Indiana State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indiana State

The Sycamores are 3-1 with notable wins at Western Kentucky and at home against Youngstown State (37-35) this past week. Running back Shakir Bell had 21 rushes for 256 yards with 4 TD against YSU and had 25 carries for 221 yards and 2 TD against WKU. QB Ronnie Fouch is also very good. It will be the Beef Bowl so hopefully a good crowd for the Jacks. Keys to the game would obviously be to stop the run and to get out to a lead for once in the first half. What are the other keys of the game for the Jacks to come out with a W?

Re: Indiana State

they came from behind against Youngstown to win that game. after all the bad teams they had to being a winner must have Terre Haute rocking. the homecoming bar crawl will be something this year.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
      The Sycamores are 3-1 with notable wins at Western Kentucky and at home against Youngstown State (37-35) this past week. Running back Shakir Bell had 21 rushes for 256 yards with 4 TD against YSU and had 25 carries for 221 yards and 2 TD against WKU. QB Ronnie Fouch is also very good. It will be the Beef Bowl so hopefully a good crowd for the Jacks. Keys to the game would obviously be to stop the run and to get out to a lead for once in the first half. What are the other keys of the game for the Jacks to come out with a W?
      Well score more points then the other team. That would get a W most likely.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
        they came from behind against Youngstown to win that game. after all the bad teams they had to being a winner must have Terre Haute rocking. the homecoming bar crawl will be something this year.
        PLEASE get your facts straight.

Indiana State went up 21-0, then 27-7, then 34-14, then 34-21, then 34-28, then 37-28, and finally 37-35 against YSU.

Indiana State never came from behind to beat us. They blew us out early and the hole was too much for us my friend.

Comment

Originally posted by guinzone View Post

Indiana State went up 21-0, then 27-7, then 34-14, then 34-21, then 34-28, then 37-28, and finally 37-35 against YSU.

Indiana State never came from behind to beat us. They blew us out early and the hole was too much for us my friend.
          I hope our D come off the blocks in full gear and we dont have to spot ISU-BLUE 21 PTS. The QB is a PAC 10 transfer from Washington and it sounds like the rb Shakir Bell is trouble too if you let him have his way. Its the Beef bowl and a friendly crowd, this has to be a boost for our guys after 3 weeks on the road.

I picked this cut and past from the offical website of ISU BLUE:

Additionally, Bell found the end zone on the ground a total of four times, all in the first half. His four rushing touchdowns in one half is also a new school record. Bell scored on the game's first play from scrimmage on a 62-yard scamper just 18 seconds into the contest. He gave ISU a 14-0 advantage on a 39-yard scoring run just four minutes into the game and tallied a 62-yard touchdown on the ground in the second quarter. He finished off his masterful first half with a 51-yard touchdown rush with 4:03 left in the first half. His 62-yard touchdown run on the first play of the game is the longest scoring play for the Sycamores this season.

This guy is trouble if we let him out front. In two plays, he racked up 100 yrds and two TD'S.

In addition in the ISU-Red game our defense came to life but only after Mike Lien scooped up the fumble and scored. When our defense shows courage, it slows down the opponents offense momentum.

Lastly here is a link to ISU BLUE website:

http://www.gosycamores.com/ViewArtic...CLID=205277070
          Last edited by Nidaros; 09-26-2011, 05:35 AM.

Comment

I'm looking forward to being in CAS again this saturday. It's been to long.

Indiana State seems like they're pretty salty.

Maybe the wind will blow 38 mph, and continually switch directions to be against ISU-B, then that'll keep Fouch in line and we can key on the running game.
            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

We need to play 4 FULL quarters to pull out this win against a salty Indiana State team.

Comment

Stopping the run has been a huge problem for this team this year, and it's probably not going to get any easier with two interior linemen out with injury. If the Jacks can finally fix this problem I like our chances... and if not, it could be a along day.

ISU-Blue's RB Shakir Bell's stat line against YSU: 256 yards on 21 carries, 12.2 yards per carry, and 4 rushing touchdowns.

Note: SDSU gave up 216 yards rushing to ISU-Blue last year in the lose.
                If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                - Steven Wright

Comment

Everyone keeps talking about how salty they are, now I am hungry for a salted pretzel and cheese.......I guess when your hungry you can turn anything into thinking about food. I am more worried about ISU BLUE then I was about RED. However, I think the coaches will have the team the most focused as we have seen in literally 2 years. I expect us to give one hell of an effort. We do well at home, so I have a hard time picking against the jacks. So Im not going too. D steps up huge. we win 17-14.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Amazing how fast a program can turn it around (or go into the tank). Who would have thought a couple of years ago that we would be playing Indiana State at home and be worried about the possibility of getting blown out?
                    “Who's more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?” - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by rjacks21 View Post
                      Amazing how fast a program can turn it around (or go into the tank). Who would have thought a couple of years ago that we would be playing Indiana State at home and be worried about the possibility of getting blown out?
                      Whos worried about getting blown out? Im not. I think we'll win

Comment

Originally posted by guinzone View Post

sorry heard wrong from a different source

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                          Whos worried about getting blown out? Im not. I think we'll win
                          Me too

Comment

I Think ISU BLUE is better then ISU RED, I think being at home will keep us from being blown out, but things did not go well there last year for sure. I think the team if they remember last year, will have plenty to work for to keep this game well with in hand. Just seems odd a few years ago BLUE really struggled and were so young, but they kept with it and really improved. Our situation is different now then where they were, but we as a program are on the brink about turning it around to having the seasons we are accustomed to having. Just need to keep working and be positive and good things will happen. Tough not to like ISU BLUES coach though. His quotes are the best.

Comment

My take, if the Jacks play as poorly as they have at times this year it will be hard to win any games. If the Jacks play as well as they have at times we could finish 6-2 in the conference. What I think I'm trying to say is that our opponent is much less important while our game plan and execution will mean everything. Ind St. has some of the same questions as do the majority of MVFC teams. UNI and NDSU don't have those concerns and are clearly the cream of this years crop.

I expect a close contest and hope the Jacks can grit this one out.
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                              X