Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South Dakota beat Wisconsin...

According to Meierkort...

S. Dakota coach lost by 49 pts, says a "win" if check clears. http://bit.ly/rrR2db He's just admitting game played only for money. It hurt.

This is from Jay Billas's Twitter. Maybe out of context but who cares!
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Re: South Dakota beat Wisconsin...

The full quote:

"You know there's two ways to look at it—as long as the check clears, it's a win," Meierkort said. "That’s one way to look at it. But we're football coaches and we have a lot of pride. We're the 18th-ranked team in our level. We're not used to this. It's going to take us a little time to get over this."

Doesn't seem bad at all in full context. I usually like Bilas, but seems like fake-outrage about half a quote taken out of context.
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
      According to Meierkort...

S. Dakota coach lost by 49 pts, says a "win" if check clears. http://bit.ly/rrR2db He's just admitting game played only for money. It hurt.

This is from Jay Billas's Twitter. Maybe out of context but who cares!
      A really great post with insightful thinking. WE really played Wisconsin because of our large alumni base in Wisconsin and gave them an opportunity to watch their school play. SDSU on the other hand went to Illinois for the hell of it. I'm sure the paycheck had nothing to do with it. Why don't you just give the money back to Illinois except for travel costs. Fill in the amount with donations from a poster like you (which I bet is about nothing). You can't handle Meierkort because he is brutally honest.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
        WE really played Wisconsin because of our large alumni base in Wisconsin
        Oh. Right. AIR FORCE was the payday game.

Comment

SDSU on the other hand went to Illinois for the hell of it.
          YTE I am surprised you would make this kind of statement. Surely its in gest. I assume our check cleared.
          Last edited by Nidaros; 09-27-2011, 06:28 AM.

Comment

A really great post with insightful thinking. WE really played Wisconsin because of our large alumni base in Wisconsin and gave them an opportunity to watch their school play. SDSU on the other hand went to Illinois for the hell of it. I'm sure the paycheck had nothing to do with it. Why don't you just give the money back to Illinois except for travel costs. Fill in the amount with donations from a poster like you (which I bet is about nothing). You can't handle Meierkort because he is brutally honest.
            Our athletic department has a lot of connections with Illinois and our current president spent 30 years in administration at UI, the last portion in the athletic department. So, you and WSR are in the same boat here.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
              Our athletic department has a lot of connections with Illinois and our current president spent 30 years in administration at UI, the last portion in the athletic department. So, you and WSR are in the same boat here.
              Please don't put me in the same boat as YF... yikes
              Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                Oh. Right. AIR FORCE was the payday game.
                If that is a government issued check I wouldn't have left Colorado Springs until it cleared.

Comment

You're wrong. Our president spent 30 yrs there in their administration. Also, I assume the game was chosen for potential recruits. Not sure it helped though.
                  Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

An aside in reference to something someone posted earlier. EWU is now 0-4 which certainly doesn't erase the importance of a victory by the yotes but it certainly makes one wonder.......loss to the yotes may equal a loss to most teams you play. I will admit EWU's schedule has been brutal. My point, there may be a some premature jocularity on the part of yote fans.....again.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

I think the full Meierkort quote really puts Bilas in the wrong here. He's cherry-picking Meierkort's quote to make a point. Not cool.
                      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                        I think the full Meierkort quote really puts Bilas in the wrong here. He's cherry-picking Meierkort's quote to make a point. Not cool.
                        Yep. Nowhere does Ed say that is actually how he or the coaching staff is looking at it, just that it is one possible way to look at it. Misrepresentation at best.

Comment

If there is a thread on this site defending Meierkort I think there are grounds to abandon the forum or at least change the name to USDfans.com. All rationale discussions in support of Ed should be held elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                            If there is a thread on this site defending Meierkort I think there are grounds to abandon the forum or at least change the name to USDfans.com. All rationale discussions in support of Ed should be held elsewhere.
                            For me, it's more defending good journalism standards.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                              For me, it's more defending good journalism standards.
                              In a smack thread? the point is to not take anything to seriously in this section.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                              X