Pujols

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pujols

The tag line for the pro sports section is pretty accurate. Pujols jumps ship and goes to the Angels for 250,000,000 for 10 years. That is a lot of wing wangs. I wonder if it will tarnish his legacy any? Now I dont think he will rival stan the man in St louis anymore.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Re: Pujols

Not sure that's a wise investment for a 31 year-old whose stats have declined each of the last 3 years.

Comment

Trash his legacy? He's still one of the best of all time, not matter where he plays. He got paid, good for him. And no one can say he is all about money either, because from everything I've heard, the Marlins deal would have been worth more money after taxes.
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
        Trash his legacy? He's still one of the best of all time, not matter where he plays. He got paid, good for him. And no one can say he is all about money either, because from everything I've heard, the Marlins deal would have been worth more money after taxes.
        But they wouldnt give him a no trade clause. That was a huge deal breaker for him. I think having the ability for DH as he gets older probably will help. As a cardinals fan I would have offered this same deal, structure it to pay like 30 mil a year to start and as he gets old cut down to like 15 mil his last few years. The cardinals have underpaid him for most of a decade already, if they wanted to keep him I think they could have justifed paying him more, just consider it a form of back pay. I think it will hurt his legacy if he doesnt continue to perform at the same level. he has been great but in a new city they might not be as friendly to him if his numbers stay close to where they were this year. well below his career avgs. If he doesnt play up to his standards, I think it will affect how people view him atleast in the near future.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

A quarter of a BILLION dollars.

Asinine. Absolutely asinine.
          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Here's how asinine 256 MILLION dollars in 10 years is..if the average american makes 40,000 dollars a year, it will take you 6,400 years to make 256 MILLION.
            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

I dont blame him, most of us probably would too. I just think Cardinals fans would have stayed with him the whole career if his numbers started to decline they wouldnt get mad. Honestly in a pitchers park and his numbers were not as good the last couple years, it could affects his career numbers and Angel fans might get a little bothered by the 25 million a year if he only hits .290 and 30+ homers a year. Those are not bad numbers, but not 25 million a year numbers to a new team, they might expect more.

Comment

Its over 150,000 every game.

Comment

No question the best player in baseball right now but........

10 years for someone almost 32 years old? Hopefully he finds some of that magiacal stuff Bonds did late in his career. Probably has a good source in his former hitting coach.......

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                    No question the best player in baseball right now but........
                    Signed, 3 years ago?

Comment

Signed, 3 years ago?
                      Not sure what you are saying, but I can guess you are saying he may be worth the money if he was signed three years ago?????

He probably would have been worth it then. Can't see paying a guy that kind of cash into his 40's.

Ask the Rangers how the A-rod deal worked out for them....and A-rod was way younger.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                        Not sure what you are saying, but I can guess you are saying he may be worth the money if he was signed three years ago?????

He probably would have been worth it then. Can't see paying a guy that kind of cash into his 40's.

Ask the Rangers how the A-rod deal worked out for them....and A-rod was way younger.
                        I'm saying that he was the best player in the game 3 years ago but to say that he is no question the best player today is ridiculous.

Comment

I'm saying that he was the best player in the game 3 years ago but to say that he is no question the best player today is ridiculous.
                          Thats why I find it odd that another team would pay so much when no other team has anything vested in him. He has been a great player, cant argue that, but your paying him for what he did, hoping he can still perform with those numbers. His career numbers are some of the best ever, he did something in the world series that only reggie jackson and babe ruth have ever done. 1 ROY 3MVP 2WS. not a bad 10 year streach. now for 10 mil more a year then what he was getting in STL, will be be able to live up to the expectation and more? It will be hard for sure. If he fails to people will not be very understanding of this deal. However because the cardinals have been his home and they were vested in him, they would be willing IMO to take a chance and pay him more, and if he struggles as he gets older, they would over look it because of what he did earier for the orginazation. But thats just me.

Comment

Well when you're 40, you're skills dramatically decrease. Think what it's going to be like when he's 50 and at the end of his contract with the Angels.

Comment

Pujols will be age 41 when his contract with the Angels ends.
                              You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Working...
                              X