recruiting up North

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recruiting up North

I can't keep it straight...which school tends to us the word "crazy" as a superlative when describing recruits (as in "crazy speed"...geez, how many times have we heard or read that about every guy that can tie his own shoelaces and decides to go to school in the Canadian buffer zone?), is that UND or NDSU -- hard to keep those two apart. Anyway, in TV's article in today's Argus, he makes a point/raises a question about how schools (or their fans) tend to judge a recruiting class at least in part on how many other schools, and the level at which those schools play, made offers to the same athletes. I was reading somewhere last night that many UND's signees had no other offers. Now, just watch, they'll probably have more stars in that group than any other school.

They're just crazy recruiters up there. Lots of crazy size and crazy speed going to the tundra.

Re: recruiting up North

Easier to glide across the ice in place Sept to May than our wind-blown turf! ;P

Comment

Here is the thing about recruiting..... You will never hear a coach say he doesn't like his class.

Remind me in 3-4-5 years, that is how you should rank a class. Some of SDSU's brightest recruits didn't last 1-2-3 years.

I like what Andy Staples does, and he ranks the recruiting class from 3 years ago.

Comment

So what do regional FCS coaches show their recruits?UND football recruits are shown the passion for UND hockey, eh.SDSU recruits are shown the trophy mountings that Stig has nabbed hunting and fishing in and around Brookings.USD recruits are shown game tape from the Minnesota win...during the incredible 3-8 season of '10.I can't imagine what Bison recruits are shown. The coaches will think of something, I'm sure.

Comment

Originally posted by HandoEX View Post
          So what do regional FCS coaches show their recruits?UND football recruits are shown the passion for UND hockey, eh.SDSU recruits are shown the trophy mountings that Stig has nabbed hunting and fishing in and around Brookings.USD recruits are shown game tape from the Minnesota win...during the incredible 3-8 season of '10.I can't imagine what Bison recruits are shown. The coaches will think of something, I'm sure.
          I imagine that the recruits up there are shown what crimes they are able to commit and still play for the team. That is probably followed by the NC trophy, and then the "free workouts" offered by yearly sandbagging opportunities.
          -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

SDSU recruits are shown the trophy mountings that Stig has nabbed hunting and fishing in and around Brookings..

Haha. LOL. Best line I have read in a long time. I am still laughing.
            LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

I can't imagine what Bison recruits are shown. The coaches will think of something, I'm sure.
              Pictures of Tailgating on asphalt? Hilarious mugshots of former players? Manuals on how to avoid a certain over-the-top stalker fan?

Seriously though...funny stuff on the trophy mounts!
              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                Haha. LOL. Best line I have read in a long time. I am still laughing.
                Agreed. Hando -- good one.

The other schools in the MVFC -- schools other than NDSU -- have held secret meetings at which they've developed plans to have a certain Bison fan (whose name shall not be mentioned) meet all recruits. The recruits will be told that if they, too, graduate from NDSU, they can be just like that certain fan!

Comment

I'm guessing that whatever the Bison recruits are shown, it's viewed on 50 inch flat screens from Best Buy.
                  "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Bison recruits are shown a few things...
                    shamenwashington_1.jpg

(Some awesome picture of LakesBison)

bestbuy-store-13.JPG

Comment

That Hando post is a classic of the self-smack genre - but it IS an example of how you can have some fun at our own expense when you win national championships.

BTW. I am really surprised we don't show recruits the Bison Special porta-potties we trot out for Bison fans....

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                        That Hando post is a classic of the self-smack genre - but it IS an example of how you can have some fun at our own expense when you win national championships.

BTW. I am really surprised we don't show recruits the Bison Special porta-potties we trot out for Bison fans....
                        I am pretty sure bizon are not house broken, but they do deserve some privacy when making bizon patties.

Does campus still have that sign by north campus drive and medary that says horse unit? newbies to brookings usually found that funny.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post

Careful using "porta-potties" and "trot" in the same sentence.
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                            I am pretty sure bizon are not house broken, but they do deserve some privacy when making bizon patties.

Does campus still have that sign by north campus drive and medary that says horse unit? newbies to brookings usually found that funny.
                            Its gone.

And you say Newbies found that funny? I believe I have a friend that took a photograph of himself standing next to that sign during our last semester in Brookings.
                            "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                            "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                              Careful using "porta-potties" and "trot" in the same sentence.
                              Oh poop, I gave away our secret hot dog recipe for the visitors' concessions, didn't I? Crapdarnit.

Comment

Working...
                              X