Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeremy Lin?

Anybody got thoughts on this guy?

Seems to be pretty legit so far. The 25+ ppg probably won't continue, but it is looking like he will have a decent career...
    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Re: Jeremy Lin?

From what I've seen he really needs to cut down on his turnovers and work on his jumper. Both really correctable things. Fun to watch.
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

A Harvard grad no less. He has something to fall back on. One other former Knick was several decades back was in the same position. Sen Bill Bradley, who happened to be a big star for Princeton before going on to the NBA Knicks. Good luck to Mr Lin, he can shoot the three quite good.

Comment

I think the kid is legit, to be an ok/pretty good, pro. The problem I have is that it's happening in New York. This is not a diatribe against NYC, not at all. My point is that if he was playing in Sacramento or Charlotte, you would not have even heard of him unless you're a die hard NBA fan. That being said, if it happens in NYC or LA or Chicago it's a big deal. Otherwise, it would take him several weeks of these kind of numbers to be even heard from. Lest anyone think I am picking on those 3 major cities, I am a Chicago sports fan.

Comment

I don't totally agree with you. There is definitely an NYC effect but look at Rubio with the TWolves this year. Though admittedly, Rubio was hyped coming in.

Comment

He's good. I do believe if he had been playing for Toronto or Milwaukee, no one would have given 2 sH$Ts about him. But that's not what is happening, so good for him! Interesting(or not interesting) factoid: Harvard has produced 8 Presidents only 3 NBA players.
            With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...raptors_021512

I for one, love this story. And one of the best parts as an SDSU fan...he plays a lot like a guy we've got on our team. Wave the future for point guards in the NBA? 6'3" - 220lbs??
              Pretty sure Jeremy Lin from a low Mid-Major conference can't hurt Wolters chances.

Go Jacks!!
              SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                He's good. I do believe if he had been playing for Toronto or Milwaukee, no one would have given 2 sH$Ts about him. But that's not what is happening, so good for him! Interesting(or not interesting) factoid: Harvard has produced 8 Presidents only 3 NBA players.
                That's 2 more than SDSU has produced. Lets see there was King Ling who played for a spell and who else?

Comment

Like an asian tebow.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                    Like an asian tebow.
                    Um, why not just NBA Tebow? Who is black tebow?

My take, its fun to watch. Which is what sports is supposed to be about.
                    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Like an asian tebow.
                      Really close, except the following:

Tebow received a full ride scholarship to one of the top football schools in the country. Lin was not offered a scholarship even though he was one of California's top basketball player's and lived in close proximity to Stanford.

Tebow won a national championship and a Heisman at Florida. Jeremy Lin lead Harvard to the CIT his senior year. They lost in the first round.

Tebow was drafted in the first round by a team that traded up to draft him. Lin went un-drafted and had to try out to make a summer league team.

Tebow made millions of dollars with his rookie contract. Until a week ago, Jeremy Lin was sleeping on a couch in his brother's apartment.

Tebow is in-your-face with his religion which rubs some people the wrong way. Jeremy Lin (also religious - planned on being a preacher) does not bring up his religion as far as I can tell, other than his Twitter bio.

But yes, they are the same other than race.

Comment

I guess I was refering to how they they both get on the field/court they both win, they are both humble and good stories that were not major headlines starting the year and were not really given a chance but once they got the start, good things happened both find a way in the end to win.

Its obviously been a pretty big deal because the media makes a big deal out of his race. The odds for chinese people are pretty slim to make the NBA. Its a good story which does include race. Unless your Floyd Mayweather then the race is a bad thing.

also Tebow in your face religion is more the media push then Tebow going out of his way to preach to you.

But what do I know.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I guess I was refering to how they they both get on the field/court they both win, they are both humble and good stories that were not major headlines starting the year and were not really given a chance but once they got the start, good things happened both find a way in the end to win.

Its obviously been a pretty big deal because the media makes a big deal out of his race. The odds for chinese people are pretty slim to make the NBA. Its a good story which does include race. Unless your Floyd Mayweather then the race is a bad thing.

also Tebow in your face religion is more the media push then Tebow going out of his way to preach to you.

But what do I know.
                          Like the commercial that he chose to make for the Super Bowl? OK.

But I just don't find similarity between them. Lin seems to be a better PG than Tebow is a QB. And Tebow was DEFINITELY talked about before the season started. I definitely remember hearing stories about a QB controversy in Denver before the season even started.

I don't think the comparison holds any water other than the media loved both players. Tebow-mania and Lin-sanity. That is the only commonality that I can see.

Comment

Like an asian tebow.
                            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                              That's 2 more than SDSU has produced. Lets see there was King Ling who played for a spell and who else?
                              I wasn't knocking it, I just thought it was interesting. Nor was I comparing SDSU in any way shape or form to Harvard, "605" already tries to take that honor......
                              With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Working...
                              X