Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A poll on primary MVFC rival NDSU's scheduling practices...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A poll on primary MVFC rival NDSU's scheduling practices...

NDSU's scheduling: This week the Buyzone face off against "bye" and ESPN predicts NDSU in a close one. NDSU opponents the prior two weekends were real cupcakes and they beat the snot out of the Moorhead Home for the Infirm and the Mountain (ND) Fightin' Icelander's 60-and-over squad. So what say you about Bison scheduling: smart, saavy, designed to get an extra home game and take advantage of admirable home attendance? Wimpy? Maybe smart and wimpy at the same time?
    Smart, saavy...
    10.26%
    Wimps!
    7.69%
    Smart, saavy but still wimpy!
    76.92%
    None of the above.
    5.13%

The poll is expired.

Re: A poll on primary MVFC rival NDSU's scheduling practices...

With next year starting the rotation of SIU and YSU for the Dakota schools and replacing one with USD their schedule will be so weak that they will be a team that has to win 8 games to get at large consideration for the playoffs. THATS how weak their OOC schedule is.
    Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
      With next year starting the rotation of SIU and YSU for the Dakota schools and replacing one with USD their schedule will be so weak that they will be a team that has to win 8 games to get at large consideration for the playoffs. THATS how weak their OOC schedule is.
      We play both SIU and YSU in 2012 and 2013, oddly we won't play WIU though.

Comment

Very smart by the Bison (though I had to go with the wimpy too, and most Bison fans wouldn't disagree). If you can bring in cupcakes that count, have 6 home games almost every year, and schedule these opponents early so they still draw 17k+ attendance, then you are doing it right. SDSU would be using this schedule model if we could afford it, but I don't expect that till we get the new stadium built.

Also, both teams schedules could have looked different if it wasn't for a few opponents falling through. The Jacks were trying to bring in Morgan State for the opener, but couldn't quite settle on the price so SUU replaced them, and the Bison were suppose to bring in current #1 ranked Georgia Southern to the Fargodome instead of St. Francis, but GSU bought out that contract.
        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
        - Steven Wright

Comment

I'm thinking smart and wimpy. Cupcake schedule and playing indoors. Didn't NDSU win a handful of championships when they were playing a more difficult schedule outdoors? Hmmm...
          You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

The early trend begs a look-alike-post. "I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a cupcake today."

Comment

bison.jpg+cupcake.jpg=xtrophy.jpg
              You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]301[/ATTACH]+[ATTACH=CONFIG]302[/ATTACH]=[ATTACH=CONFIG]303[/ATTACH]
                Good way to make the 20 team play-offs tho.

Comment

Yeah, I'll echo prior sentiment.

Smart and wimpy.

What the heck, as long as the cupcakes they bring in are counters, it's a smart thing to do, gets the veterans time to gel with the new guys.

I wonder how much they are paying these teams to come to Fargo?

Keep in mind though, they only had 2 cupcakes to start the year because Georgia Southern backed out late last year, so a cupcake was pretty much all they could get by that time.

Edit - oh, I see while finishing reading through the thread, Kemo already mentioned the GSU buyout.
                  "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

With the Team makers bringing in the cash, much more than in Rabbit Nation, they pretty much cover the football budget and other budgets as well, so the Minnesota guarentee money would be enough to pay the two guarentees to Lafayette and St Francis assuming they were about 200k each. St Francis has 26 full rides for football, so I thinking UM-Duluth or Northwest Missouri, could have beaten St Francis. I don't know how many full rides Lafayette has but probably not many more than St Francis. These schools schimp on football in order to get their cut of the pie from the big dance. This schedule works for NDSU, but SDSU needs to keep taking on the powerful and collecting the cash. I had heard that SDSU paid 180k for the one and done with SUU. Is this correct, or did I swallow some coffee talk hook line and sinker.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                      Good way to make the 20 team play-offs tho.
                      Not this year. Bison will go to bed October 22 sulking about their fourth loss of the season. (Okay, I wrote that before the Cal Poly game started. )
                      Last edited by JackJD; 09-17-2011, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                        With the Team makers bringing in the cash, much more than in Rabbit Nation, they pretty much cover the football budget and other budgets as well, so the Minnesota guarentee money would be enough to pay the two guarentees to Lafayette and St Francis assuming they were about 200k each. St Francis has 26 full rides for football, so I thinking UM-Duluth or Northwest Missouri, could have beaten St Francis. I don't know how many full rides Lafayette has but probably not many more than St Francis. These schools schimp on football in order to get their cut of the pie from the big dance. This schedule works for NDSU, but SDSU needs to keep taking on the powerful and collecting the cash. I had heard that SDSU paid 180k for the one and done with SUU. Is this correct, or did I swallow some coffee talk hook line and sinker.
                        Lafayette probably offers around 50-60 scholarships, the Patriot League goes about things a bit differently than most FCS leagues though using a hybrid model of scholarships and need-based aid. The Patriot League schools for the most part actually place a very high value on football, a few schools do skimp but Lafayette certainly isn't one of them.

Comment

Lafayette went 2-9 last year. The Patriot League has no FCS champions and only two apearances in FCS championship games. Was it white or pink frosting with sprinkles on that cupcake?
                          Last edited by Prairiehaas; 09-18-2011, 08:33 AM. Reason: deficient keyboarding skills

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
                            Lafayette probably offers around 50-60 scholarships, the Patriot League goes about things a bit differently than most FCS leagues though using a hybrid model of scholarships and need-based aid. The Patriot League schools for the most part actually place a very high value on football, a few schools do skimp but Lafayette certainly isn't one of them.
                            They aren't scholarships. Not athletic ones that need to be reported anyways, so I want to know how you came up with 50-60 scholarships, because if you are looking at it as including academic grants and scholarships as athletic ones, then I would bet you that SDSU and NDSU are actually closer to 80 scholarships through things like the Jackrabbit Guarantee and such.
                            Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                              They aren't scholarships. Not athletic ones that need to be reported anyways, so I want to know how you came up with 50-60 scholarships, because if you are looking at it as including academic grants and scholarships as athletic ones, then I would bet you that SDSU and NDSU are actually closer to 80 scholarships through things like the Jackrabbit Guarantee and such.
                              Some schools do report them to the NCAA. The NCAA lets them play vs FBS teams as bowl counters meaning that they need somewhere around 57 equivalencies. You can't really compare these schools to most of the FCS, they are small but have massive endowments.

Lafayette has a football budget that exceeds $4 million, which is 2x SDSU's football budget.

Comment

Working...
                              X