Attendence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attendence

Stig went out of his way in the post conference interview with Tyler to take a shot at the attendence of just over 11,000. I guess when you consider the #2 team in the country is in town you should expect more support regardless of it being the pheasent opener.

Re: Attendence

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    Stig went out of his way in the post conference interview with Tyler to take a shot at the attendence of just over 11,000. I guess when you consider the #2 team in the country is in town you should expect more support regardless of it being the pheasent opener.
    l have a great deal of respect for Stig, but it would have helped to have a winning record going into the UNI game. Maybe a thousand or more fans would have shown up for the game.

Comment

I heard what Stig said and just brushed it off. I think he expects about 14,000 to 15,000 every game. If he doesn't get that many, he's not happy. The team has played better but they are 2-5. Regardless of what anybody says, fans like winners. If SDSU was something like 4-2 or 5-1 going into that game, it would have been packed. SDSU didn't have anywhere near this many fans about 10 years ago. It's just like anything else, you always want more. He wants more fans, fans want more wins, etc...
      You have NDSU and Hobo Day so we'll see how the season ends in attendance figures.

Comment

How about this. Don't schedule a game for the pheasant opener. Every year they schedule a game for the pheasant opener and every year he complains about the attendance.

A winning record would have helped but I really don't know how much.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
          How about this. Don't schedule a game for the pheasant opener. Every year they schedule a game for the pheasant opener and every year he complains about the attendance.

A winning record would have helped but I really don't know how much.
          Not up to him, I'm pretty sure, since it's a conference game.
          Originally posted by JackFan96
          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

How about this. Don't schedule a game for the pheasant opener. Every year they schedule a game for the pheasant opener and every year he complains about the attendance. A winning record would have helped but I really don't know how much.
            Agreed^^^ I know many many people that were hunting and add a losing record on top of that and you get 11,000 fans.
            "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
              I heard the whole interview on the way home. What did he say? I guess i either didnt hear it or brushed it off too.

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                Agreed^^^ I know many many people that were hunting and add a losing record on top of that and you get 11,000 fans.

I dont think we have a choice when we play our conference game, like RO just said above

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                  I dont think we have a choice when we play our conference game, like RO just said above
                  I understand that but it seems like 6 of the last 7 years there has been a home game on the Pheasant Opener. Try to see if an away game could be worked in for that one. Or if it could be the bye week. I understand that its not up to the coach but it seems like every year we have this discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                    I'm not saying that it's the jacks fault for scheduling but you can't expect too many fans on pheasent opening weekend and when you are 2-4 you can't except everybody to come show. Heck, if they were 4-2 or 5-1 going into the game maybe more people would have went to game instead of went hunting. You can't control conference scheduling but you can control how well you play.
                    "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                      I'm not saying that it's the jacks fault for scheduling but you can't expect too many fans on pheasent opening weekend and when you are 2-4 you can't except everybody to come show. Heck, if they were 4-2 or 5-1 going into the game maybe more people would have went to game instead of went hunting. You can't control conference scheduling but you can control how well you play.

I really dont know if a 4-2 or 5-1 record would have mattered. First weekend hunting is a big weekend for a lot of people. I actually thought 11000 was good. Good student turnout too.

Comment

Looking at the reserved ticket availability on gojacks.com for NDSU game, it shows only 125 reserved seats left.

Comment

Frankly I think the attendance should have been better considering the weather. I think the hunting excuse is just that. You can hunt more then just opening weekend. You only get 5 home football games for SDSU. That to me means you get several weeks of hunting that are not when SDSU plays. Then again I have no interest or desire to kill animals, but that is besides the point.

I think its acceptable to miss SDSU football games for 1 of 2 reasons.

1, its your funeral. Or,

2nd, your wifes funeral.....depending on who SDSU plays.

Thats a joke......but seriously.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                            Frankly I think the attendance should have been better considering the weather. I think the hunting excuse is just that. You can hunt more then just opening weekend. You only get 5 home football games for SDSU. That to me means you get several weeks of hunting that are not when SDSU plays. Then again I have no interest or desire to kill animals, but that is besides the point.

I think its acceptable to miss SDSU football games for 1 of 2 reasons.

1, its your funeral. Or,

2nd, your wifes funeral.....depending on who SDSU plays.

Thats a joke......but seriously.
                            I get that, and I don't hunt, but I do have many family members or family friends that live out of state that come back 1-2 weekends a year and generally pheasant opener is one of them. And I'm expecting a lot to be in the same boat.

Comment

I get that, and I don't hunt, but I do have many family members or family friends that live out of state that come back 1-2 weekends a year and generally pheasant opener is one of them. And I'm expecting a lot to be in the same boat.
                              I understand that and its often planned out further then the football schedule comes out. However I feel many are local fans who decide huting that day is more important that SDSU football.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                              X