2012 Conference Recruiting Comparison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 Conference Recruiting Comparison

Missouri Valley schools have announced their recruiting classes, and I'm guessing most fans and coaches feel their teams did well. ESPN has listed recruits that they had rated, and it would be hard to argue based on their evaluations that NDSU had a banner year. What are your thoughts on the recruiting classes?

Re: 2012 Conference Recruiting Comparison

Along with what is listed is the following JUCO transfer, his Brother Deshawn is currently on the team

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...inwiddie-77576

http://www.hutchnews.com/Jucodaily/d...igns-with-ndsu
    BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

well doesnt look good for us then. But a lot of times its tought to tell how good these guys will be. I usally go by who recruits them also, and what our needs are also.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

While recruiting class signings are fun to follow and great for discussion, the only rankings that matter occur in the standings each fall.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
          While recruiting class signings are fun to follow and great for discussion, the only rankings that matter occur in the standings each fall.
          spot on, several of the "playmakers" for us inthe playoffs were ND boys from small schools
          BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

I think the Bizon (or ESPN) went to the USD School of Counting. Am I the only one that saw they had a commitment from two Smiths from Roosevelt. Andrew is a 6'0" 190lb Safety and Andy is a 6'0" 185 lb Safety.

Kind of curious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
              spot on, several of the "playmakers" for us inthe playoffs were ND boys from small schools
              I saw a quote from Preston Evans who made a comment that their were probably only 3 people left from his recruiting class left on this year's roster. Some didn't even make it to the 1st Fall Camp.

Comment

First of all, recruiting doesn't = wins, if it was about recruiting Charlie Weis would still be at Notre Dame and Ron Zook would have never had to leave Florida.

Second of all a friend of mine from college (BHSU) who never played football there, was a 100ish QB ranking (according to ESPN) in the nation his senior year, Jon Doom who played at DWU was in the same area as a ranked recruit.

Third A 45 doesn't mean anything, it just means that you have a profile, but they haven't evaluated anything on you. I've seen a fair share of NAIA athletes get an ESPN profile

And Scout and Rivals are in a similar boat, I will say that some Rivals/Scouts state sites are much better then others, it seems Arizona has a pretty solid one, but still the rankings are what they are.

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
                  I think the Bizon (or ESPN) went to the USD School of Counting. Am I the only one that saw they had a commitment from two Smiths from Roosevelt. Andrew is a 6'0" 190lb Safety and Andy is a 6'0" 185 lb Safety.

Kind of curious to me.
                  Yeah, cause NDSU put that page together....
                  BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                    I saw a quote from Preston Evans who made a comment that their were probably only 3 people left from his recruiting class left on this year's roster. Some didn't even make it to the 1st Fall Camp.
                    yep, had 2 really hard years with some ego, law, and academic issues. It has really turned around though
                    BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
                      Yeah, cause NDSU put that page together....
                      That's why I put "(or ESPN)" in there with it.

I didn't know if that was the Bison reporting or ESPN being their usual uninformed self about things west of the Mississippi and east of the Rockies.

Comment

Just to show how ineffective the "star " system of ranking recruits is,seven players on the New England Patriots Super Bowl roster were no star recruits coming out of high school.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                          Just to show how ineffective the "star " system of ranking recruits is,seven players on the New England Patriots Super Bowl roster were no star recruits coming out of high school.
                          ... and look at what happened to them on Sunday!
                          Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

I think this means NDSU signed more highly rated recruits than any other MVFC school which means nothing more than that.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                            X