This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's No Question Now!

I'm gonna beat Coyote Fan to the punch on this one. Now that the Yotes have taken down the Defending National Champs who were rated #1 going into the game they are officially ahead of the jacks. Only the 4th year of transition too.

Re: There's No Question Now!

Kind of a foolish post Quadriga. You need to have a winning season before you crow too loudly. The win at Minnesota is more impressive to me, but that didn't translate into a successful season did it? Regardless, impressive win for the Yotes. Congrats.

Comment

Today was a good win for USD but I think Quadriga has "selective memory". SDSU beat the #1 ranked FCS team in the nation who thought they were going to get invited to a bowl game during our transition. It is a good win but we've been there and done that too.

Comment

LOL, this post took longer to appear than I thought. Darn good win for USD, and I'm sure it makes it sweeter for Yote fans that SDSU laid an egg on the same day, but lets at least get a little farther into the season shall we. Last season there was plenty of chirping early, but I don't remember hearing anything after late October.
        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
        - Steven Wright

Comment

In SDSU's 4th year of transition, they won the Great West conference, going 4-0. Come back at the end of the year so we can see if we can make it 'official'.

Comment

Originally posted by el_presidente View Post
            Today was a good win for USD but I think Quadriga has "selective memory". SDSU beat the #1 ranked FCS team in the nation who thought they were going to get invited to a bowl game during our transition. It is a good win but we've been there and done that too.
            Ha ha ha, what he said. We did it first, poor little Yotes still following us around.

Comment

They really are the little brother. I did it too, so that makes me better!
              Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

I mentioned this in another thread. USD had 20 starters back this year. Lots of seniors. Next year, the cupboard is going to be very bare in Vermillion. But beating EWU is a great win, no doubt.
                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by Quadriga View Post
                  I'm gonna beat Coyote Fan to the punch on this one. Now that the Yotes have taken down the Defending National Champs who were rated #1 going into the game they are officially ahead of the jacks. Only the 4th year of transition too.
                  Correct. Stick with this logic, it will take you far.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

So this dipsh!t comes on the smack thread once a year to stir the pot. Go away.

Comment

This is it? The best shot you got? This whole thing is getting old and redundant. Good win for the players and coaching staff. Is that a wrap for the season then? Win the Great West then come-a-calling at least then you might be on equal footing. SDSU beat the undefeated end of the season #1 Bison(Who had beaten an FBS team or was it two?). You beat a beginning of the year doubt-they-make-the-playoffs EWU, close the deal, and maybe I'll give some credit. Research and effort by Yotes fans? Fail.
                      With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Yes, a very good win for USD. There's no doubt about that. Still, you might get the impression they just beat the '85 Bears.

A knowledgeble fan of college football knows that a pre-season #1 rarely finishes the season in (or near) that spot. Do we really know how good EW is this year yet? No. For that matter, do we know how good SUU is? They had an impressive win last weekend after taking a loss at SDSU. Time will tell with all these teams (including SDSU and USD).

Comment

Let's see. The Yoties get to play the Jacks in football again next year and currently are ranked No. 23. (The Jacks have been in the top 10 and been in the playoffs.) Obviously, USD has met all its goals now, so in the future it can revert back to its normal status of being a sub-.500 team with a typically weak following and a tin can of a home field. What was USD's record last year, not counting moral victories. 4-7, I believe. That's about right. That probably will be the norm for the program, going forward. But they get to play the Jacks every year, so all is right in Vermillion. I'm glad SDSU has loftier ambitions than just playing the Coyotes.
                          This space for lease.

Comment

No reason to take anything away from USD for what is a great win and was a dominant performance. I think they are very deserving of a top 25 ranking. No need to speculate about what would happen if SDSU played USD in FB this year as that isn't going to happen. Nearly impossible to gauge where either program is relative to the other given the ever changing face of college FB. Fact is SDSU has won a conference title and made the playoffs at the DI level. USD is trying to do the same. So, there remains many questions that will be answered soon enough.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                              No reason to take anything away from USD for what is a great win and was a dominant performance. I think they are very deserving of a top 25 ranking. No need to speculate about what would happen if SDSU played USD in FB this year as that isn't going to happen. Nearly impossible to gauge where either program is relative to the other given the ever changing face of college FB. Fact is SDSU has won a conference title and made the playoffs at the DI level. USD is trying to do the same. So, there remains many questions that will be answered soon enough.
                              Well said Doc...and with that, I think this thread should leave it right there.

Comment

Working...
                              X