Poor little Augie doggies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor little Augie doggies

So, Augie fans dressed up like WIU fans to cheer against SDSU. That's amusingly pathetic. I've been impressed with the graciousness of USD fans regarding SDSU's victories in the Summit tournament. Some Augie fans, on the other hand, are acting like the little brother who got left behind. Well, I guess they did get left behind. So thanks, Augie fans, for contributing to the record tournament attendance at the Arena this week. I hope you enjoyed the games and spent a lot of your Mom and Dad's money on tickets and concessions.
    This space for lease.

Re: Poor little Augie doggies

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
    So, Augie fans dressed up like WIU fans to cheer against SDSU. That's amusingly pathetic. I've been impressed with the graciousness of USD fans regarding SDSU's victories in the Summit tournament. Some Augie fans, on the other hand, are acting like the little brother who got left behind. Well, I guess they did get left behind. So thanks, Augie fans, for contributing to the record tournament attendance at the Arena this week. I hope you enjoyed the games and spent a lot of your Mom and Dad's money on tickets and concessions.
    From what I understand they were bribed with shirts, food and , beer by the Worldwide Leader.......
    With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

I'm sure it was little New Testament bibles and communion wafers, not beer and food. Come on now - I know this is a smack thread, but Augie students, drink....... HA!

Regardless, little naive me - was impressed that WIU brought a few fans with "school wares" no less!

Comment

Wherever they were from, they did add a little to the chaotic atmosphere in there last night. If we had lost, it might have bothered me. Having Augie fans there to witness the Jacks getting the biggest win in SD basketball history was a nice bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by MaddogJack View Post
          I'm sure it was little New Testament bibles and communion wafers, not beer and food. Come on now - I know this is a smack thread, but Augie students, drink....... HA!

Regardless, little naive me - was impressed that WIU brought a few fans with "school wares" no less!
          Lutherans.

Coffee and bars in the basement is the usual bribe.

/disclaimer--poster is a not-terribly-compliant Lutheran
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Ralph Waggoner former president at Augie was president of Western Illinois before he came to Augie. Mayber there is a connection.

Comment

Let's get off our high horses. It was a smart move by whoever orchestrated it - Western students, ESPN, or the SA. It added to the atmosphere.

There were more Augie fans at the Arena cheering for SDSU than cheering against us.
              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

I'll never forget during the 1984/85 basketball season, my freshman year, during the super-intense Augie game at Frost, we were sitting in the second row from the top of the lower-level bleachers in the student section. Directly behind us sat a late-50s to early 60s couple, Augie fans who had the misfortune to find their way to the SDSU student section with their GA tickets. It was funny to hear the naive couple talk and express their shock at the behavior of some of the students, whom "clearly had been drinking." It was pretty clear that in their minds, that was not something that happened at Augustana. They were nice about it and somewhat amused, but definitely a bit superior. I believe that was the game we won on a Mark Schultz tip-in at the buzzer.
                @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Don't know why some people care so much about this.

A former "rival" school's students dress up in our opposition's colors isn't shocking at all. Sure it isn't a classy thing to do, but whoever expects college students to be classy is living in a different universe than the rest of us, and that goes for all college students (yes, SDSU students included).

I have no love or animosity towards Augie and I could honestly careless if they support or oppose the Jacks. Enjoy the victory and remember the most true saying in the world: "Haters gonna hate."
                  If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                  - Steven Wright

Comment

Augie is my favorite DII team, and I wish them (and the many SD athletes they have) nothing but success. I think most of their fans feel the same way about SDSU.

Although i did enjoy bringing back the "Augie sucks" cheer.
                    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

I'm expecting their women to make the Regional Finals down here in Wayne, Monday night. Does anyone know where a guy can get a Western Illinois sweatshirt or jersey - so I can go over and make an ass of myself!!! (I have also successfully jinxed them now, plus they will have to get past Wayne if they both win tonight)

Comment

Originally posted by MaddogJack View Post
                        I'm expecting their women to make the Regional Finals down here in Wayne, Monday night. Does anyone know where a guy can get a Western Illinois sweatshirt or jersey - so I can go over and make an ass of myself!!! (I have also successfully jinxed them now, plus they will have to get past Wayne if they both win tonight)
                        I don't think you need to wear western ill jersey to make an ass of yourself...... winking smiley face.

J/K.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                          From what I understand they were bribed with shirts, food and , beer by the Worldwide Leader.......
                          Thought this had been debunked elsewhere... Where is this coming from?

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                            I don't think you need to wear western ill jersey to make an ass of yourself...... winking smiley face.

J/K.
                            Goon - I thought I had maintained my anonymity. Aparently you DO know me!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                              Let's get off our high horses. It was a smart move by whoever orchestrated it - Western students, ESPN, or the SA. It added to the atmosphere.

There were more Augie fans at the Arena cheering for SDSU than cheering against us.
                              Have some balls Augie fans. If your going to cheer against the Jacks as least put your auggie attire on for the occassion. Auggie will have had more fans at the summit cheering against the Jacks than they will have in Wayne cheering for Auggie.

I hope we sent them home UNHAPPY!

GBGBGJ

Comment

Working...
                              X