Gophers or Bison?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gophers or Bison?

It'll end up in smack anyway so may as well just start it here...

Who are you for in this Saturday's tilt between the Minnesota Gophers and the NDSU Bison? Minnesota Nice v. Conference Mate. What say you?

One feature of the game that isn't present in most D-I football games: both teams have a cheerleaders in the PA booth. So, will the Bison, accustomed to making noise in the FargoDome only on cue from the announcer be confused because the Gophers have a similar (NAIA) announcer who tells the crowd when to cheer, what to cheer about etc. I can just see some people in green standing up and responding to "It's another MINNESOTA... (FIRST DOWN!).
    Gophers
    46.43%
    Bison
    23.21%
    I don't give a (insert word of your choice)
    30.36%

The poll is expired.

Re: Gophers or Bison?

you mean the Oakland U basketball PA guy works for the bison and gophers too

Comment

UConn has one of those too. (I was at the Iowa State-UConn game. Cy got beat up in front of me.) Hated it every time the announcer said it. At least he didn't have to say it often.

Comment

Probably silly but...

A Brewster led Gophers I'd pick the Bison.

A Kill led Gophers, I pick the Gophers.
        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

I'm cheering for the Bison. Conference mate and I always cheer for teams that are playing up a division.

Plus, I don't want to get my fiance mad at me two weeks before the wedding.

Comment

Tough call since I loathe both programs with every fiber of my being, but I'll be rooting for the Gophers. A few years ago I would have been backing the Bison all the way, but I just really don't like them - at all. This is one of the few FCS/FBS games that I won't be rooting for our fellow subdivision brothers.
            “Who's more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?” - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

I'm a Gopher fan so I'll be rooting for them. They don't need another embarrassing loss. Otherwise I'd be cheering for the Bison.

Interesting to note: I was talking to my roomate, another big Gopher fan, and he basically said "here is no possible way the Gophers will lose to NDSU. Not going to happen; no way!"

People in the Twin Cities really have no clue in regards to any of the Dakota schools. For him to actually say that shows that he knows nothing in regards to FCS football. I just can't believe any Gopher fan can be saying something like that after they've proved NOTHING on the football field this year. Just because Kill is coaching doesn't mean it's an easy win. I fully expect the Gophers to come ready to play because they can't lose this game, but I would be REALLY surprised if it's more than 14 points. And this is coming from a diehard Gopher fan since I was born. I would like nothing better than for the basketball and football teams to become relevant on the national scene.
              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Football is played in the Twin Cities? Oh, yah there is the Tommies.
                You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                  Plus, I don't want to get my fiance mad at me two weeks before the wedding.
                  Your man card has been revoked and you cannot reapply for two years (unless your soon-to-be spouse give you her permission -- and congrats on the upcoming nuptials).

Comment

Also, I'm going with the Gophers because I'm tired of seeing other FCS teams (while good for FCS) beat FBS teams when we can't.
                    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Ok. I changed my mind. I hope the Bison win by about 24 to shut the guy up that wrote this crap:

http://www.gophertailgate.com/2011/0...mbers-numbers/

Comment

That gophertailgate.com article was enough to make me a die-hard Bison fan for this weekend too.

Comment

This writer sounds a lot like Bison fans usually do when talking about an opponent.
                          “Who's more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?” - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                            Ok. I changed my mind. I hope the Bison win by about 24 to shut the guy up that wrote this crap:

http://www.gophertailgate.com/2011/0...mbers-numbers/
                            If this guy isn't humbled after watching Gopher football for the last 4+ years, I doubt even another Bison victory will shut him up.
                            If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                            - Steven Wright

Comment

Go Rabbits!
                              With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Working...
                              X