Ill. State 28 - USD 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ill. State 28 - USD 3

Illinois State 28 - USD 3. You can shut up now about "how good you are" and "how bad you would beat us this year". You got spanked again by another Valley team.

Re: Ill. State 28 - USD 3

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
    Illinois State 28 - USD 3. You can shut up now about "how good you are" and "how bad you would beat us this year". You got spanked again by another Valley team.

AMEN

Comment

They benched the QB today and maybe they should have left him in the game like we did with TOB.

Comment

You sure are quick to smack considering your own team keeps losing football games. You losing to UNI at home is about the same as South Dakota losing at Illinois State. Point is don't smack if you have enough problems in your own backyard. The Yotes played UNI closer in Vermillion last year.
        How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
          You sure are quick to smack considering your own team keeps losing football games. You losing to UNI at home is about the same as South Dakota losing at Illinois State. Point is don't smack if you have enough problems in your own backyard. The Yotes played UNI closer in Vermillion last year.
          And we beat them in brookings 2 years ago. So there. Take that.

Your not very good at smack.

Your QB had 1 more completion then ours had ints. Our QB is almost as good at throwing to the other team as your QB is throwing to your own team. There. I smacked us both.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Is "The Coyote Darkside" about to get going again?

Comment

Let me preface this by saying that USD has a good team. But...

1. It's silly that the Coyotes were ranked at all. Two of USD's four wins were against NAIA teams. The other two were both quality wins. The same number of quality wins that SDSU has.

2. Losing to Illinois State is NOT the same as losing to #2 UNI. Coyote_Fan needs to study up on his future conference home a bit. Illinois State is a decent program, but UNI is a dominant one (USD fans might recall UNI hanging 66 on them a couple of years ago). Sure, USD played UNI closer at home last year. That's good. But UNI is a national title contender every year, and that is my point.

3. We lost to Illinois State on the road as well... but we lost by 7 points in our freshman QB's first game as a starter. Sumner passed for 194 and RAN for a TD in that game. Meanwhile, USD's senior QB (a quality player, no doubt) managed 25 yards passing and 37 yards rushing against the Redbirds. The Coyotes ate up a whopping 106 yards of offense in the game. We held them to 23 points with a patched together defense that hasn't played up to our usual standards.

4. USD hasn't won an FCS road game since 2009. SDSU won one last week. (By the way, winning road games DOES count in the MVFC.)

Bottom line: I think I was among those who was perhaps a little too impressed with USD before yesterday. I guess I just forgot about those two NAIA wins, just like the FCS poll voters did. I am not suggesting that the Coyotes aren't good or trying to claim anything about a head-to-head matchup. We'll find out about that next year.

The point is that neither SDSU or USD is setting the world on fire this year. We're only 2-4 against FCS teams this year. Not great. USD fans deserve to feel pretty good about their team's 2-1 record in FCS games this year. But it's 2-1. Two of those other wins don't count. They just don't. I expect USD to bounce back and contend in the Great West. But don't get delusions of grandeur. As our experience shows, you can be in the playoffs one year and struggle the next. Perspective.
              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I guess I'll have to agree with this guy. Let's go back to forgetting about the Yotes and focusing on us.
                Reminds me of the proverb of how arguing with an engineer is like wrestling in the mud with a pig... eventually you realize they enjoy it.

Comment

I too was suprised to see the ISU-USD score on the Coughlin scoreboard last night. Must keep in mind that there wasn't 10,000 inebriated fans cheering for 605 at that game. Could it be Ed's secret weapon is 40's?
                  You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Yes it was a whale of a game for the Redbirds.
                    Last edited by Nidaros; 10-16-2011, 07:01 PM.

Comment

We had an absolute stinker. Score probably closer than the actually beat down we took. All smack is well deserved this week. We need to bounce back next week.
                      Southern Pecan

2001 Nissan Exterra....no A/C and north of 120k

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
                        I too was suprised to see the ISU-USD score on the Coughlin scoreboard last night. Must keep in mind that there wasn't 10,000 inebriated fans cheering for 605 at that game. Could it be Ed's secret weapon is 40's?
                        I wasnt, ISU-R if they come together has a talented team and Im damn glad we played them at home this year
                        BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Darn it all, I keep forgetting those road games don't count for 605.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                            Is "The Coyote Darkside" about to get going again?
                            But the Yotes simply invite the "smack". Todays quote in the Argus by a USD player after getting beat 28-3 and putting up slightly over 100 total yards of offense for the game -- " I STILL FEEL WE HAD THE BEST PLAYERS ON THE FIELD". Now that's seeing the real picture I guess?

GBGBGJ

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post
                              But the Yotes simply invite the "smack". Todays quote in the Argus by a USD player after getting beat 28-3 and putting up slightly over 100 total yards of offense for the game -- " I STILL FEEL WE HAD THE BEST PLAYERS ON THE FIELD". Now that's seeing the real picture I guess?

GBGBGJ
                              Typical usd. Never give the other team credit. U dot is the only school that thinks they control 100% of what happens. Rarely if ever crediting the other team with a good game plan or ability to execute. To think you were the better team is one thing but to say better players os giving no respect to youe opponent.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                              X