KDLT to broadcast both SDSU & USD games on 10/29/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDLT to broadcast both SDSU & USD games on 10/29/11

The KDLT schedule shows they will be televising the SDSU game at Missouri State in the afternoon & the talk on the Yotes message board is they will also be televising the Yotes game against Cal Poly in the evening.

I have mixed thoughts about televising home games, but definitely appreciate it for the road games.
    USD Fan

Re: KDLT to broadcast both SDSU & USD games on 10/29/11

Is that on KDLT? or Universal Sports?
    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

The SDSU game is on the KDLT (not Universal Sports) schedule. I am assuming the USD game would also be on KDLT, but haven't confirmed.

Also some interesting comments on Matt Zimmer's blog today about more USF & Augie football games on TV than either the Jacks or the Yotes. I have mixed feelings, especially about games broadcast on Midco Sports Net, as to the benefits of televising home games, especially since I live in an area of SD that doesn't have access to Midcontinent Cable.
      USD Fan

Comment

Originally posted by hareball View Post
        The SDSU game is on the KDLT (not Universal Sports) schedule. I am assuming the USD game would also be on KDLT, but haven't confirmed.

Also some interesting comments on Matt Zimmer's blog today about more USF & Augie football games on TV than either the Jacks or the Yotes. I have mixed feelings, especially about games broadcast on Midco Sports Net, as to the benefits of televising home games, especially since I live in an area of SD that doesn't have access to Midcontinent Cable.
        My brief experience, I turned it off and listened to WNAX instead. Just one guys opinion.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I too am a Fan of the WNAX broadcast over the television. but that guy that is helping Tyler... doesn't add much (not that I could do better). Just my option though/

Comment

I'll always take watching over listening. Always.
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
              I too am a Fan of the WNAX broadcast over the television. but that guy that is helping Tyler... doesn't add much (not that I could do better). Just my option though/
              He really does have a nasally, I'm-too-cool-for-the-booth-sound-to-his-voice-I-should-be-down-there-coaching. Everybody knows the best coaches are on the sidelines and on this forum.
              With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Isn't the color guy Mike Struck? In his regular job, he's the Community Development Director for Brookings (economic development). Mike's a Jackrabbit...Huron guy if my memory is working, and a very good defensive back for the Rabbits in the mid-90s.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                  Isn't the color guy Mike Struck? In his regular job, he's the Community Development Director for Brookings (economic development). Mike's a Jackrabbit...Huron guy if my memory is working, and a very good defensive back for the Rabbits in the mid-90s.
                  You are correct. Brother Mark also played at state and was bigger and meaner than Mike. I'd be careful and keep my criticism constructive, if you know what I mean.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

I think Struck does a great job and I have listened to every game via WNAX since moving to Milwaukee 12 years ago. He understands coverages, nuances and knows the game of football. I think he and Tyler make a good team. I've also listened to quite a few of the away team crews and the homerism in most of those crews is amazing (you get the home feed when watching the game on video on away games). They openly root for their team and have a bias when calling the game and analyzing calls. Tyler and Struck don't do that. Struck knows the X's & O's as well as any color guy on TV. Just my opinion.
                    "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
                      I think Struck does a great job and I have listened to every game via WNAX since moving to Milwaukee 12 years ago. He understands coverages, nuances and knows the game of football. I think he and Tyler make a good team. I've also listened to quite a few of the away team crews and the homerism in most of those crews is amazing (you get the home feed when watching the game on video on away games). They openly root for their team and have a bias when calling the game and analyzing calls. Tyler and Struck don't do that. Struck knows the X's & O's as well as any color guy on TV. Just my opinion.
                      I'm with you. His voice quality might not be that of a play-by-play guy but it shouldn't be, he is the color guy. I think he provides a level of insight that can't be obtained by someone who hasn't played the game or who played a long time ago (like you MJA). I hope they keep him around.

Comment

[QUOTE=hareball;186503] I am assuming the USD game would also be on KDLT, but haven't confirmed. [QUOTE]

And not show my beloved IRISH? No way, my friend. KDLT would be asking for a riot if they showed USD vs. Cal Poly over Notre Dame. Across all age groups, I would guess that there are more Notre Dame fans than both USD and SDSU combined in the KDLT viewing area.

That being said, if they wanted to put USD on the SD channel and leave the IRISH on HD, that's fine. Or some alternate channel. There is no way they don't show the IRISH.

I hope I don't eat my shorts with this post.

Comment

It appears both USD & SDSU games are on both the SD & HD channels for KDLT. Game times are SDSU - 2:00, Notre Dame (vs Navy) - 2:30 & USD - 7:00. If the Fighting Irish faithful start a riot it would have to be over the Rabbits game being telecast.
                          USD Fan

Comment

[QUOTE=TK22867;186644][QUOTE=hareball;186503] I am assuming the USD game would also be on KDLT, but haven't confirmed.

And not show my beloved IRISH? No way, my friend. KDLT would be asking for a riot if they showed USD vs. Cal Poly over Notre Dame. Across all age groups, I would guess that there are more Notre Dame fans than both USD and SDSU combined in the KDLT viewing area.

That being said, if they wanted to put USD on the SD channel and leave the IRISH on HD, that's fine. Or some alternate channel. There is no way they don't show the IRISH.

I hope I don't eat my shorts with this post.
                            Frankly I wish they would actually show a good game on there instead of ND everytime. There are a lot of good games that are not on TV everyweek yet the stupid irish are always there. wish they would change it up and show some of the good games that we dont get.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Kudos to KDLT for showing the Jacks game,
                              This space for lease.

Comment

Working...
                              X