X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ill. State to get $20 million stadium renovation

http://wjbc.com/hancock-stadium-to-be-renovated-photos/

Re: Ill. State to get $20 million stadium renovation

That's essentially how I envision SDSU's new field in the future, except I think SDSU will need to build bigger. 7,500 seating capacity on that one side isn't bit enough.
    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
      That's essentially how I envision SDSU's new field in the future, except I think SDSU will need to build bigger. 7,500 seating capacity on that one side isn't bit enough.
      SDSU needs at least ISU's 7,500 on each side (at least), at least a thousand in each of the four corners, and a thousand underneath the scoreboard, IMHO--that's 19,000.

Er.

Last edited by filbert; 09-29-2011, 09:03 AM. Reason: Correcting midnight math.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I find it interesting that the financing is coming from Student fundiing. I would hope that the students will be given the opportunity to be part of the new staduim at SDSU. I am sure El Presidente or someone will comment. I believe the students are still paying for the welllness center.

Comment

The Regents have already said it doesn't matter how many student signatures students get, you will not pay a dollar towards athletic facilities. President York and VP Sutton pushed for it this summer, but were told absolutely not.
          Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
            The Regents have already said it doesn't matter how many student signatures students get, you will not pay a dollar towards athletic facilities. President York and VP Sutton pushed for it this summer, but were told absolutely not.
            Thanks I missed that part.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
              Than it does truly boggle the mind why the BOR held back for so long on allowing the Universities to begin fundraising for their individual projects. Although, I have heard that 50% of the money is in place for the Fieldhouse. So that didn't take long.
              With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                Than it does truly boggle the mind why the BOR held back for so long on allowing the Universities to begin fundraising for their individual projects. Although, I have heard that 50% of the money is in place for the Fieldhouse. So that didn't take long.
                That is awesome! Great news!
                Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

And your source being?

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                    And your source being?
                    I know that you people want sources on the board, but I'm not giving it. Sorry, because I would like the source to remain a source, but it was a good one and through good conversation at an alumni event. If sources names are given out then they tend to become more tight-lipped and don't want to say anything in casual conversations. That being said, 50% is still a long way from 100%.
                    With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

I know that you people want sources on the board, but I'm not giving it. Sorry, because I would like the source to remain a source, but it was a good one and through good conversation at an alumni event. If sources names are given out then they tend to become more tight-lipped and don't want to say anything in casual conversations. That being said, 50% is still a long way from 100%.
                      We dont have the need to know, not even BTown Jack.

Comment

Working...
                      X