Luke Meadows at the podium

5 minutes agoFavoriteRetweetReply

»

rcjBudlongJeff Budlong

Sdsu associate head coach interviewing for mines head football post

14 minutes agoFavoriteRetweetReply
    USD Fan

Re: Luke Meadows interviewing as SDSM&T

Yeah, Mines was doing something different, they were having their finalist hold press conferences with the media. Not really sure why anyone would want to coach at the School of Mines but that might be a bias view. The first candidate to interview was an assistant at UNO last year, and had taken a year off.

Comment

Does anybody know why Mines was turned down by the RMAC but Black Hills St was accepted?

I know some people on the board aren't high on Meadows, but I wish him luck and think he would have good potential as a DII head coach. Would like to follow his progress to see if he can help turn the program around.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
        Does anybody know why Mines was turned down by the RMAC but Black Hills St was accepted?

I know some people on the board aren't high on Meadows, but I wish him luck and think he would have good potential as a DII head coach. Would like to follow his progress to see if he can help turn the program around.
        Has to do with a few things, the big thing I heard was Colorado Mines was dead against it.

Comment

I wish Meadows the best of luck! Have they hired him yet? How about now? Now?
          With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
            I wish Meadows the best of luck! Have they hired him yet? How about now? Now?
            They are interviewing 5 candidates here are the other 2 that have already interviewed.
            1. Stacy Collins - assistant coach at Portland State- he was an assistant at the School of Mines back in the day
            2. Brad McCaslin- former assistant coach at University of Nebraska-Omaha

Comment

This would be a HUGE blessing for the Jacks if he got this job. No more pointless motioning of players, no more double reverse WR passes INTO a 20 MPH wind, no more dive, dive, play action pass on 3rd and long. Obviously not a fan, don't let the door hit ya on the way out....

Comment

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post
                This would be a HUGE blessing for the Jacks if he got this job. No more pointless motioning of players, no more double reverse WR passes INTO a 20 MPH wind, no more dive, dive, play action pass on 3rd and long. Obviously not a fan, don't let the door hit ya on the way out....
                Vicious analysis. Please be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post
                  I know he has also been a big part of a lot of the recruits we have had that have been some stand out players. His offensive lines have been putting out potential NFL linemen almost every year. I think he just got over his head with the play calling.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

So here's a different take on this....if Meadows is NOT the first choice for this job and does NOT remove himself from consideration, what does that say about our Associate Head Coach? If he's not HC material at SDSM&T then I'm assuming he's not HC material at any school at any level and if that's the case do we have an issue with him at the level he's at? If others don't see him as a program leader, then what does the leader at SDSU see in him in terms of leading the segments of our program that he does?

Good luck to Luke. I'm hoping he gets his head coaching opportunity sooner than later, preferrably sooner, much sooner, like have they hired him yet sooner.
                    I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                      I know he has also been a big part of a lot of the recruits we have had that have been some stand out players. His offensive lines have been putting out potential NFL linemen almost every year. I think he just got over his head with the play calling.
                      Pretty good assessment here.

Coach Meadows has done a lot of good things for this program, he just wasn't that great at calling plays imo (and the mass o-line switches were perplexing, but I don't recall him doing that till this year). Sadly, I don't see Meadows being relieved of his play calling duties without him leaving the program entirely.

I watched the replay of his interview with SDSM&T and actually thought he did a pretty good job. It wouldn't surprise me if he becomes a better head coach than he was a coordinator, as being good/bad at one doesn't necessary mean the same for the other.
                      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                      - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post

Kearney is leaving, Chadron needs a travel partner. Bringing on both BHSU and Mines was not necessary. Only one was needed, they chose the better of the two.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
                          So here's a different take on this....if Meadows is NOT the first choice for this job and does NOT remove himself from consideration, what does that say about our Associate Head Coach? If he's not HC material at SDSM&T then I'm assuming he's not HC material at any school at any level and if that's the case do we have an issue with him at the level he's at? If others don't see him as a program leader, then what does the leader at SDSU see in him in terms of leading the segments of our program that he does?

Good luck to Luke. I'm hoping he gets his head coaching opportunity sooner than later, preferrably sooner, much sooner, like have they hired him yet sooner.
                          I agree with what you are saying. Except that I could see SDSM&T taking a coach with experience at the School of Mines, just because its the School of Mines. Academics are pretty big deal, things are different there, I just could see them taking a guy who has been there before.

And lets be honest, if he removes his name from consideration it was because he didn't feel great with his chances of getting the job. It always urks me when someone says they removed their name from consideration. Generally that means one of two things, they either got their raise where they were at they were asking for, or they didn't feel great about getting the job. Especially if you are a finalist.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                            I agree with what you are saying. Except that I could see SDSM&T taking a coach with experience at the School of Mines, just because its the School of Mines. Academics are pretty big deal, things are different there, I just could see them taking a guy who has been there before.

And lets be honest, if he removes his name from consideration it was because he didn't feel great with his chances of getting the job. It always urks me when someone says they removed their name from consideration. Generally that means one of two things, they either got their raise where they were at they were asking for, or they didn't feel great about getting the job. Especially if you are a finalist.
                            There is at least one other possibility: The job wasn't a good fit. That could mean, for example, that the institution wasn't prepared to invest the resources that would be needed to improve things. It's actually a very common reason for people to withdraw from academic searches. I assume that it's also a possibility in coaching searches.
                            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

He probably also see he might have reached as far has he possibly could here. Cant fault a guy who wants to be a head coach. He porbably knows that if stig retires, we would probably go out side of program to get the next head coach,. He could be considered but probably would look for someone with head coaching experience at this level. Probably would be good for them as they go to D-2.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                              X