NDSU vs. Sam Houston State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NDSU vs. Sam Houston State

So I posted this after the Bison beat the Gophers...

"I hate to continue the unsmack, but here it goes. NDSU continues to hit like a bunch of Mack trucks on defense, no different from what I remember in the Jacks game last year. Jensen is way more mobile than he looks. McNorton might be one of the best backs in the FCS. I used to not think he would be much better than his first year. Wrong by me. NDSU is a contender...for more than the MVFC title. Hate to say it, but they are."

I'm not going to strain myself with the back-patting.

I watched pretty much every play of the semi-finals (both games) and I would be shocked if NDSU doesn't win this thing. But I also thought Montana would pound SHSU.

Re: NDSU vs. Sam Houston State

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
    I watched pretty much every play of the semi-finals (both games) and I would be shocked if NDSU doesn't win this thing. But I also thought Montana would pound SHSU.
    You forgot one thing on that game.....Montana was no longer up where the air is thin and the 25000 drunken fans screaming for them,and the women offering themselves up on a platter should they win. NDSU will have a full contingent in Frisco to be sure at this one(I'm sure lakes has it as high as a gajillion NDSU fans). SHSU thinks this is home cookin'....but I'm pretty sure it's going to be a split right down the middle and nullify the "homefield" for SHSU.
    With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
      So I posted this after the Bison beat the Gophers...

"I hate to continue the unsmack, but here it goes. NDSU continues to hit like a bunch of Mack trucks on defense, no different from what I remember in the Jacks game last year. Jensen is way more mobile than he looks. McNorton might be one of the best backs in the FCS. I used to not think he would be much better than his first year. Wrong by me. NDSU is a contender...for more than the MVFC title. Hate to say it, but they are."

I'm not going to strain myself with the back-patting.

I felt the same way after the Minnesota game. I think NDSU will find a way to win. That's good for the MVFC.
      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
        You forgot one thing on that game.....Montana was no longer up where the air is thin and the 25000 drunken fans screaming for them,and the women offering themselves up on a platter should they win. NDSU will have a full contingent in Frisco to be sure at this one(I'm sure lakes has it as high as a gajillion NDSU fans). SHSU thinks this is home cookin'....but I'm pretty sure it's going to be a split right down the middle and nullify the "homefield" for SHSU.
        I'm not sure either team will have a distinct home field advantage - word on some of the message boards is that both teams were given 4000 tickets (which are spoken for already) and the other 12000 that the stadium holds have been sold already (and are slowly making their way to the secondary market of scalpers, ticket brokers, stub hub, etc.). Tickets on stub hub range from $350-$1333 right now - that is a lot of coin. Lots of crabby or nervous Bison fans about the situation hoping that either more tickets become available through NDSU or the NCAA or the price on the secondary market comes down closer to face value ($45/seat).
        "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Crabby Bison fans, I thought they were just plain arrogant.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
            I'm not sure either team will have a distinct home field advantage - word on some of the message boards is that both teams were given 4000 tickets (which are spoken for already) and the other 12000 that the stadium holds have been sold already (and are slowly making their way to the secondary market of scalpers, ticket brokers, stub hub, etc.). Tickets on stub hub range from $350-$1333 right now - that is a lot of coin. Lots of crabby or nervous Bison fans about the situation hoping that either more tickets become available through NDSU or the NCAA or the price on the secondary market comes down closer to face value ($45/seat).
            Here's a link to that StubHub page and it's not pretty if you're a fan of the two teams playing.
            http://www.stubhub.com/2011-ncaa-div...-2012-2369154/

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
              Those prices will come down. They just need to be patient. Book the rooms and wait. Those prices will come down. Good lesson here, if your team makes the playoffs, might want to consider buying ahead of time.
              With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                Crabby Bison fans, I thought they were just plain arrogant.
                Some are arrogant...no doubt about it. Many more just have high expectations...I would not call that arrogant. Either way I am excited the Bison are in the championship.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                  Some are arrogant...no doubt about it. Many more just have high expectations...I would not call that arrogant. Either way I am excited the Bison are in the championship.
                  Every fan has high expectations or they're not a fan. Every real fan is also realistic that you can't win 'em all. What makes some fans arrogant and boorish is they fail to see these traits in fans of other teams. A bunch of those have appeared on this board, present company excluded.

Comment

Some are arrogant. Some are ignorant. That goes for EVERY fan base in the country.

I've always thought that NDSU had more that were arrogant - but that is from the perspective of a life-long Jackrabbit fan. (I understand that my perspective is biased)

I have decided that cheering for NDSU is good for the conference and good for us in the long run. (Bison fans beware, I'm also a life-long Vikings fan. )

Comment

Originally posted by MaddogJack View Post
                      Some are arrogant. Some are ignorant. That goes for EVERY fan base in the country.

I've always thought that NDSU had more that were arrogant - but that is from the perspective of a life-long Jackrabbit fan. (I understand that my perspective is biased)

I have decided that cheering for NDSU is good for the conference and good for us in the long run. (Bison fans beware, I'm also a life-long Vikings fan. )
                      When it comes to football teams this year... you want me to cheer for the other guys... Lifelong Vikes fan... should I say more? lol

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                        Some damn near all, thats why I stay away from Bisonville. You are not one of them TAB. I imagine they are still bitching about the yellow paint on the bleachers and the fact that Brookings has only two off sale liquor stores. There is no doubt that NDSU has a great football team with a bunch coming back for another full season, but some of your fans take on the success on the football field as though that is their life, that supposely is darn near perfect.

Comment

Some damn near all, thats why I stay away from Bisonville. You are not one of them TAB. I imagine they are still bitching about the yellow paint on the bleachers and the fact that Brookings has only two off sale liquor stores. There is no doubt that NDSU has a great football team with a bunch coming back for another full season, but some of your fans take on the success on the football field as though that is their life, that supposely is darn near perfect.
                          Message boards are not a way to picture an entire fanbase, as the GSU fans that came up, after they were here most on their board have changed their opinion.......i know you already knew that i just hate when "we" get looked at because of lakes type crap etc...
                          BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

I appreciate not being thrown in with the arrogant crowd...I really do. There are some that just want to run everybody down...and sadly they are the most outspoken. Many more just enjoy friendly ribbing...and since SDSU is seen in a brotherly way...we will rub anything in we can...but it is really just in fun. NDSU football is life to many on Bisonville...and I am included in that be it good or bad. I have been a diehard fan since about 4 or 5. Used to be in college if the Bison football team lost the weekend was shot...no parties or anything...couldn't have a good time. Bison fans are proud of their team, facilities, ability to raise funds/donations, etc. I can see how it would turn off other fan bases...and I know we do. It was nice to hear the opinions of the three teams' fans that came for the playoffs this season. They were very complimentary and all said it was the best time they had all year even though they lost. The tailgate was awesome and I think that was the biggest thing for them. Many said they were NDSU fans for the rest of the season. People rolled out the "North Dakota Nice" for lack of better term.

I hope you come to Fargo and tailgate next year...you might even change your opinion a little bit. Bison fans are not humble, but we do enjoy other fan bases that are proud of their team as well.

Comment

And here I just wanted to talk about the game when I started the thread!

Comment

Working...
                              X