No announcement yet.

Seriously? The fans stormed the court?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seriously? The fans stormed the court?

Fans usually storm the court because of a buzzer beater, a non ranked team beating a high ranked team, winning a conference tourney or a national title and now the newest reason......it was the only game that mattered all year.

Re: Seriously? The fans stormed the court?

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
    Fans usually storm the court because of a buzzer beater, a non ranked team beating a high ranked team, winning a conference tourney or a national title and now the newest reason......it was the only game that mattered all year.
    You might say that!!!!!! Oh well we face again next year. This one game will not ruin my day or week.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
      If SDSU doesn't like it, then don't lose.
      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

I'm not sure why people take offense to this. It's flattering if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by HandoEX View Post
          That's a good way to look at it I guess. Silver linings people.
          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

In general, storming the court occurs when a team (generally one either new to basketball success or one that has not had such success recently) wins at home against a team that is being significantly more successful over the course of that season than the home team is being.

This would accurately describe USD, this season. And so, again, let them enjoy their moment.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I'm glad they stormed the court. I hope the team saw it and it made the loss hurt even more. Use it to our advantage. Good for USD on the win. Hopefully it will get them going into next year as the league is going to need better years from everyone to make up for ORU's departure
              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

USD's students provided a great atmosphere at last nights game. If was more of a storming of 1/3 of the court or free throw line than storming the court but well deserved and neat to see. I really enjoyed the experience at the dome. Sat right in the middle of the USD crowd near some knowledgeable fans who wished SDSU luck going forward.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Hopefully this fuels the fire in our men going forward

Comment

I bet the USD message board is also storming with activity. They might have to train a second team of guinea pigs to keep their server up and running.

Originally posted by JackFan96
                    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                      You might say that!!!!!! Oh well we face again next year. This one game will not ruin my day or week.
                      I actually dont let too many games ruin my day or week or life. Ive been a Jack fan for 40 yrs, you win some and you lose some

Comment

Originally posted by HandoEX View Post
                        high schoolish if you ask me. I agree there is certain times it is totally ok to do it. now if they were D-2, that makes sense, but you guys are D-1, maybe try to act like your suppose to win these kind of games. Not surprised when you do. If you want to be taken seriously as future confrence contenders you need to act like you deserve to be there.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                          high schoolish if you ask me. I agree there is certain times it is totally ok to do it. now if they were D-2, that makes sense, but you guys are D-1, maybe try to act like your suppose to win these kind of games. Not surprised when you do. If you want to be taken seriously as future confrence contenders you need to act like you deserve to be there.
                          Perhaps you realize this, but Hando is a Bison fan, not a Coyote fan.

I could care less if the USD students rushed the floor. Doesn't seem like the proper context for doing that, but my perspective is that of a fan of a team closing in on 20 wins and a chance at the big dance.
                          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

It was a huge win for the last place team in the Summit League, and a very bad loss for us. Also although not a buzzer beater they were sweating the last few seconds. Why wouldn't they storm the court? Time to move on, as we are playing to get in the NCAA Tourney and they are playing out the rest of a very bad season. Let 'em have their moment. It was the only game that mattered to them anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                              Perhaps you realize this, but Hando is a Bison fan, not a Coyote fan.

I could care less if the USD students rushed the floor. Doesn't seem like the proper context for doing that, but my perspective is that of a fan of a team closing in on 20 wins and a chance at the big dance.

I know he is, but I was just sharing my views compared to his.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                              X