X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NDSU Game Preparation

1. Dress Code for the game.

WEAR BLUE! WEAR BLUE.

SDSU's colors are yellow and blue. NDSU's colors are yellow and green. According the NCAA Rule 405.23A(1), "...when a visiting team has one or more of the same colors as the home team, the visiting team is deemed to be wearing the home school's color(s)."* Therefore, anyone wearing yellow will be deemed to be a Jackrabbit fan in Coughlin Alumni Stadium on Saturday. However, it is important that SDSU fans wear blue because some NDSU people (e.g., those chubby guys wearing the hardhats or that one fellow in the Big Bird costume [dare him to show up wearing that west of the river]) will nonetheless claim yellow is their school color while in Brookings.**

2. Rules of Behavior.

All SDSU fans know the usual rules of good fan behavior# but there is one rule I think is worth repeating in this thread for the benefit of those same chubby guys in the hardhats, and their friends, coming from the North: During the National Anthem, we stand at attention, singing the words of the Anthem or in silence, hand over one's heart. We do not yell our team's name in subsitution for "brave", the final word in the Anthem. We do not care that the yelling of something at the end of the National Anthem was something started by teh hockies at UND many years ago and the bright Bison decided to respond by shouting the Best Buy corporation's slogan, Buy Zone, at the end of the Anthem.##

3. Fan sponteniety -- have some fun.

For our Bison fans, some miscellaneous comments:
    • You are free to cheer on your team when you want to. Be spontaneous. The announcer will not tell you when to stand, sit or yell. Have some fun!
    • Dome nazis have no jurisdication beyond the border of North Dakota; however, 38-year old fans providing beer to minors may be addressed according to the laws of the State of South Dakota.
    • Once again, NDSU fans will be asked to use the porta-potties provided and not just relieve themselves wherever as in past years. When SDSU's new stadium is completed, SDSU fans will use the permanent facilities while NDSU fans will be asked to continue using the porta-potties...so, try to learn to use them.
    • When touchdowns occur at Coughlin Alumni Stadium, we do not shoot fireworks. In South Dakota, you should go to a Friday night high school game for that experience (oh, and you can also go to a U of Illinois game although I think they may have exhausted their year's supply of fireworks a few weeks ago ).
    • It is an accepted fact north of the border that NDSU does not lose football games. Once in a while the refs take a game away from them. Bison fans: get ready, you won't like this referring crew!

*Okay, I made the NCAA rule stuff up.
      ** Last year the ND State Legislature passed a law requiring all North Dakotans to ignore NCAA Rules...something like that.
      # Certified by the Summit League and the Sportsmanship Award.
      ## I'm trying to have a little fun in this post but I'm real serious about this one. These are serious times and respect for one of our nation's great symbols is in order.
    Last edited by JackJD; 10-17-2011, 05:25 PM.

Re: NDSU Game Preparation

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
      Moderator this is in the wrong thread, should be Demotivation something or other. Its kind of funny though

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
        Moderator this is in the wrong thread, should be Demotivation something or other. Its kind of funny though
        srsly.jpg
        I thought it was appropriate...sorry for confusing you! Let's have some fun this week!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]316[/ATTACH]
          I thought it was appropriate...sorry for confusing you! Let's have some fun this week!!!!!!!!!!
          Yeah go for it. I dont have the time to look for gag pictures though, but I enjoy your work TransAm.

Comment

I believe JackJD opened this door.

I also believe the "Home of the Bizzzzon" is some lowbrow stuff, and is disrespectful as all get out. I'm all for freedom of speech, but that one is not something I support. NDSU fans should really rethink that, it's the National Anthem, not your personal sounding board! On the other hand it probably proves you are really a province of Canada.
            With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Yeah go for it. I dont have the time to look for gag pictures though, but I enjoy your work TransAm.
              And I hope to meet you and the rest of the gang this weekend. I should be easy to spot. What lots do all of you guys tailgate at? I'm waiting to see where our contigent plans on going. I'll set up there but I want to meet as many of you guys as possible. Good food, good beer, good company, followed by a good game. I'm really looking forward to it.

Comment

Comment

Crap. I told my wife not to show that picture to anyone.

Comment

And I hope to meet you and the rest of the gang this weekend. I should be easy to spot. What lots do all of you guys tailgate at? I'm waiting to see where our contigent plans on going. I'll set up there but I want to meet as many of you guys as possible. Good food, good beer, good company, followed by a good game. I'm really looking forward to it.
                    Me too! The directions to the best tailgating are listed below. Make sure you print out this message and follow the directions! The tailgating will have a great cover band playing everything from the 80s to the present with a couple of great oldies from the late 60s, early 70s for PL and the rest of the assisted-living crew. All the food is free and all beverages are free. Golf-cart transportation for everyone to the front gate of CAS. Visiting Bison are welcome! Now, for the directions: Take the first I-29 exit (assuming you're coming from the north) and go up the off ramp and then turn LEFT, not right, and just keep driving until your run into a guy named Tyler and a short while later, you'll run into a fellow named Tracy.* They'll give you the rest of the directions. See you there!!

*Added later because I received the dreaded "I don't get it" comment -- and, as noted by filbert, seems something is lost when you have to explain the joke. But, do this: get out a map of South Dakota and one of Minnesota and follow the directions.
                    Last edited by JackJD; 10-17-2011, 05:31 PM.

Comment

So we've met then?
                      With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

...I can see it now: a news item from newspapers on October 24, 2011:

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                          ...I can see it now: a news item from newspapers on October 24, 2011:
                          +++++++
                          Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

BRING YOUR NEIGHBORS TO THE GAME! I think attendance can hit 17,000 +: The same 11,000 who went to the UNI game, plus a few thousand more fans who return after the pheasant opener and have heard about (a) Sumner and the offensive line that protects him and (b) a defense that is very capable and this will be the game in which they eliminate the killer errors. Add to those partisans the 4,000 greenies and we're there!. And, if people in Brookings leave lids off the garbage containers for a couple of days, some curious coyotes will show up too.

The weather report says 60 degrees and sunny.

Comment

Jeez, you guys win the Marker once in four years and all of a sudden get big heads about it...

Comment

Working...
                              X