X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cal Poly

http://www.gopoly.com/index.php?p=sp...icle_id=106811

Re: Cal Poly

The FrenchMedical Center whatever Cal Poly football team? Are their warmups scrubs?

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
      The FrenchMedical Center whatever Cal Poly football team? Are their warmups scrubs?
      A wierd way to honor a large donor.

Comment

Well this much is for sure, if we tackle as poorly as we did against Illinois it will be a long day for the Jacks.

Cal Poly is going to come in and try to run the triple option down our throats.

Their main rushers are:

QB Andre Broadous (6'0" 205) 35 carries, 110 yards, 3.1 ave
        FB Jake Romanelli (6'3" 240lbs) 27 carries, 133 yards, 4.9 ave

They have 2 very good defensive, all-american caliber defenders:
        CB Asa Jackson (5'10" 185)
        DE Gavin Cooper (6'3" 242)

*Side Note: When we last played Cal Poly in 2009, our starting QB Ryan Crawford went down with injury and current starter Thomas O'Brien saw his first action as a Jackrabbit. Jake Steffen also went down with a knee injury in that game.

*The weather shouldn't have any effect. As of today, the high for Saturday in San Luis Obispo is 69 degrees.

Comment

If we can run the ball better them and have equal or less turnovers, it should be a Jackrabbit win. SUU game was encouraging for our defense against the spread offense, but the Jacks really were not tested in the run that game, so that remains a big question mark.

Obviously QB play is important in every game, but I think that has been touched on a little bit in a different thread.
          If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
          - Steven Wright

Comment

Heading out there tomorrow and looking forward to the trip. It is a beautiful part of the country and having J. Lohr right there is certainly an added bonus. I only caught the very end of Stig's talk yesterday. He mentioned that Cal-Poly will line up on D and hit you straight on. No gimmicks or stunts just beat the man in front of you or fill a gap, whatever you are suppose to do. Offense is quite different, lots of schemes, motion, and misdirection. Our guys will have to be disciplined and cover, tackle much better than we did against Illinois or it could get ugly.

TOB will get the start and unless he gets hurt I suspect he'll play the whole game. I think that is okay. I would really like to see Austin get a chance if TOB is struggling but it certainly isn't my call. I'll be cheering loudly either way.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Tackling is the one thing that worries me a bit. This team can be very inconsistent in that area going back to last year. I remember how Indiana St ran all over us with out us wrapping up.

In the Illinois game it was pretty awful although I feel some that falls on the fact that they were on the field way too much because of the inept offense. Dirk Kool and Bo Helm stick out as guys who have missed on several tackles these first 2 games.

I think the big, somewhat obvious keys to this game are:
              -Wrap-up
              -No big gains (Don't fall for any mis-direction counter runs)
              -Turnovers to a minimum

I wouldn't mind seeing RC Kilgore get on the field a little more, he has been great on special teams this year making almost every tackle.

Comment

As always I looked forward to playing SDSU. Great program and great, classy fans who know football.

Should be a very physical game that wont be decided until the late in the 4th quarter. Cal Poly's back is against the wall after losses to the other SDSU and Montana. Hope everyone that makes the trip has a good time and the both teams come away healthy.

Comment

I personally like this game on the Jacks schedule. I hope Poly and the Jacks continue to schedule non conference games in the future. It gives the players and fans from Jackrabbit land an opportunity to travel and visit your area. I've been there a number of times although it was years ago. Beautiful part of our country.

Looking at stats and rosters it appears the Jacks are considerably bigger on both sides of the line. Hopefully that will be to our advantage. I look for the Jacks to run, run, run. When they are tired of running we will run some more. Couple of quality backs for the Jacks. Zenner and Kool will be tough to handle. I hope? Thanks for the kind words SloStang. Hope for a quality effort from both teams. Best of luck in the future in the big sky.

GBGBGJ

Comment

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=205271202

Comment

Tyler Merriam tweeted some injury notes for the game:

Preliminary reports are Cal Poly will be without 3-year starting LG Maurice McClure and preseason all-American DE Gavin Cooper on Saturday.
                      @jackrabbitden Daughters' season is over. Feller DNP last week, he'll be examined today. Kennedy missed Sat w/concussion, he'll play.
                      twitter.com/tylermerriam

Those look to be some game changing injuries for Cal Poly.

Tyler also mentioned that Cal Poly's QB, Andre Broadus, is cousins with Snoop Dogg (Calvin Broadus).

Comment

Injuries aside, I think the Jacks should feel good about their chances to win this game. The Jacks should have have beaten Southern Utah handily and were within a couple of mistakes of doing so. Forget that Illinois disaster. Cal Poly presents a favorable matchup. It's time for the team restore its confidence and win.
                        This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by SloStang View Post
                          As always I looked forward to playing SDSU. Great program and great, classy fans who know football.

Should be a very physical game that wont be decided until the late in the 4th quarter. Cal Poly's back is against the wall after losses to the other SDSU and Montana. Hope everyone that makes the trip has a good time and the both teams come away healthy.
                          Good to hear from you SloStang - I love the match up with Cal Poly too as the fans and program are great. I attended the last time we played in California and although the result isn't what we wanted, the experience and fans were fantastic.

Any insight into whether we will be able to pick up a video feed of the game this weekend? Our press release says a video stream will be available at gopoly.com, but when i look there now it doesn't look like there is a link to a stream on the schedule.
                          "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

- Coaches show tonight with Stig on main street of the Union. T-shirts and posters givne to those that ask questions. 6-7 tonight. Listen on ksdjradio.com and 90.7 FM in the Brookings Area
                            Sports Lounge TV Show: http://www.youtube.com/user/tlk23?feature=mhee
                            Sports Block Radio Show: http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=subject%3A"Sports+Block"

Comment

Please start the game out with a play action pass. Please?
                              "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Working...
                              X