Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• world series

Game 6 best game ever. Period.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Re: world series

Originally posted by goon View Post
    Game 6 best game ever. Period.
    Absolutely NOT. Was it a good game? Yes. Best game ever? No, hell it's not even the best game 6 ever. The dramatic finish will overshadow how sloppy of a baseball game it was earlier. Five errors in game 6 of the world series is not good, at all. I will argue this until I'm blue in the face.

I'll talk the 91 game 6 over this one (not as sloppy, still dramatic finish). Game 7 of the 91 series is the best world series game ever.

Also, Joe Buck, go F yourself for stealing your dad's line.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
      Absolutely NOT. Was it a good game? Yes. Best game ever? No, hell it's not even the best game 6 ever. The dramatic finish will overshadow how sloppy of a baseball game it was earlier. Five errors in game 6 of the world series is not good, at all. I will argue this until I'm blue in the face.

I'll talk the 91 game 6 over this one (not as sloppy, still dramatic finish). Game 7 of the 91 series is the best world series game ever.

I doubt too many, other than twin fans, are going to agree with you. Hard to say that a 1-0 game is more exciting than an 10-9 game where the home team came back with 2 in the 9th to tie it and two in the 10th to tie it, then its a walk off in the 11th. i realize 87 and 91 are all twin fans have to cheer about but COME ON MAN. I hope Chris Carter didnt mind me steeling his line. : )
      Last edited by mitchellrabbit; 10-28-2011, 03:55 AM.

Comment

In their "World Series 100th Anniversary" countdown, ESPN selected the 1991 World Series as the "Greatest of All Time",[1] with five of its games being decided by a single run, four games decided in the final at-bat and three games going into extra innings.- wikipedia.

http://tripleinthegap.wordpress.com/...d-series-ever/

http://www.hardballtimes.com/main/ar...me-sixes-ever/ rates Twins-Braves as number 5

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
          In their "World Series 100th Anniversary" countdown, ESPN selected the 1991 World Series as the "Greatest of All Time",[1] with five of its games being decided by a single run, four games decided in the final at-bat and three games going into extra innings.- wikipedia.

http://tripleinthegap.wordpress.com/...d-series-ever/

http://www.hardballtimes.com/main/ar...me-sixes-ever/ rates Twins-Braves as number 5
          I wont disagree that it was the best world series of all time. Doesnt mean game 6 or game 7 of that world series was better than the game last night.

Comment

I've been a Cardinals fan since birth...my whole family cheer for the Cardinals. Twice last night I thought it was all over. What a game. As previously mentioned, the errors were horrible...but it just added to the an exciting game with ups and downs for both sides. Tonight can't come soon enough.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
              Really? I would say it's a great way to show respect to his dad. I can imagine that after he said it he reflected on memories he has of his dad....if you didn't notice there was a long silence after he said it. 20 years later and Jack's son gets to use that same line in an absolutely amazing baseball game. Best ever? Maybe....maybe not, forever is a long time, and well I assume you haven't seen every World Series game.

You obviously have a problem with Joe Buck, but to say that is a dick move. It's his FATHER for God's sake.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                Really? I would say it's a great way to show respect to his dad. I can imagine that after he said it he reflected on memories he has of his dad....if you didn't notice there was a long silence after he said it. 20 years later and Jack's son gets to use that same line in an absolutely amazing baseball game. Best ever? Maybe....maybe not, forever is a long time, and well I assume you haven't seen every World Series game.

You obviously have a problem with Joe Buck, but to say that is a dick move. It's his FATHER for God's sake.
                I have not been much of Cardinal fan since they usually take my Cubs out, even in Chicago, and am vaguely familiar with the late Jack Buck, what exactly did his son say? Cards win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I always love how the last good game is always the best game. I thought it was good, but I'm sure there are just as many that are better or just as good. If you are a cards fan of course it is the best ever!

I think you can tell Joe Buck to go F himself no matter what he does. I don't care if he's feeding homeless people on Thanksgiving, he can go F himself.
                  With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                    I have not been much of Cardinal fan since they usually take my Cubs out, even in Chicago, and am vaguely familiar with the late Jack Buck, what exactly did his son say? Cards win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    In game 6 of 91 WS, when Puckett hit his walk off home run, all Jack Buck said was "We'll see you tomorrow night" which was followed by silence. It's become an iconic call and has been re-played countless times.

After Freese hit his walk-off last night, Joe Buck said the exact same thing. After he said it there was several seconds of silence. Can't help but think he was thinking of his late father during this time. Pretty cool moment if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                      I've been a Cardinals fan since birth...my whole family cheer for the Cardinals. Twice last night I thought it was all over. What a game. As previously mentioned, the errors were horrible...but it just added to the an exciting game with ups and downs for both sides. Tonight can't come soon enough.
                      Same here, I love the cards. I turned the channel for a little bit after texas hit the back to back homers because I figured they would have a hard time coming back again. But i couldnt take not watching so flipped back. 2 be down to your final out with 2 strikes twice and come back and tie it, then the local kid hits the winning homer. It was a sloppy game to start but the end of the game that was legendary. The cards set some new world series records with what they did last night coming back to win. Maybe its just me but when the team looks like its going to lose twice but comes back the way they did against a strong rangers pen, thats pretty awesome.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                        I always love how the last good game is always the best game. I thought it was good, but I'm sure there are just as many that are better or just as good. If you are a cards fan of course it is the best ever!

I think you can tell Joe Buck to go F himself no matter what he does. I don't care if he's feeding homeless people on Thanksgiving, he can go F himself.
                        Yep, because years ago Colburn was the greatest athlete SDSU has ever had. Now its Wolters, and in the future it will be somebody else. Thats the great thing about sports. There will always be a new best ever. Sports would really suck if it never did.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

Dick move? Absolutely not. Joe Buck has been piggybacking off his last name and his dad's legend his whole life and he did it again last. Be original once in your life Joe.

I do have a problem with Joe Buck, it's called him being a terrible, terrible announcer and living off his last name. I'm not the only one that has an issue with him.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                            I doubt too many, other than twin fans, are going to agree with you. Hard to say that a 1-0 game is more exciting than an 10-9 game where the home team came back with 2 in the 9th to tie it and two in the 10th to tie it, then its a walk off in the 11th. i realize 87 and 91 are all twin fans have to cheer about but COME ON MAN. I hope Chris Carter didnt mind me steeling his line. : )
                            I'll take a 1-0 game over last night's slop fest. What, with five errors a runner getting picked off third (WTF is Holliday doing by the way?), intentional walks, dumb pitching moves and whatever else. I may be in the minority here, but I find pitching duals absolutely riveting.

Was it an amazing comeback? Absolutely. I'm not disagreeing with that at all. I just don't think it's the greatest game ever.

Comment

I found last nights game hard to watch. Sloppy play should have no place in the world series and that is what last nights game was, sloppy. Exciting? I suppose but only as a consequence of poor play. I want to see a well played game, score doesn't really matter, in most instances the well played games are low scoring and each team uses only 1 or 2 pitchers. I thought we might see a great series but instead we have seen a couple of great games and some really bad baseball both on the field and in the dugout.

Hoping for a much better played game tonight, if not, I'll probably turn the channel.
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                              X