Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stu's hate for state continues

Stu tweeted yesterday:

"Newest rationalization for SDSU men's basketball team: Sure, we lost to Minnesota/Georgia/Nebraska, but we didnt play well when we lost!"

Re: Stu's hate for state continues

I refuse to rent space in my mind to Stu Whitney sports editor of South Dakota's leading newspaper the Argus Leader.

Comment

Largest newspaper certainly. Leading newspaper, perhaps argueable.
      You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

You see to me, this says more about Stu... a supposed "journalist" than anything else. It doesn't matter what he writes.
        He goes out of his way to make disparaging remarks, even on twitter.

Stu, I know you come here and read... state's improvement must really be getting to you. So sorry.

Comment

He's a ****ing idiot and not even a good writer. I mean, that tweet came from a man responsible for gems like this: "I'm thankful for people who don't ask me what I'm thankful for." Good one, Stu. I think he forgot to hashtag #ImADouche.

I don't want to attack him personally, so I'll refrain from mentioning his weight and how ugly he his. If I looked like that, I certainly would think about changing my Twitter picture.
          Originally posted by JackFan96
          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

He is the reason I love hating michagin state.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
              I refuse to rent space in my mind to Stu Whitney....
              Stu apparently thrives on reactions...don't feed the twitter troll.

Real fast pie time on this one....I suggest rent a clown, equip the clown with a shaving-cream pie, clown finds Stu the clown, and tosses pie in face. End of story.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                He's a ****ing idiot and not even a good writer. I mean, that tweet came from a man responsible for gems like this: "I'm thankful for people who don't ask me what I'm thankful for." Good one, Stu. I think he forgot to hashtag #ImADouche.

I don't want to attack him personally, so I'll refrain from mentioning his weight and how ugly he his. If I looked like that, I certainly would think about changing my Twitter picture.
                This x100000000
                "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                  Stu tweeted yesterday:

"Newest rationalization for SDSU men's basketball team: Sure, we lost to Minnesota/Georgia/Nebraska, but we didnt play well when we lost!"
                  The real question is: Why are you following him on twitter. I wouldn't follow him to pick up a free $100 bill.
                  With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                    The real question is: Why are you following him on twitter. I wouldn't follow him to pick up a free $100 bill.
                    Cause i want to?

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                      Cause i want to?
                      Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

In defense of Stu (did I just write that?) what matters to me is not what's on his Twitter feed, but what goes in the paper and the Web site. SDSU fans can't complain much, given that we have Terry Vandrovec covering our teams pretty much full time. Terry is a 24-hour-a-day multimedia news gathering machine. And Stu is his boss... meaning he has a say in Terry's assignments.

It is always worth remembering when it comes to media, you need to take the bad with the good. I think by and large the Argus does a really nice job covering SDSU athletics.
                        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                          In defense of Stu (did I just write that?) what matters to me is not what's on his Twitter feed, but what goes in the paper and the Web site. SDSU fans can't complain much, given that we have Terry Vandrovec covering our teams pretty much full time. Terry is a 24-hour-a-day multimedia news gathering machine. And Stu is his boss... meaning he has a say in Terry's assignments.

It is always worth remembering when it comes to media, you need to take the bad with the good. I think by and large the Argus does a really nice job covering SDSU athletics.
                          Nonsense. As a SDSU fan,I'll complain when Stu acts like a azz. Stu doesn't get a pass just because Terry does a good job covering the Jacks. I'm assuming he "allows" Terry to give us great coverage because it sells papers.

Comment

You're certainly entitled to your opinion. I guess you know a lot more about the newspaper business than I do.
                            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post

I agree that there is a major difference between his Twitter account and what goes in the paper. One thing I will say though, is that by putting it on Twitter he is opening himself up for criticism and commentary. (Which, of course, is most likely his motive.)

I get satisfaction out of calling him an ass, because he is an ass. He is also a hack-y and clichéd writer, which is probably more damning. I could tolerate him being a jackass if he actually wrote well, but when I read his writing it just feels . . . old. Maybe the stuff he writes was cutting edge and clever in the '90s, but with so much more good journalism available to anyone, his stuff doesn't stack up. Before, someone from South Dakota would not have read a writer like Joe Posnanski. But with so many good journalists posting their stuff online, it is available for everyone. Terry's stuff stacks up and Stu's doesn't, which is why he resorts to potshots. He is a sub-par jackass.
                              Originally posted by JackFan96
                              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Working...
                              X