Vikings' dilemma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vikings' dilemma

Vikings have a shot at Luck. Do they do a bigger version of what the Packers did in letting Denver score a touchdown in the Super Bowl? In other words, do they satisfy themselves with two more losses?

Re: Vikings' dilemma

I'm a Vikings fan and I've never wanted them to lose like I do this year. The last thing they need is a meaningless win or two at this point.

Comment

Okay ive never wanted them to lose
      Great moments are born from great opportunities.
      ---Herb Brooks

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
        Vikings have a shot at Luck. Do they do a bigger version of what the Packers did in letting Denver score a touchdown in the Super Bowl? In other words, do they satisfy themselves with two more losses?
        According to what I've seen, the Vikings would not only need to lose the next two, Indianapolis would have to win one.

Currently, the rankings are Indy, Minny and St. Louis. If they all finish with two wins, that's their draft order.

Me? I say they should grab RG3 if he declares because I don't think they're getting Luck. RG3 is smart, he's not going to embarrass the franchise, he works hard, and so forth. He would be an outstanding face for the Vikings.

But, they also need to thoroughly overhaul their coaching staff. And they need to dump Spielman. He bears a certain amount of responsibility for how it comes about that this team is suddenly this bad.

Comment

They need a loss and a Colts win. I hope it doesn't happen because I loathe the Vikings and I do not want them to have Luck.
          Originally posted by JackFan96
          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Peterson just got hurt again. He has definitely been an incredible player, but I have no doubt that the huge contract he signed is going to hamstring the Vikings for the next several years. You don't hear many people saying that yet, but stay tuned. Running back is not a great place to throw big money and long contracts, especially when you are rebuilding.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
              Peterson just got hurt again. He has definitely been an incredible player, but I have no doubt that the huge contract he signed is going to hamstring the Vikings for the next several years. You don't hear many people saying that yet, but stay tuned. Running back is not a great place to throw big money and long contracts, especially when you are rebuilding.
              I agree 100%. Runningbacks have a very short shelf life.
              Originally posted by JackFan96
              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

That was a historically bad "win". Classic.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                  Could happen but bet it won't be as bad as the carping around Joe Mauer contract. Last thing you want on a team is a hometown prima donna who won't play hurt.

Comment

Working...
                  X