Missouri State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missouri State

Next, 'da Bears from Missouri State at Springfield, MO. Game-day weather: 62, Sunny. 2:00 game. TV: KDLT, Sioux Falls.

Coach Terry Allen (6th season) started the year with a lot of optimism. The Bears lost a number of seniors from a team that tied for third in the Valley but there were some who predicted the defense would be stout with a defensive backfield that was expected to be one of the best in FCS. Their season, however, has been a real struggle. In some respects, they've had trouble not unlike the Jackrabbits. They played closely for much of a game and then it got away from them.

Here's the season record so far for the Bears:
    At Arkansas (L), 51-7
    At Eastern Kentucky (L) 28-24
    At Oregon (L) 56-7
    At Southern Illinois (L) 20-18.
    UNI (L) 42-7
    Illinois State (L) 38-13
    at NDSU (L) 51-21
    at Western Illinois (W) 31-17
    Remaining:
    Host SDSU
    Host Indiana State
    at Youngstown

Home field: Plaster Sports Complex (1996; field turf in 2006; new scoreboard in '08), 16,600 stated capacity.

Official athletics site: http://www.missouristatebears.com/sports/m-footbl/mosu-m-footbl-body.html

Re: Missouri State

Will be there to root on the Jacks!! Assuming our presence will result in a much-needed win (otherwise, I assume my better-half will beat on me for insisting we make the trip).

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
      Will be there to root on the Jacks!! Assuming our presence will result in a much-needed win (otherwise, I assume my better-half will beat on me for insisting we make the trip).
      Have fun, I wish I could make it but got other commitments. Lets hope we can win. Our chances are better than they were for the past two weeks.

Comment

Saturday's game in Springfield is Missouri State's homecoming. A couple of the game-day notes from the Bears' website:

Since 1967, the Bears are 23-21 on Homecoming, including a 15-14 mark in the Division I era and 3-2 record under head coach Terry Allen. The Bears have won three of their last four homecoming tilts and have never played SDSU on homecomng. MSU homecoming dates back to 1921.

In the only previous meeting between the Bears and Jackrabbits at Plaster Field (Oct. 10, 2009), Cody Kirby finished 29-for-46 for 288 yards and drove the Bears all the way to the SDSU six-yard line in the final seconds for the potential game-tying score. Key completions to Cadarrius Dotson and Jermaine Saffold on the series gave MSU a chance against the No. 19 visitors, but Kirby was picked off by General Parnell, Parnell's second pick of the day, to spoil the comeback attempt by the Bears in a 24-17 defeat. Missouri State outgained South Dakota State by a 404 to 344 margin on the afternoon.

Let's balance the D-1 era homecoming record at 15-15 and Coach Allen's homecoming record at 3-3. Go Jacks!

Comment

I will be watching this one on the big screen in the basement on KDLT. Go Jacks

Comment

I will be disapointed if we dont win 2 of the next 3 games. Surprised no, but I want to see how this team finishes. I want that good effort and I would expect nothing less.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Jacks need to win the next 3 games. No reason they lose one even on the road. 1-0 the rest of the season.

Comment

We need this one.

Comment

I honestly have no idea what to expect from the Bears. I know nothing about them. Planning to listen to the game while I get some work done in the yard/garage. I'd like to see a dominate performance by the Jacks but will take a well planned and well executed scheme that results in a competitive game as well.

Great weekend for sports. Game 7 tonight, hunting pheasants in the morning, college FB tomorrow and the NFL Sunday.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

http://www.archive.org/details/CoachStigShowOct.26th2011S2e9

- SDSU head football coach John Stiegelmeier joins the Sports Block with Travis and Charlie to review the Jacks 38-14 loss vs. North Dakota State and preview this weeks game at Missouri State. Live answering students questions in the Union. ksdjradio.com and 90.7 FM in the Brookings, SD area
                    Sports Lounge TV Show: http://www.youtube.com/user/tlk23?feature=mhee
                    Sports Block Radio Show: http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=subject%3A"Sports+Block"

Comment

The State of Missouri will probably be a little giddy yet tomorrow after tonight's World Series victory by the Cardinals.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                        The State of Missouri will probably be a little giddy yet tomorrow after tonight's World Series victory by the Cardinals.
                        Lets hope so.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                          The Yankees didn't win the World Series????????
                          When you put on that jersey, the name on the front is more important than the name on the back.

Comment

Originally posted by 67jack View Post
                            The Yankees didn't win the World Series????????
                            Aw RiP Van Winkle just woke up.

Comment

I think this is a good opportunity for the SDSU team to show some heart and put out a good game after a few dissapointing weeks. We know this team has talent, it is just a matter of executing. I see a 2 TD win for the good guys.
                              You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Working...
                              X