MLB realignment????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLB realignment????

I see that Major League Baseball is reportedly considering a change in the number of American and National League teams:

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/M...-League-111611

If they force a National League team to become an American League team, each league would have 15 members and each of the six divisions would have five teams. It would also mean that with an odd number of teams in each league that there is no way to have every team playing baseball on a given day without interleague play. Since nobody ever has a Saturday or Sunday off (except for rain cancellations), does that mean that MLB intends to have continuous interleage play?
    Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Re: MLB realignment????

i would think so. what do you think about interleague?
    Great moments are born from great opportunities.
    ---Herb Brooks

Comment

I enjoy interleague games. I would make one big change. If the rules are to be different in the two leagues regarding the designated hitter, I would make the visiting team's rules apply. That way, when an NL team plays at Target Field, the fans get to see a game played by NL rules. It think that seeing how the other half lives would increase interest and sell more tickets. After all, isn't ticket sales what really drives the game!
      Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
        I enjoy interleague games. I would make one big change. If the rules are to be different in the two leagues regarding the designated hitter, I would make the visiting team's rules apply. That way, when an NL team plays at Target Field, the fans get to see a game played by NL rules. It think that seeing how the other half lives would increase interest and sell more tickets. After all, isn't ticket sales what really drives the game!

I've never heard of anyone point this out, but I completely agree. That would be pretty cool.
        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

It most likely will be houston going to the AL west. I like interleague. Its a cgabge of pace and get to see match ups and players you normally don't get. I always thought it was wierd the AL west had 4 teams and the NL crntral with 6.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I can understand that....but I like the way it is. The rules are that during interleague, you play by the home team's rules...right? I kind of like it that way.
            ---Herb Brooks

Comment

As expected, Houston will be an AL team in 2013. Balances out the leagues and takes advantage of the natural rivalry with the Rangers. Sounds like another wild card will be awarded this coming year. Single game playoff between the wild card teams.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

no biggie. and who doesn't love rivalry? :P
                ---Herb Brooks

Comment

Working...
                X