Season Over: Oakland 1, SDSU 0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Season Over: Oakland 1, SDSU 0

SDSU's season ends at Oakland in the semi-finals of the conference championship, 1-0.

Well, at least we claimed the regular-season conference title and get to host next year.

(Does the team have a post-season party when a premature party may have prompted the post-season to arrive early?)

Re: Season Over: Oakland 1, SDSU 0

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    (Does the team have a post-season party when a premature party may have prompted the post-season to arrive early?)
    Good question. I do not have answer. It's the kind of thing that make coachs look for other work such as insurance or maybe law?

Comment

Any idea who was suspended?
      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
        Any idea who was suspended?
        I noted this in The Brookings Register Here is the link: The question remains can we draw a line to connect the dots? No names given but a bunch of young and dumb bunnies got caught drinking. Of course I was never young. I been old and crabby all my life.

http://www.brookingsregister.com/v2_...=12652&page=78

This quote from the article might be a clue:
        Once inside, the officers located and wrote citations to the underage drinkers – some were hiding.

If I had a scholarship to loose, I would hide too.
        Last edited by Nidaros; 11-06-2011, 07:30 AM.

Comment

Losing a scholarship would not be a good response to the infraction. IMO, the lost opportunity to compete in the tournement is harsh enough to get the student's attention.
          You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
            Losing a scholarship would not be a good response to the infraction. IMO, the lost opportunity to compete in the tournement is harsh enough to get the student's attention.
            I would hope one bad choice would not be a loss of hard earned scholarship, it appears some sort of bad choice has happened in order to earn the suspensions. Groups of suspensions and a busted house party seem to go together, although, in this case, the connection has not been made. It had to be a serious matter, and maybe at this point it really does not matter. Our season ended yesterday. These young ladies will have an off season to think about one bad choice and I am sure they will. I suspect there are some remorseful athletes and parents.

Comment

Not to mention getting tagged by your teammates and campus peers with blame/responsibility for blowing up an excellent chance to make it to the NCAA tournament . . . I would think that the transgressors will get plenty of peer-delivered punishment.

If I were the coach, (and I had not had previous issues with the players) I'd also tell them "one more problem, and I WILL pull your scholarship. It's time to grow up. If you can't do that, you can't play here." If on the other hand I had already had this conversation with somebody who subsequently went out and was stupid, I would pull the scholarship without hesitation.

What people never understand soon enough is that life doesn't have do-overs--not really. You only get one shot to make each decision you make. Wrong decisions stay wrong forever, no matter how much you might want to make them go away. You can sometimes make up for them, sometimes fix what you broke, and and maybe eventually move beyond them, but you can never completely erase the effects of an error in judgment. That's Never with a capital N. And Never can be a really, really, really long time.

Important life lesson (hopefully) learned: actions have consequences, even for 20-year-olds who think they're invincible and completely on top of their world. Some of them figure it out themselves, and unfortunately there are those that need to get whacked by The Great 2X4 Of Life Upside The Head (sometimes repeatedly) before it starts sinking in.
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                What people never understand soon enough is that life doesn't have do-overs--not really. You only get one shot to make each decision you make. Wrong decisions stay wrong forever, no matter how much you might want to make them go away. You can sometimes make up for them, sometimes fix what you broke, and and maybe eventually move beyond them, but you can never completely erase the effects of an error in judgment. That's Never with a capital N. And Never can be a really, really, really long time.

Important life lesson (hopefully) learned: actions have consequences, even for 20-year-olds who think they're invincible and completely on top of their world. Some of them figure it out themselves, and unfortunately there are those that need to get whacked by The Great 2X4 Of Life Upside The Head (sometimes repeatedly) before it starts sinking in.
                ^^Much truth in that. This is something I strived (so far, and happily, with success) to get my son to learn.
                You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

The thing that should bother those who were suspended is not the fact that they lost the opportunity to compete in the tournament but the fact that they likely denied a large group of senior players a chance that they can never get back, to play in the NCAA tournament.

Comment

Did we ever find out who was suspended?
                    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Not going to post names because nothing is official but I believe if one looks at the season stats on GoJacks and compares it to the people who played in the first tournament game it isn't too difficult to figure it out.

Comment

Originally posted by 76Rabbit View Post
                        Not going to post names because nothing is official but I believe if one looks at the season stats on GoJacks and compares it to the people who played in the first tournament game it isn't too difficult to figure it out.
                        Not going to name names either 76, but a few comments on the effect. As best I can figure, three starters (the starting lineup occasionally changed) from the previous few games, did not play. It is not too hard to believe that didn't put a huge crimp in our capabilities. Of the five who have seen action recently (starters or subs), and did not play, four were sophomores and one freshman. There was no off-campus house party involved, but partying apparently was a problem. Nuff said. There were seven seniors on the starting team, and three had been substitutes. Too say they were probably furious, is probably an understatement.

Comment

Wow, were you ever on a team...I apologize, but that may be the dumbest comment I've read, how do you replace the possibility for the girls to make the NCAA's....that is an experience that they can never have again...unlike a miller lite.
                          Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
                          Muhammad Ali

Comment

Originally posted by rational thought View Post
                            Wow, were you ever on a team...I apologize, but that may be the dumbest comment I've read, how do you replace the possibility for the girls to make the NCAA's....that is an experience that they can never have again...unlike a miller lite.
                            Huh?
                            Originally posted by JackFan96
                            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                              Huh?
                              Yeah what RO said. Huh? So I am not the only one who reread the post and still thought, what now?
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                              X