• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next: UNI

Here, kitty, kitty, kitty, kitty.

Re: Next: UNI

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    Here, kitty, kitty, kitty, kitty.
    Alright, this is going to be a tough one, we are going to need a big game out of Sumner and the receiving crew. I'm not too optimistic about establishing any kind of run game against these guys.

Defensively, they have a very mobile QB, and we seem to have troubles with that. We can't afford any missed assignments!
    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
      Alright, this is going to be a tough one, we are going to need a big game out of Sumner and the receiving crew. I'm not too optimistic about establishing any kind of run game against these guys.

Defensively, they have a very mobile QB, and we seem to have troubles with that. We can't afford any missed assignments!
      Oh yeah, and UNI will make us pay for special team mistakes as well.

So it appears to be easy. Just play a perfect game.
      LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Yes a perfect game will be needed but not an impossible task.

Comment

Eliminate the quick 6's and fumbled snaps, and I think that will go a long ways. I think the team is getting it, but we'll see, beating Youngstown is not exactly taking out UNI. It's a confidence builder for sure, and really showed some of the things Sumner and our WR's are capable of doing.
          With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post

Without some kind of run game,we lose,you can't be a one dimentional team and expect to win.Sumners good, but we need the run to be successful occasionally to set up the passing game.

Comment

Hey Jackrabbit fans! Panther fan here. First off, big congrats on the win over the Pens last Saturday. Serious question: Are the Jackrabbits improving that much or do you think the flightless birds are just not that good. I would expect to see some improvement in any team from the start of the year, but is it enough to give the Panthers a good battle this week? Not talking smack, just want to know if you guys see enough to make a good game. IMHO, I think the Jacks will give us their best game as almost all MVFC teams do since we are on top. Being at CAS, I would expect a tough fight for the Panthers. As stated in another thread from a month ago, my son and I are making our first trip to Brookings for this one. From the looks of the road condition report from the Iowa Highway Patrol, we will not be taking I-29 from Omaha as planned. Still a lot of one lane traffic due to flood reconstruction. Looks like Avenue of the Saints to I-35 in central Iowa then I-90 across Minny and I-29 for just a short time into Brookings. Look forward to the game and meeting as many of you as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Cat View Post
                Hey Jackrabbit fans! Panther fan here. First off, big congrats on the win over the Pens last Saturday. Serious question: Are the Jackrabbits improving that much or do you think the flightless birds are just not that good. I would expect to see some improvement in any team from the start of the year, but is it enough to give the Panthers a good battle this week? Not talking smack, just want to know if you guys see enough to make a good game. IMHO, I think the Jacks will give us their best game as almost all MVFC teams do since we are on top. Being at CAS, I would expect a tough fight for the Panthers. As stated in another thread from a month ago, my son and I are making our first trip to Brookings for this one. From the looks of the road condition report from the Iowa Highway Patrol, we will not be taking I-29 from Omaha as planned. Still a lot of one lane traffic due to flood reconstruction. Looks like Avenue of the Saints to I-35 in central Iowa then I-90 across Minny and I-29 for just a short time into Brookings. Look forward to the game and meeting as many of you as possible.
                If your coming on I-80 or points north then I-29 will be no problem. Took that route out to Illinois and it went smoothly. If your coming out of Omaha you would have to detour.

Jacks are very clearly much improved. That said, the D-line is undersized and the DB's will be overmatched against a much faster UNI team. I think we can throw the ball but will need to establish some run game to give Austin time. That may be difficult to do but seems much more likely given the O-line's performance Saturday and what seemed to be a much better scheme on offense.

Jacks could eke one out if we can go +2 on turnovers and keep the penalties to a minimum. Going to have to cover kicks and punts well and avoid the big play by UNI. I don't think I'm going to be able to make it to CAS but I'll be cheering loudly from whatever location I'm at.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

The biggest change that I can see is that we have found a QB in Sumner. The kid can play, and he seems to have some leadership qualities, too. He has a knack for extending plays by sliding around back there while keeping his eyes downfield. He's a freshman, so he makes some mistakes, but he also makes a lot of plays. From what I hear, the team is really starting to believe in him, too.
                  Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I used to drive I-29 to 80. to get to Des Moines but due to all of the hills I take the other route. It makes a measurable difference in MPG. Plus you avoid the cesspool of our state that is Vermillion.

Comment

Hey Jackrabbit fans! Panther fan here. First off, big congrats on the win over the Pens last Saturday. Serious question: Are the Jackrabbits improving that much or do you think the flightless birds are just not that good. I would expect to see some improvement in any team from the start of the year, but is it enough to give the Panthers a good battle this week?
                      We would not be fans if we thought that UNI was an impossible obstacle to defeat. Yes we are improving. UNI needs to bring their best game. Mo St is not SO Dak St. I watched that game on Mediacomm a few weeks back. Mo St. did not seem to be a good football team that day and UNI had their way. I would hope that the outcome of the game will be different this week.

Enjoy your stay in Brookings. As far as road to take, I am no help there.

Comment

If we win the turnover margin. I think we win this game. Also, has anyone heard if Chase Douglas will be back this week??

Comment

Kyle Harris suggested during the Stig show yesterday on the radio that Douglas would not be part of their injured players cheering group this week.

I was just browsing UNI's game stats from last week against ISU-Blue. Rennie had something like 17 carries for 120 and was 10-14 for 150. Reminds me of Snoop Dogg's nephew's numbers. It's going to be long Saturday if the Jacks let Rennie play like Poly did.

ISU-Blue had 200 yards rushing, but Fouch had a tough day at the office. Maybe the Jacks can get a little ball control going with the 150 yards they had on the ground last week. UNI had 4 sacks on Fouch, so I would guess they were in his face a lot with his rough numbers. Typical UNI with a good pass rush.

It's going to be an uphill battle, that's for sure. Not impossible. I'd say UNI is going to have to be held under 24 to have a chance.

Comment

Big Cat,
                            Welcome to the board.
                            Secondly, you guys are darn good. It's not smack.
                            We're going to have to play much better than we've played yet to stay close.
                            If we can run the ball, that's going to be big. Our young qb is coming along, and the WR's are decent.
                            The two games we've won, we've run the ball well. The losses, every single one of them, we couldn't run.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                              If your coming on I-80 or points north then I-29 will be no problem. Took that route out to Illinois and it went smoothly. If your coming out of Omaha you would have to detour.
                              I-29 from SD to Omaha is now open...there's a stretch with single-lane traffic but there is no detour. My wife traveled I-29 from Watertown to Omaha at the end of last week in the usual time, about four hours.

Comment

Working...
                              X