This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "And the home of the ____?"

Figured I'd start a thread for everyone that takes exception to any fan base yelling their teams name at the end of the national anthem. This way, every other discussion about the actual game can stay on topic.

Re: "And the home of the ____?"

This stupidity has been going on in North Dakota for decades. I guess we let too many cross the border yesterday.

Comment

I take exception, too many have gave it all for the folks who do this to desecrate their sacrifices.
      Sing the song properly or don't sing at all. Please and thank you!

Comment

This is something as fans we should be able to share and put our differences and rooting interests aside. I find it sad and disrespectful and childish no matter what school does it.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I don' care where you are from, if you respect this country and the people that died to preserve what we have. Then you simply stop doing it just my opinion. To me it's akin to burning the flag, while legally you can do it, you just shouldn't. It is the one low thing I think about NDSU and their program.
          With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

My father fought in Korea and I have the American flag that covered the casket he was buried in. i don't see this as disrespectful to our country, or the men and women that have given their lives to protect it. I have a few friends who are both Bison fans and vets, and none have said they see it as disrespectul when I've asked about it. I don't do it, but don't take offense when others do.

Comment

Originally posted by HandoEX View Post
              My father fought in Korea and I have the American flag that covered the casket he was buried in. i don't see this as disrespectful to our country, or the men and women that have given their lives to protect it. I have a few friends who are both Bison fans and vets, and none have said they see it as disrespectul when I've asked about it. I don't do it, but don't take offense when others do.
              So everything in Bisonville is okay as long as it honors the buffalo. Its amazing how some people will go to lengths to justify their behavior at a game. Maybe the solution is to eliminate the national anthemm, that would take away the opportunity to be disrespectful.

Comment

I dont care for the end of the national anthem chant either but im not going to get bent out of shape over it. Have you heard what happens at some of the pro sporting events during the anthem? The crowds cheers and makes noise the whole time. Not saying its right but the Bison arent the only one doing it. It seems we've run out of things to gripe about our football team and so we have to complain about that.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                  I dont care for the end of the national anthem chant either but im not going to get bent out of shape over it. Have you heard what happens at some of the pro sporting events during the anthem? The crowds cheers and makes noise the whole time. Not saying its right but the Bison arent the only one doing it. It seems we've run out of things to gripe about our football team and so we have to complain about that.
                  This ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Boy, there are bigger issues in this world than one fanbase yelling their name at the end of the national anthem.

In the end a good Bison team went into CAS and beat the Jacks.

Comment

Originally posted by 8>1 View Post
                    Figured I'd start a thread for everyone that takes exception to any fan base yelling their teams name at the end of the national anthem. This way, every other discussion about the actual game can stay on topic.
                    I see, you're a new moderator? I think the moderators of this board will have the final say on what's topical etc. (sheesh...comments about something being on topic from a BV member? We should have a humor section.)

I'm going to close this thread. It's going to smack in a hurry anyway. I think we understand the difference of opinion between some members of the two fan bases.
                    Last edited by JackJD; 10-23-2011, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X