Sumner -- national recognition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sumner -- national recognition

Austin Sumner was named National Freshman of the Week in FCS by The Sporting News. This guy's the real deal and by all rights, Hobo Day should be a standing-room-only crowd just to watch Sumner --he's positioned to be one of the best ever. Anywhere.

Link to GoJacks.com: http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...B_OEM_ID=15000

Re: Sumner -- national recognition

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    Austin Sumner was named National Freshman of the Week in FCS by The Sporting News. This guy's the real deal and by all rights, Hobo Day should be a standing-room-only crowd just to watch Sumner --he's positioned to be one of the best ever. Anywhere.

Link to GoJacks.com: http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...B_OEM_ID=15000
    Austin is no doubt deserving but I keep wondering was Missouri State very vulnerable to the long pass or is our offense really starting to click. Could we keep Moss around another year?

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
      Austin is no doubt deserving but I keep wondering was Missouri State very vulnerable to the long pass or is our offense really starting to click. Could we keep Moss around another year?
      He definitely looked good at Missouri State BUT they are ranked last in the MVFC in pass defense.

Comment

True. But it's not like he just started performing against MSU. He is the top passer in an excellent conference... 1850 yards, 11 TDs vs. 6 picks and is completing 62 percent of his passes. Most of that yardage and all of the TDs have come in the 6 games he has started. Take away those two games where he hardly played, and he's averaging nearly 300 yards and nearly 2 TDs per game. That's just phenomenal for a freshman. The sky is the limit for this young man.

Ryan Berry is the career passing yardage leader, 6,023 yards. If he stays healthy, Sumner will rewrite the record books. He's going to be fun to watch... for three more years.
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Makes me wonder how bad sumner looked in practice that he was probably not going to see the field if tob stayed on the team. Watching him I get that tingly feeling. You know like the one when you climb the rope in gym class. Just like watching berry as qb.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Sumner named Freshmen of the year in MVC. Congrats Austin.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
              Watching him I get that tingly feeling. You know like the one when you climb the rope in gym class.
              I don't know how I missed this post....

That's right up there with the oddest posts I've ever seen on this board!

Congrats Sumner!
              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                I don't know how I missed this post....

That's right up there with the oddest posts I've ever seen on this board!

Congrats Sumner!
                If I'm correct, believe it was said by Garth from Wayne's World.
                Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Yes it was. And yes odd.
                  You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by bub94 View Post
                    If I'm correct, believe it was said by Garth from Wayne's World.
                    Also geese honk and ducks quack.

Comment

Goon has developed a man-crush on Sumner. So if you see a guy at next year's games frantically waving from the bottom of the stands leaning over the iron railing "Austin..Austin....Hi Austin! Hi Austin! Hey..Hey Austin! It's me! Hi Austin! It's me!" It's probably Goon.
                      With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Good for Austin.

Also, thank goodness for Coach Meadows coaching him up!
                        Originally posted by JackFan96
                        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                          Goon has developed a man-crush on Sumner. So if you see a guy at next year's games frantically waving from the bottom of the stands leaning over the iron railing "Austin..Austin....Hi Austin! Hi Austin! Hey..Hey Austin! It's me! Hi Austin! It's me!" It's probably Goon.
                          You make it sound like a bad thing. I'm probably not the only one either.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Dont know if anybody has heard but Austin Sumner was 1 of 20 finalists for the Jerry Rice Award. Award will be anounced Jan. 6
                            "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Would be interesting to see Sumner get a national award without making all-conference.
                              You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Working...
                              X