Kevin Love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kevin Love

Kevin Love agreed to a 4 year 62 million extension with the T-wolves. Will sign the deal tomorrow in Dallas according to sources

Update:Kevin Love has not agreed and talks still on-going. Kevin Love said this on twitter, "If you read it on the Internet it must be true right? #sarcasm"

I am guessing he wants a 5 year deal, but they need to get him locked up soon.
    Last edited by witness; 01-24-2012, 08:30 PM. Reason: New sources update
    "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Re: Kevin Love

If anybody was wondering K-Love agreed tot that 4 year deal but he can opt out after 3 years which I think there is a good chance of him doing that since some say he feels disrespected that he didn't get a 5th year.

Comment

Kevin Love, Williams, and Rubio cause me to watch the T-Wolves. Been awhile since that's happened......
      With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
        Kevin Love, Williams, and Rubio cause me to watch the T-Wolves. Been awhile since that's happened......
        You mean, Darko Milicic doesn't do it for you?

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
          If anybody was wondering K-Love agreed tot that 4 year deal but he can opt out after 3 years which I think there is a good chance of him doing that since some say he feels disrespected that he didn't get a 5th year.
          He will opt out but it won't be because he was disrespected it will be because unless he gets seriously injured he will be able to get a longer max deal on the open market.

If you would have told me on draft night (the night where Mchale traded OJ Mayo for him) that he would some day sign a max deal, I might have believed it but more because of the T-wolves and not because he deserved it. He deserved it, and I somewhat get the argument that he wouldn't put up as good of numbers on a great team, but look at his shooting % and rebounds. his shooting % is pretty solid, its not like he is jacking 39 shots and making 7 a night. He gets to the line, he gets effort rebounds, and effort points like few I've seen. And he got in shape. Hes lost something like 34 pounds since college.

I've never quite seen anyone like him play, the closest thing (and I was a bit too young to truly remember) but Charles Barkley, because he is an undersized guy who gets his rebounds, but I think K-Love has developed more of an outside game and become a better player then Barkley.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
            He will opt out but it won't be because he was disrespected it will be because unless he gets seriously injured he will be able to get a longer max deal on the open market.

If you would have told me on draft night (the night where Mchale traded OJ Mayo for him) that he would some day sign a max deal, I might have believed it but more because of the T-wolves and not because he deserved it. He deserved it, and I somewhat get the argument that he wouldn't put up as good of numbers on a great team, but look at his shooting % and rebounds. his shooting % is pretty solid, its not like he is jacking 39 shots and making 7 a night. He gets to the line, he gets effort rebounds, and effort points like few I've seen. And he got in shape. Hes lost something like 34 pounds since college.

I've never quite seen anyone like him play, the closest thing (and I was a bit too young to truly remember) but Charles Barkley, because he is an undersized guy who gets his rebounds, but I think K-Love has developed more of an outside game and become a better player then Barkley.
            Yes he could opt out for that reason, but word on the street from experts is that he felt he should have got a 5 year deal like his college teammate Russell Westbrook, and there is some hard feelings because he isn't Kahns guy so Kahn can't get credit for Love like he can with Rubio. Also the whole shooting percentage is why I believe he could succeed on any team and unless Griffin can improve his shooting dramatically(which I don't think he can at all) he should be the best PF in league in 3 years. As a LeBron fan which makes me a Heat fan, I would rather have K Love than Bosh as Kevin is a better shooter and has as same if not better post game.

Comment

Or...or....he took the four year deal because the T-Wolves reminded him that if he takes the five they can't sign Rubio to an extension because Love will have eaten up the fifth year and there goes the future. So he can opt out after three, or the Wolved can give him another extension at that time giving him the $20M he left on the table.
              I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

I'm not a NBA cap expert so I can't comment on the cap reasons. But I think what Love wanted was for the Wolves to show they will be relevant. He wanted the money now and at the same time wanted the option to get out of Minneapolis if they are pathetic in 3 years. In 3-4-5 years I guess we will find out what the reason was.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                  I'm not a NBA cap expert so I can't comment on the cap reasons. But I think what Love wanted was for the Wolves to show they will be relevant. He wanted the money now and at the same time wanted the option to get out of Minneapolis if they are pathetic in 3 years. In 3-4-5 years I guess we will find out what the reason was.
                  I agree, why would you want to be "somewhat" stuck in MPLS for another year as your good playing years slip by you? I'm not a T-wolves fan, but this team is fun to watch. I mostly just like to watch the players in the NBA, I don't really care about the teams too much.
                  With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
                    Or...or....he took the four year deal because the T-Wolves reminded him that if he takes the five they can't sign Rubio to an extension because Love will have eaten up the fifth year and there goes the future. So he can opt out after three, or the Wolved can give him another extension at that time giving him the $20M he left on the table.
                    You're correct - at the end of his new contract,the Wolves still will be able to pay him more than any other team - 7.5 % raise compared to 4.5 % for everyone else. If they continue to improve,they have a good chance to keep him for a long time.

Comment

Working...
                    X