Illinois state

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illinois state

It's time to get motivated for Illinois state. We will have a new QB, presumable Sumner. I hope the line gives him time to make his reads, and for him to good, doesn't have to be great, but decent. We have to be able to run better, and control the line of scrimmage. Our D-line must be aggressive and be a force. LB play and secondary has to tackle better, we are missing to many open field tackles and most of those are over running the play. I hope that the coaches will allow the CB' to play a bit closer to their receivers than 10 to 12 yds. I hate e fact that TOB won't be with us this weekend, I may have wanted a change in QB, but I sure as heck didn't want him to quit. I have met him several times and have visited with him on occasion, and to be honest he was a guy you would want to be Frieda with.Let's do some damage in Illinois and get back home 2 - 2 !!!!!GO BIG !!! GO BLUE !!! GO JACKS !!!

Re: Illinois state

Chase Douglass' twitter account says 2 to 6 weeks. I'm (assuming) that is how long he is out. But its just a guess.

Comment

Go Rabbits!
      With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
        Chase Douglass' twitter account says 2 to 6 weeks. I'm (assuming) that is how long he is out. But its just a guess.
        Chris Tracy "out for awhile" per Jackrabbitden on twitter. He looked like he was hurting at Poly. Illinois St has a solid team and they will smell the blood in the water. I suspect the focus at practice this week will be the Jackrabbits and how the Jackrabbits can improve.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Go Jacks!

Comment

Isu red is a interesting team. Seems to be a streaky team the last few years. We won there when I thought we would lose. And we lose at home when I thought we would win. They seem to be able to compete yet still can tank a game. Let's hope they are not ready. Knowing everything that's going on here maybe they think we wil throw in the towel. This is perfect for an sdsu team to come together and get another win when our opponent thinks we are falling apart. I hope what ever is going on in that locker room is how to come out and play the best football that we can play.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Win at ISU-Red, and you come home 2-2 and 1-0 in conference play. Nothing wrong with that. ISU-R has some defensive issues. Their offense is solid, so it will take a much better effort from the defense. Given all that has happened, this could go either way.
              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                Win at ISU-Red, and you come home 2-2 and 1-0 in conference play. Nothing wrong with that. ISU-R has some defensive issues. Their offense is solid, so it will take a much better effort from the defense. Given all that has happened, this could go either way.
                This. Big game this weekend wish I could go. Go Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                  Chris Tracy "out for awhile" per Jackrabbitden on twitter. He looked like he was hurting at Poly. Illinois St has a solid team and they will smell the blood in the water. I suspect the focus at practice this week will be the Jackrabbits and how the Jackrabbits can improve.
                  This is not good. Seems like Chris was making the best plays on defense, which might not be saying too much, but Chris is a gamer who will be missed. We seem to be racking up a number of injuries which suggests are guys are trying very hard to stop the opponents offense.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                    This is not good. Seems like Chris was making the best plays on defense, which might not be saying too much, but Chris is a gamer who will be missed.
                    He was all over the field against SUU. I know the defense hasn't been playing well, but losing depth hurts every time.
                    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

24-17 sdsu wins a close one. Running game comes up huge my prediction.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                        This is not good. Seems like Chris was making the best plays on defense, which might not be saying too much, but Chris is a gamer who will be missed. We seem to be racking up a number of injuries which suggests are guys are trying very hard to stop the opponents offense.
                        The young man flies around the field with little regard for his own well-being. Just the kind of guy you need on defense. While he will certainly be missed I trust there is someone behind him who has been working his butt off hoping for the same opportunity. Maybe its Kilgore, maybe its someone else.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                          24-17 sdsu wins a close one. Running game comes up huge my prediction.
                          I think SDSU will need to score at least 28 to have a shot at winning this game. The Redbirds offense has been averaging nearly 30 points a game since the start of the 2010 season. I think this is going to be a very tough game. My prediction: Illinois State wins 31-14.
                          “Who's more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?” - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

Don't know how it turns out but I will be stunned if the team doesn't play with some real intensity. When backed up against a wall you find out a lot about people and that will probably be the case this week. They need to go out and hit ISU in the mouth for themselves!

It's probably a blessing they are on the road this week! Go get a W! Leave it on the field!

SUPERBUNNY
                            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rjacks21 View Post
                              I think SDSU will need to score at least 28 to have a shot at winning this game. The Redbirds offense has been averaging nearly 30 points a game since the start of the 2010 season. I think this is going to be a very tough game. My prediction: Illinois State wins 31-14.

I don't remember red scoring a ton of points on us. If they have I blocked it out. I think we have a 50-50 chance we eaither win or we lose. I just don't see the D giving up a ton of points again 3 games in a row. But you are probably right.

Comment

Working...
                              X