Title on Line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Title on Line

A lot is at stake in Saturday's SDSU v NDSU soccer match at Fischback. TV sums it up in the Argus here: http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...ws|text|Sports

Re: Title on Line

A 0-0 tie wouldn't surprise me. (which would cause a shared title, but give NDSU the top seed and next year's tourney).

Comment

That's my one complaint about soccer: can end in a tie. Seems un-American!

Let's hope there is no tie so one team or the other has some bragging rights.

Comment

http://www.inforum.com/event/article.../group/Sports/

Comment

So, the winner gets the #4 seed on their home field. I think we should leave the conference because the tournament selection is obviously unfair.
          "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
          -Leo Rosten

Comment

On paper,the #4 seed isn't as good of a team as the #3 or #2, but yes, that's not a good scenario.

Comment

Kelsey Ferguson scored in the 22nd minute, Jacks up 1-0

Comment

updates appreciated.

Comment

Turned on the video when I got home. It appears the Jacks won 3-1. No audio and I only saw a few minutes.
                  An ardent supporter of the hometown team should go to a game prepared to take offense, no matter what happens.Robert Benchley
                  US actor, author, & humorist (1889 - 1945)

Comment

Excellant. I think we should keep funding those young ladies.
                    You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Jacks win and play Oakland.

Comment

It was an awesome game. The girls played great and were in control for most of the game. A lot of fun to watch and the crowd was really into it.
                        Originally posted by JackFan96
                        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

RO, how large was the crowd? Do these games draw as much as VB, Baseball and Wrestling? Just curious.
                          You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
                            RO, how large was the crowd? Do these games draw as much as VB, Baseball and Wrestling? Just curious.
                            I'm not sure how much the bleachers hold but they were completely full and there were people lined up on the fence down the whole way. I'd say around 500 but I'm a poor judge of numbers. NDSU brought a decent group of fans but it was 80/20 SDSU.
                            Originally posted by JackFan96
                            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Well I was raised in a town of about 500 so to me that is not bad attendance for one of the nonrevenue sports. Good to hear.

Comment

Working...
                              X