2012 Schedule USD Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 Schedule USD Football

According to Jeremy Hoeck USD will have 5 home games including Colgate and 4 MVFC games.

They will travel to Montana and get a 200K guarantee for 2012 and then a home and home for 13 and 14 with supposed high $ buyout clause. Nice if true.

Intention for future is 1 FBS game per year.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: 2012 Schedule USD Football

That is a nice get, in Montana. If I were their AD, or Associate AD (whoever does the scheduling) I would have plan B ready for the home dates with Montana. We all know how solid their "word" is on return dates for home/home with the Grizzlies.

Comment

USD is gooing to have a full Valley schedule, Northwestern, Montana and Colgate. Good schedule but a very tough one.

Where do you guys see USD placing in the Valley next year?

These teams will be tough next year: NDSU-UNI-Ill State-Ind State-YSU-SDSU
      Mediorce next year IMO: WIU-MSU-SIU

IMO, with what USD graduates this year, they might have a chance beating MSU and maybe WIU. IMO, they finish 9th or 10th in the Valley.

Until they prove they can win on the road consistently they will be a "doormat" in the Valley for awhile.

Thoughts?

Comment

Coyotes are going to struggle mightily even if they bring in some of the guys that I am hearing are on the hook. That said, the dome is a place they defend well and could surprise a few teams that aren't ready for it. Joe Glenn will generate some interest from alums but the difficulty of their schedule will likely stomp out that momentum in a hurry. They haven't done squat on the road and now they are in one of the toughest conferences in the nation. No NAIA or DII cupcakes and Montana on the road likely means 2 or 3 wins at best.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by Bison Fan in NW MN View Post
          USD is gooing to have a full Valley schedule, Northwestern, Montana and Colgate. Good schedule but a very tough one.

Where do you guys see USD placing in the Valley next year?

These teams will be tough next year: NDSU-UNI-Ill State-Ind State-YSU-SDSU
          Mediorce next year IMO: WIU-MSU-SIU

IMO, with what USD graduates this year, they might have a chance beating MSU and maybe WIU. IMO, they finish 9th or 10th in the Valley.

Until they prove they can win on the road consistently they will be a "doormat" in the Valley for awhile.

Thoughts?

Thanks for putting us in the "tough" category here. You had us mediocre on the Coyote Board. Scared we're gonna beat you up?

Comment

That schedule looks really nice on paper but playing it out is going to be rough - especially with a young team unaccustomed to the weekly grind of the MVC. USD fans better go into the season with realistic expectations (4 wins would be over-achieving). That's a huge change from a couple of NAIA home games and the Great west. Huge.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
              Thanks for putting us in the "tough" category here. You had us mediocre on the Coyote Board. Scared we're gonna beat you up?

Ya, I did but I changed my mind. Your QB is going to cause a lot of teams headaches next year and the Jacks usually have a pretty good defense.

LOL.....good catch there!!!

Comment

I was thinking the same thing!
                Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Ya, I did but I changed my mind. Your QB is going to cause a lot of teams headaches next year and the Jacks usually have a pretty good defense.LOL.....good catch there!!!
                  He told me he thought the Bunnies were just that.....Bunnies. He plays to his crowd

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                    He told me he thought the Bunnies were just that.....Bunnies. He plays to his crowd

Hey, I changed my mind...Sumner is pretty good.

I haven't changed my mind about USD. They will struggle big time in the Valley. The only 2 teams you might have a chance beating are MSU and WIU. Look down your schedule next year and tell me that you think USD will finish in the top half of the league. You have UNI-WIU-Ill State-NDSU at home this year. Ill State completely steam-rolled USD this year and will be better next year. No way you beat UNI and NDSU this coming year. WIU is a pound it out team and they will probably be better also. Plus you have Northwestern and Montana at WGS. USD hasn't played too well on the road during its transistion....doesn't give me too much faith that they will win many on the road this year.

Maybe I'm wrong but I think USD wins 2 or 3 games. I said the same thing on your board. So what if I changed my mind about SDSU and where they might place. Sumner is good....have you seen him play?

Comment

Hey, I changed my mind...Sumner is pretty good.I haven't changed my mind about USD. They will struggle big time in the Valley. The only 2 teams you might have a chance beating are MSU and WIU. Look down your schedule next year and tell me that you think USD will finish in the top half of the league. You have UNI-WIU-Ill State-NDSU at home this year. Ill State completely steam-rolled USD this year and will be better next year. No way you beat UNI and NDSU this coming year. WIU is a pound it out team and they will probably be better also. Plus you have Northwestern and Montana at WGS. USD hasn't played too well on the road during its transistion....doesn't give me too much faith that they will win many on the road this year.Maybe I'm wrong but I think USD wins 2 or 3 games. I said the same thing on your board. So what if I changed my mind about SDSU and where they might place. Sumner is good....have you seen him play?
                      I have and he is pretty good. I haven't been crowing about us competing for a championship. We will compete better than you think. I look forward to the NDSU game in the Dome. We started a new tradition last fall of beating defending FCS champs. You're next.

Comment

Ya, I did but I changed my mind. Your QB is going to cause a lot of teams headaches next year and the Jacks usually have a pretty good defense.

LOL.....good catch there!!!

Always have to take advantage of these things, especially when it involves our biggest rival.

Comment

Always have to take advantage of these things, especially when it involves our biggest rival.

Jacks always play us tough. The game in Fargo should be a good one.

Bison are going to have some issues for next year also. We lose 2 OL starters that are really good and our WRs are going to be an issue if some guys cannot come back from injuries. I think the defense has the potential to be better next year.

If Sumner continues to progress and keeps putting stats up like he did at the end of the year...look out.

The Valley is going to be tough next year for sure.
                          Last edited by Bison Fan in NW MN; 01-11-2012, 07:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                            I have and he is pretty good. I haven't been crowing about us competing for a championship. We will compete better than you think. I look forward to the NDSU game in the Dome. We started a new tradition last fall of beating defending FCS champs. You're next.
                            Undoubtedly next year will be tough for you guys, but I do love that response!!

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
                              Undoubtedly next year will be tough for you guys, but I do love that response!!

Ya, pretty good response.

If USD wins 3 games next year I would be surprised.

Comment

Working...
                              X