Sumner's time has Come.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sumner's time has Come.

Stu wrote a column on Austin Sumner. Posting a link for your reading.

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...36/1002/sports

Re: Sumner's time has Come.

Good column Nidaros. Just woke up after the drive back from Normal.

Yes folks we now have a leader at qb. Heartbreaking loss but I took a lot of positves out of it. I see nothing but improvement ahead.

And yes folks, Austin dove head first into the endzone with a player around him when we absolutely had to have a TD in the second half.

It was a whole differant atmosphere.

I can't wait until the Beef Bowl. Go Jacks!!!!

Comment

Lessee . . . without reading the article . . . Karnak says . . . kid played at BV . . . therefore article will be unusually positive for a Stu article about SDSU . . . now opening the envelope . . .
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
        Lessee . . . without reading the article . . . Karnak says . . . kid played at BV . . . therefore article will be unusually positive for a Stu article about SDSU . . . now opening the envelope . . .
        Yup. And, the Stu-shots were nothing we haven't read here on the board. A Stu SD-High-School-Booster puff piece for the most part, as predicted . . .

Stu, buddy, you're getting too predictable . . .
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Yup. And, the Stu-shots were nothing we haven't read here on the board. A Stu SD-High-School-Booster puff piece for the most part, as predicted . . .

You have noticed this too. Stu is a pro High School-rah rah Sioux Falls Area guy. I guess dwelling on that kind of takes away from Austin Sumner. It appears as shot 5533 said, we have a new qb who is only going to get better with each game.

Comment

Another stu article, another dig at an sdsu coach.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
              Which is ironic, given that Sumner was going BCS or SDSU, with no third option. Dear Stu, if SDSU coaches were idiots, is Sumner an idiot for only wanting to play for SDSU or a BCS school?

Comment

I am sorry but I fail to see where there is a dig at another sdsu coach. The column is about Sumner and his choice of SDSU, so the usual harrassment does seem evident in the column.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                  I am sorry but I fail to see where there is a dig at another sdsu coach. The column is about Sumner and his choice of SDSU, so the usual harrassment does seem evident in the column.
                  I guess the part where he questions the overall leadership of the program because he let his players use twitter in not so many words.

So a few players twitted about being unhappy and all of a sudden there is a problem with the over all leadership? Come stu your better then that.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

I guess the part where he questions the overall leadership of the program because he let his players use twitter in not so many words.

So a few players twitted about being unhappy and all of a sudden there is a problem with the over all leadership? Come stu your better then that.
                    Thanks Not a big defender of Stu, so your point is well taken.

Comment

Thanks Not a big defender of Stu, so your point is well taken.
                      I felt it was Stus way to take a cheap shot at SDSU with out actually take a cheap shot, if that makes sense. There are better ways to go about saying there are problems with the program from the QB quiting or lack of success....but to say there is a problem with the overall leadership of the program, considering how well Stig has done with this program over the years. Stu should know better IMO.

Comment

Not that i am defending stu but there were many fans of SDSU that were taking shots at the leadership (and still are) in regards to sumner playing or not.
                        "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                        -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by EQguy View Post
                          Not that i am defending stu but there were many fans of SDSU that were taking shots at the leadership (and still are) in regards to sumner playing or not.
                          I don't think its necessary to "take shots" but I certainly think it's reasonable to question the direction SDSU football is currently headed. From a playoff run to a 5-6 season, to a year where the 3rd year starting QB quits and we are 1-3. Add in the fact that we have no verbal commitments for 2012 and there are plenty of reasons to wonder who is steering this ship and what their plan is.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                            I don't think its necessary to "take shots" but I certainly think it's reasonable to question the direction SDSU football is currently headed. From a playoff run to a 5-6 season, to a year where the 3rd year starting QB quits and we are 1-3. Add in the fact that we have no verbal commitments for 2012 and there are plenty of reasons to wonder who is steering this ship and what their plan is.
                            The thing about this JackMD is that we dont know everything that's going on. As much as TV puts his ear to the ground and tells us what he hears, he does not hear everything. Too question the leadership is a Stu par move so if that his best shot, we made out okay on this column.

I believe Coach Stig is still in charge and no verbals really does not make me panic at this time. I think we could have been 6-5 or even 7-4 last season but for a few plays and our QB being the unoffical MVP for the Bison last year. (An attempt at humor on Bisonville) Thats my most critical remark towards TOB. Enough said. I would trust that this year that we might be down and we lost a lot of talent last year. Plus a number of top recruits left the program IE Kohlmoos and others. TV could tell you more, but he commented on this in a private email and how it would catch up with the progress of the program. Add also the injuries this year and yes there is room for criticism but its not coming from me.

I am looking forward to another Difference Makers meeting tonight. The free Subs and Pizza are the best part of the meeting. I am sure we will find out more about Austin Sumner and his performance this past Saturay.

Comment

The thing about this JackMD is that we dont know everything that's going on. As much as TV puts his ear to the ground and tells us what he hears, he does not hear everything. Too question the leadership is a Stu par move so if that his best shot, we made out okay on this column.
                              I don't disagree with you and I don't have a lot of questions. I was just stating that I can understand why some might be wondering out loud about the TOB situation and an apparent regression as it pertains to the programs success on the field. On the surface it would appear that NDSU is again distancing itself in the success column and I sure don't want to see that happen.
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                              X