X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meadows to FAU?

http://fauowlaccess.com/blogs/owlthi...nis-staff.aspx

Re: Meadows to FAU?

Evidently, Pelini did get the license number of the bus that hit his vaunted d-line a couple of years ago.

167229_1390026010993_1842398741_747721_1674248_n.jpg
    Attached Files
    @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
    --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Congrats and best wishes to Luke and his family. You will be missed.

Comment

didnt see this comming. Wonder if he was ready for a change or if the writing was on the wall. I think that is a situation where as being line coach he can really focus on his strength. I would have perfered he got a head coaching job but best of luck to him. Maybe could help send a few recruits this way if he comes across some that are good enough for us but not what FAU is looking at?
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Congratulations to Coach Meadows.

I have to wonder if this means Eidsness is going to be taking over as offensive coordinator or if they'll look externally?
          If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
          - Steven Wright

Comment

All the best to Coach Meadows. I'm sorry to see him leave.

He sure seemed to catch all the blame when the offense struggled and not much credit when it turned around and ran well. Ah, the life of a coach. Fair or not that's part of the gig. It wouldn't surprise me if he was ready for a new start and it is probably a pretty good pay hike given the discussion on what our budget is at SDSU.

Turn the page.

SUPERBUNNY
            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
              Congratulations to Coach Meadows.

I have to wonder if this means Eidsness is going to be taking over as offensive coordinator or if they'll look externally?
              You would hope they would open it up to at least see who might have interest. However,time is short with signing date 3 weeks away - potential recruits will want to know who the coordinator will be. Also,salary might keep outside candidates away.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                You would hope they would open it up to at least see who might have interest. However,time is short with signing date 3 weeks away - potential recruits will want to know who the coordinator will be. Also,salary might keep outside candidates away.
                MY GUESS, that Eric head coaching experience would help him become the next offensive co-ordinator.

Comment

Not to mention the fact Eric was previously the OC at SDSU before going to SWMSU.
                  I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Eidsness will be the new OC. New line coach? What's Timmerman doing? There's some retired Hall of Fame guy been hanging around too,maybe he wants a hobby.....
                    With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                      Eidsness will be the new OC. New line coach? What's Timmerman doing? There's some retired Hall of Fame guy been hanging around too,maybe he wants a hobby.....
                      With commodities going sky high, he will be busy farming the world and feeding the world.
                      Last edited by Nidaros; 01-09-2012, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Congratulations.

Personally, in an ideal world it would be awesome if they could pull Carl Larson out of the pastor-hood to be O-Line coach. He rocked.

Hope they find a good candidate with no SDSU ties to fill this void. New blood could be a good thing.
                        I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

I would that that there would be a lot of OC out there that would be very interested in working with the talent that SDSU has in their QB.

I, for one, hope that they take external candidates seriously and don't just hand it over to anyone. It would be nice to get some perspective from someone outside the program and maybe open up some recruiting pipelines.
                          -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

This makes the School of Mines decision look that much dumber. Better job at FAU anyway...

Comment

Just curious Carl Pelini, is he a brother or son of BO? I would agree the FAU job was much better from a salary point of view, but a tough one. FAU has went through a bunch of coachs since starting their program. Luke could find himself heading back north after a few years at FAU. Good luck to Luke and family. Enjoy the nice climate.

Comment

Working...
                              X