Two-game playoff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two-game playoff

Strange as it sounds, if Jacks win the next two at home they could very possibly control their own destiny re: playoffs, with three winnable games to end the season.

Re: Two-game playoff

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
    Strange as it sounds, if Jacks win the next two at home they could very possibly control their own destiny re: playoffs, with three winnable games to end the season.
    As Jim Mora would say, "Playoffs? Don't talk about playoffs. Are you kidding me? Playoffs?"

Comment

How about we just focus on going 1-0 next week. That will be good enough for me.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
        How about we just focus on going 1-0 next week. That will be good enough for me.
        Oldest cliche in the book. Point is, 2-0 in next two weeks could completely change the season.

Comment

Oldest cliche in the book. Point is, 2-0 in next two weeks could completely change the season.
          Hard to argue with this comment. I for one would love to see this happen.

Comment

I would love to go undefeated but to do that you have to go 1 game at a time. As fans we can look a head if we want but I would rather just look at playing a good game next week and going 1 and 0.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

I'm not going to say I would be thrilled to go 1-1 in these two games, but these 2 teams are not only the cream of the crop in the conference, they are highly touted in the country. The Jacks deficiencies on defense will shine brightly if they don't contain the quarterbacks and play that soft zone in the secondary. Besides UNI and NDSU have filthy defenses against the Jacks strong suit right now, the offense. Keep it close and keep the crowd in the game and who knows what might happen.

Comment

I'm with goon. There's a reason these sayings become "cliches", because usually they are true. Of course playoffs haven't been taken off the shelf, but 2-0 seems a far way off.
                With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                  I would love to go undefeated but to do that you have to go 1 game at a time. As fans we can look a head if we want but I would rather just look at playing a good game next week and going 1 and 0.
                  With the way this team plays, they need to take one play at a time. Just worry about making your assignments.....your block/your tackle/your pass/your catch/your coverage/etc.

As fans, we just need show up and cheer as loud as we can.

The rest will take care of itself.
                  LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                    With the way this team plays, they need to take one play at a time. Just worry about making your assignments.....your block/your tackle/your pass/your catch/your coverage/etc.

As fans, we just need show up and cheer as loud as we can.

The rest will take care of itself.
                    I agree, part of going 1-0 every week to me means focusing on what you need to do for the entire game to win, which includes the idea of one play at a time.

I think the fans were stoaked for the last game but it was a tough loss, this week I would imagine even more support and a crowd ready to cheer the jacks to another victory.....hopefully

Comment

My theory, and I'm sticking to it, is that when you have a good quarterback, anything can happen. And we have a good quarterback.
                      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                        I'm with goon. There's a reason these sayings become "cliches", because usually they are true. Of course playoffs haven't been taken off the shelf, but 2-0 seems a far way off.
                        Well, that's the oldest false cliche in the book - that some things are cliches because they are usually true. He puts his pants on one leg at a time is a cliche, too, but a lot of the time all that means is you're both wearing pants, but if the other guy is wearing bigger pants and running faster when he's doing so, he could have put them on over his head and it would make no difference.

Bigger they are harder they fall? I've found that sometimes the bigger they are the harder they pancake.

Heck, I could write a book about life cliches from my HS football coaches that turned out to be not so true after all... People in life, sport, business, etc., DO look past the next game all the time. Heck, Steve Jobs looked into the next century.

Getting beyond the cliches - speculating and analyzing and second guessing and arguing over what ifs - is what makes being a fan fun. Or did I miss the Forum ban about talking about the season as a whole?

Comment

Talking about the season as whole is not much fun right now. I think it better to concentrate on the next game, or two. A win today sets up a bit of extra anticipation for next week.
                          You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Working...
                          X