Illinois State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illinois State

Has anyone on this board been out to Illinois State for a football game? We play there Saturday and I am heading out. Is there parking around the stadium? Do they tailgate? I would appreciate any suggestions on how to navigate there and where to park. Thanks

Re: Illinois State

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
    Has anyone on this board been out to Illinois State for a football game? We play there Saturday and I am heading out. Is there parking around the stadium? Do they tailgate? I would appreciate any suggestions on how to navigate there and where to park. Thanks
    Sorry I cant help, I have yet to see what the MVFC has for facilities. This kind of inquiry makes one yearn for the past NCC and the I-29 configuration.

There is a Redbird fan who has posted from time to time. You might look in the community or membership list for a redbird fan and pm him. He seemed to be a wealth of information about Bloomington-Normal. I looked at the memberlist and his handle is Redbird Ray. He seemed like a good guy. I sure there are Jack fans who have been out there though.

Comment

Come over to Bisonville and ask the question. At the very least, roadwarrior will be able to give you some tips(347 straight Bison FB games). I think a few others have also made the trip to Normal.

Comment

I saw an article talking about homecoming at Illinois St. and it mentioned $1 tailgating spots for individual vehicles. No idea if they are near the stadium or not. It is homecoming this week so I expect there will be a large crowd making it a little more difficult.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
          I saw an article talking about homecoming at Illinois St. and it mentioned $1 tailgating spots for individual vehicles. No idea if they are near the stadium or not. It is homecoming this week so I expect there will be a large crowd making it a little more difficult.
          Thanks Doc

Comment

Originally posted by Hammersmith View Post
            Come over to Bisonville and ask the question. At the very least, roadwarrior will be able to give you some tips(347 straight Bison FB games). I think a few others have also made the trip to Normal.
            Hey Hammer. I tried getting on and it won't take my sign in. I must be blocked out. Imagine that.

Comment

I was there for the Jacks game. Fairly old stadium (well, actually, same age as Coughlin!) There is parking on the southside of the stadium. That is where the students tailgate mainly. There is another tailgate area east of the stadium, and when I was there, they had a large number of sponsored tents...but I think it was a special occasion. Of course, since it is homecoming, it could be in action again. Be sure to take a trip to the northside of the stadium, to see their basketball facility. Pretty nice, but what you would expect for a Missouri Valley Conference basketball school. Not much around ISU, but Bloomington downtown is just five minutes south. We ate at Reality Bites in downtown and it was very upscale and good food. Hit several bars. If that is your penchant, try Pub II...it is not far from the campus, and carries the distinction of having been named one of the top 100 college pubs in the country. If you go downtown Bloomington, hit up Elroys...it was great (sports bar basically) and the beer prices were very good! PM me if you have other specific questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                I was there for the Jacks game. Fairly old stadium (well, actually, same age as Coughlin!) There is parking on the southside of the stadium. That is where the students tailgate mainly. There is another tailgate area east of the stadium, and when I was there, they had a large number of sponsored tents...but I think it was a special occasion. Of course, since it is homecoming, it could be in action again. Be sure to take a trip to the northside of the stadium, to see their basketball facility. Pretty nice, but what you would expect for a Missouri Valley Conference basketball school. Not much around ISU, but Bloomington downtown is just five minutes south. We ate at Reality Bites in downtown and it was very upscale and good food. Hit several bars. If that is your penchant, try Pub II...it is not far from the campus, and carries the distinction of having been named one of the top 100 college pubs in the country. If you go downtown Bloomington, hit up Elroys...it was great (sports bar basically) and the beer prices were very good! PM me if you have other specific questions.
                Thank you numero uno. Much appreciated

Comment

Hey Hammer. I tried getting on and it won't take my sign in. I must be blocked out. Imagine that.
                  You're definitely not intentionally blocked(there are only two or three posters that are permabanned). If you haven't logged into BV for a very long time, it's possible your account got a little screwed after a software upgrade a couple years back. You would not have been the only one. Let me know if your BV account is under the same username as here and if you are using the same email address. If so, I'll tell Tony and he'll reset your password and send you an email to your listed address.

Comment

I too have been there (a couple of years ago). Good folks in Normal and they do tailgate. This site ought to help:

http://www.goredbirds.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/tailgating.html

G
                    o State!

Comment

Working...
                    X