Big Win for USD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Win for USD

I see The Yotes got a big 48-14 win over hated Missouri S&T. What does S&T stand for anyway - Smoke a Turkey ? (Thanksgiving is just around the corner !)

Re: Big Win for USD

That's the old Missouri-Rolla, a good engineering school. I remember the Jacks playing Rolla for Hobo Day in the early 70s.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
      I see The Yotes got a big 48-14 win over hated Missouri S&T. What does S&T stand for anyway - Smoke a Turkey ? (Thanksgiving is just around the corner !)
      Show up and Take your payday. They're a middlin' D-II team

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
        Hey lay off the 'Yotes, they had a moral victory over the Cornhuskers in MBB last night.
        LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Now if their hockey team could just be the Jackrabbits. I think I read in the Register yesterday that the Jacks have won 14 straight over the yotes. Does that make up for the VB teams sweep?
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
            Hey lay off the 'Yotes, they had a moral victory over the Cornhuskers in MBB last night.
            Hey, lay off the Coyotes, they had an easy win over SDSU in volleyball last night.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
              Hey, lay off the Coyotes, they had an easy win over SDSU in volleyball last night.
              Let's focus back on on the topic, which was USD football.

SDSU D1 road wins this year.....three

USD D1 road wins since starting the transition......two

It will be interesting to watch the Coyotes meltdown next year when the play a full D1 schedule.
              LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                which, in fairness, was on the road, so it . . . um . . . er . . . how does that go again?
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

It will be interesting to watch the Coyotes meltdown next year when the play a full D1 schedule.[/QUOTE]

Is it counted as a meltdown if their cupboard is bare for players. I think it would have been interesting to see this years team play in the MVFC. I don't think they will win more than 2 conference games next year.
                  Will they still play 2 money games? I really don't think it will matter much because of all the players they lose but they could have a record of 2-9 or so if they do.

I know this is smack but it looks like this could happen with more of their teams. They can't play in the Summit League Tournament until next year and they will lose some really experienced players after this year. The women will lose Boss, Hegge and Roache and the men will lose Westbrook, Krogman and Andretti. I guess everybody loses players but this could hurt them in all sports.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                    It will be interesting to watch the Coyotes meltdown next year when the play a full D1 schedule.
                    Is it counted as a meltdown if their cupboard is bare for players. I think it would have been interesting to see this years team play in the MVFC. I don't think they will win more than 2 conference games next year.
                    Will they still play 2 money games? I really don't think it will matter much because of all the players they lose but they could have a record of 2-9 or so if they do.

I know this is smack but it looks like this could happen with more of their teams. They can't play in the Summit League Tournament until next year and they will lose some really experienced players after this year. The women will lose Boss, Hegge and Roache and the men will lose Westbrook, Krogman and Andretti. I guess everybody loses players but this could hurt them in all sports.[/QUOTE]

We play Northwestern (FBS). We have Colgate (FCS) at home and 8 MVFC conference games. I believe they are close to another FCS at home game. That would be the schedule unless of course next year is a 12 game year. My understanding is that going forward we will not be playing 2 FBS games a year. Of course that could change given change in budget.
                    Southern Pecan

2001 Nissan Exterra....no A/C and north of 120k

Comment

Originally posted by joeybrownerHOF View Post
                      We play Northwestern (FBS). We have Colgate (FCS) at home and 8 MVFC conference games. I believe they are close to another FCS at home game. That would be the schedule unless of course next year is a 12 game year. My understanding is that going forward we will not be playing 2 FBS games a year. Of course that could change given change in budget.
                      Colgate is a good home game... and as we have seen, it isn't easy to get two good home FCS non-conference games.
                      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                        Colgate is a good home game... and as we have seen, it isn't easy to get two good home FCS non-conference games.
                        Yes. It would be nice to get said home game but if it happens I would think it is the exception not the rule going forward. I look forward to finally being in a conference that takes care of 8 games on the schedule. Also nice that the 4 conference home games will be against strong competition.
                        Southern Pecan

2001 Nissan Exterra....no A/C and north of 120k

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                          That's the old Missouri-Rolla, a good engineering school. I remember the Jacks playing Rolla for Hobo Day in the early 70s.
                          Hate to be a "stickler" - but we beat Missouri Rolla 64-28 in the 2005/2006 season. The same season we beat Valpo 69-6. What I remember most about that season was a 7-0 loss to Montana (AT Montana of course. I believe THAT was the 1st year of a home and HOME that they 'grizzled' their way out of. I may be wrong.)

Comment

Originally posted by MaddogJack View Post
                            Hate to be a "stickler" - but we beat Missouri Rolla 64-28 in the 2005/2006 season. The same season we beat Valpo 69-6. What I remember most about that season was a 7-0 loss to Montana (AT Montana of course. I believe THAT was the 1st year of a home and HOME that they 'grizzled' their way out of. I may be wrong.)
                            As an aside, I'd take pounding Valpo 69-6 every year because its a counter toward the golden number for playoff eligibility and it gets younger players time so they can develop in game situations and keeps the starters on the sideline resting rather than playing hard for four quarters. The season is long.

Now lets go schedule an easy home for that open date next year.
                            "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                            "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by MaddogJack View Post
                              Jacks beat Missouri-Rolla 49-0 in 1972. For various odd reasons, I remember the game (it was the 2nd SDSU football game I attended).

Comment

Working...
                              X