Here's the two QB's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's the two QB's

Austin Sumner--It seems like he would be first on the depth chart.

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...&Q_SEASON=2011

Jordan Thomas--I would guess is the back-up.

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...&Q_SEASON=2011

Go Jacks!
    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Re: Here's the two QB's

Isnt there Kline a freshman who got high reviews?
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
      Isnt there Kline a freshman who got high reviews?
      Redshirted. And I don't think Stig doesn't want to burn his redshirt
      "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

I would like to start a pool........how long until the next QB gets thrown under the bus because the D sucks worse than the QB? $1 pick the calander day and the closest gets the pot!

Good luck Austin or Thomas..... Hope you have grown mentaly in the last year and a half. You will need it.

Comment

Originally posted by 2o1o View Post
          I would like to start a pool........how long until the next QB gets thrown under the bus because the D sucks worse than the QB? $1 pick the calander day and the closest gets the pot!

Good luck Austin or Thomas..... Hope you have grown mentaly in the last year and a half. You will need it.
          DO it. I think one week max. A message to Austin Sumner: Enjoy this week as come Satuday we will have all kinds of critics telling you that you are throwing off the wrong foot, and blah blah blah.

Comment

I have to say, I don't think there is anything wrong with critiquing a student athlete's play. But it has to be in context. Sumner is a 19-year-old college sophomore who will, no doubt do everything he can to win and to get better along the way.
            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I know our defense was responsible for most of the pick 6's while the receivers were responsible for the other ones. TOB decided to quite because of this forum, no other reason. Time to shut this website down, its clearly having way too much influence.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                I know our defense was responsible for most of the pick 6's while the receivers were responsible for the other ones. TOB decided to quite because of this forum, no other reason. Time to shut this website down, its clearly having way too much influence.
                You are absolutely right.

The defense should not be held accountable for their play so far this season.
                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

These posts are getting old and lack any sort of perspective.

TOB was a 3rd year starting QB who has regressed at a startling pace, while Sumner will be making his first start as a college QB and is a RS Freshman. Fans weren't harping on TOB's play as a freshman and most still supported him as the starter through his Sophomore season, but eventually you need to show some improvement or you are going to lose favor with the fans. Quit acting as if TOB had one bad game and the fans suddenly turned on him, because the fact is his overall body of work more than warranted his demotion.

And yes, the defense has looked awful and I'm not going to defend their play in the last two games, but lets not forget 4 touchdowns this year they had nothing to do with and those kind momentum killers do nothing to help a struggling defense.
                  If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                  - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                    So you saying that the only disparaging things ever said about TOB were on this forum. He never heard the boos at games, the chants for Sumner, friends never told him what other people had said, never caught wind that Stig had to defend him at most press conferences, never noticed the how people acted around him on campus......that the only negative things were always on this board?

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                      You are absolutely right.

I never said they shouldn't be. They will be there at practice today, tomorrow and in uniform on Saturday (if injury doesn't prevent them). I'll be cheering for them and hope they correct the correctable and play their best. I think they have been doing that. I thought the same about Mr. O'Brien but given his decision I wonder about that. Was his heart not in it sooner than yesterday?

Stig told the crowd in Sioux Falls today the Sumner gets the start. Perhaps that was mentioned. I hope we play better than we have a better showing.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros
                        DO it. I think one week max. A message to Austin Sumner: Enjoy this week as come Satuday we will have all kinds of critics telling you that you are throwing off the wrong foot, and blah blah blah.
                        [QOUTE=SF_Rabbit_Fan]You are absolutely right.

The defense should not be held accountable for their play so far this season.[/QUOTE]

You all are right. We are such a bunch of meanies on this board. Hey while you are patting yourselves on the backs for being such good wonderful people and being so tender with these young children, maybe you could tilt your heads down a bit and realize that they also do a LOT of adult things and ARE NOT ABOVE CRITICISM JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE COLLEGE ATHLETES. TAKE OFF THE KIDDIE GLOVES FOR CRYING OUT LOUD. I won't go into details of what most of them are doing but if any of you have any memories of what you did in college then you damn well remember what most students do in college that is ADULT, and if you are legally considered an adult, do things that are adult, and are smart enough to vote like an adult, then you are an adult. Similar to the saying of if it smells like ****, looks like ****, and tastes like ****, then it is probably ****. I would like to clarify that I am not calling any student athletes ****, I am just using a metaphor for all over sensitive posters out there.
                        Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

if you haven' seen them look in the time for a change thread and see the stats I put there on TOB. posts 28 and I think 26. you can see the downhill slide. from those you can see that TOB had maybe, counting his slide, had about 8 carries for a plus 13 or so yards in two seasons and three games. not a mobile qb. granted it was against the ninth unit of Illinois's defense but at least Sumner has one carry for about eight positive yards and he dove for the first down, didn't make it but none the less. whats this all mean. I have no effing clue. it's early and I'm just typing to kill time before my shower for work. carry on.

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                            [QOUTE=SF_Rabbit_Fan]You are absolutely right.

You all are right. We are such a bunch of meanies on this board. Hey while you are patting yourselves on the backs for being such good wonderful people and being so tender with these young children, maybe you could tilt your heads down a bit and realize that they also do a LOT of adult things and ARE NOT ABOVE CRITICISM JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE COLLEGE ATHLETES. TAKE OFF THE KIDDIE GLOVES FOR CRYING OUT LOUD. I won't go into details of what most of them are doing but if any of you have any memories of what you did in college then you damn well remember what most students do in college that is ADULT, and if you are legally considered an adult, do things that are adult, and are smart enough to vote like an adult, then you are an adult. Similar to the saying of if it smells like ****, looks like ****, and tastes like ****, then it is probably ****. I would like to clarify that I am not calling any student athletes ****, I am just using a metaphor for all over sensitive posters out there.[/QUOTE]
                            Shame on me, I would give myself negative points if I could.

Comment

Working...
                            X