X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thomas O'Brien Quit the Team

According to TV's Twitter account: https://twitter.com/#!/TerryVandrovec

Wow!
    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Re: Thomas O'Brien Quit the Team

Stig just mentioned it on his Weekly radio show.

Comment

Looks like Sumner gets the start.

http://bit.ly/nCPLQf
      I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Heard it on the Stig Radio Show as well.

Though I felt we needed to move in a different direction with the QB position, it certainly had nothing to do with Thomas O'Brien the person. I wish him the best and grateful for the time he has given to the Jackrabbit football team.
        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
        - Steven Wright

Comment

OH My. Are you kidding me? I didn't see this coming, at all.

Comment

Sad. I feel sorry for him. I hate how most of the blame got thrown on him. I hope he is happy and can enjoy the rest of his education, whatever he does. I can't even blame him; I would have quit too.
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Looks like those begging for change got their way. Are all you guys happy now?

btw thanks to TOB for all your efforts.

Comment

Wow. He gave his time, he could have just manned up and said "go ahead and bench me, coach, I will do whatever I can to help this team. If my number gets called again, it gets called again."
                With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                  Looks like we got the change that everyone was begging for. Are all you guys happy now? I am not. Do u suppose he read this message board?
                  Seriously?? I wish him the best but we don't need a guy like this on the team. Say what you want, he's a quitter.
                  "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                    Seriously?? I wish him the best but we don't need a guy like this on the team. Say what you want, he's a quitter.
                    If he's not happy, why should he keep doing it? If I was doing something by choice that didn't make me happy, I would quit. You've never quit anything in your life? He worked his ass off and finally had enough of the bull****. Good for him. I hope he does something that makes him happy.
                    Originally posted by JackFan96
                    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                      And you are not a quitter I suppose? Dont know you but you seem awfully brave. How about putting on the pads, lets see what you can do!!!!

Comment

And you are not a quitter I suppose? Dont know you but you seem awfully brave. How about putting on the pads, lets see what you can do!!!!
                        I don't have the ability to play college athletics, not by a long shot. The things in life I am capable of doing, I don't quit at. Your turn.
                        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

If he feels he can't do it anymore he should quit. And shouldn't be kicked in the a$$ out the door for making that decision. There's worse things than being a quitter-- sometimes it's the right thing to do.

Comment

Now this is just silly. TOB quit, unexpected and unfortunate. Let's rally behind Sumner, and get some momentum rolling.

Comment

I agree with the catrabbit. Frankly I think there most be more going on in the locker room. Apparently not everyone was all in. If Sumner wasnt all in in practice there is a reason he wasnt on the field. If TOB just doesnt want to play is one thing, but I put this on the coaches they didnt handle it very well knowing how bad he was struggling. Hope he continues his education, if he transfers, hope he find a good fit for him where ever he goes. I know i wasnt very impressed with his game, but not expecting or wanting this. I wonder if he he feels like the team and fans bailed on him, or if the team will feel like he bailed on them. What ever is going on in that locker room, its not going well.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                              X