Footballl Concession Fiasco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Footballl Concession Fiasco

I have posted on this before and wanted to get some discussion going again and maybe something will eventuially happen. I realize the new stadium will have multiple concession options on both grandstands, but in the interim we are not IMHO maximizing concession dollars. The lines at half time were 30 deep and I know many like me gave up and went back to my seats. I think some of the problem is not enough concessions, but wonder if efficiency also plays a role in terms of how people assets are being used at the point of sale protocal etc. With the new stands I did not see the brat/hamburger stand on the southeast side. I think it's safe to say we were anticipating 10,000 + and so maybe it just is what it is until a new stadium is built, but for a school and program that needs to generate as many dollars possible especially when you have a captive audience at the venue it's frustrating. Frost is no different for a large crowd and they no longer have the concessions open on the floor level.
    Last edited by JACKGUYII; 09-05-2011, 02:34 PM.

Re: Footballl Concession Fiasco

I did see a concession stand at the northeast side of the field, but I don't think anyone on that side saw it. Didn't really see anyone waiting in line over there.
    Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Just one more reason why Coughlin needs to be rebuilt. Sooner rather than later.
      You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Was it worth it?
        "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
        -Leo Rosten

Comment

What i mean by that is. You say leaving the stand is costing your group a lot of money. Question is, was the loss of income worth the stand on principle you made?
          "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
          -Leo Rosten

Comment

EQ- what are you talking about? Did someone delete a comment?
            Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Wow, sounds like a marketing major, entrepreneur, or a time & motion guri could really do something with this.

Folks in line with their money in hand going back to their seats. $$$ Lost

But then, nothing is as simple as it seems!

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                EQ- what are you talking about? Did someone delete a comment?
                This.
                Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Could be talking about the statement made by JackguytII by walking back to seat without because the concession line was too long?
                  You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

There was a comment deleted.

Someone on here wrote something that the SDSU meat folks don't have their concessions available in the south endzone anymore due to them not making the same amount of money as they used to because of a concession 'situation'. I won't say anymore because I think I know why it was deleted.

EQ guy was asking if it was still worth it that they stopped selling. The SDSU meat group probably has less income because they don't have these profits. So, the question asked, was it worth it that they stopped selling or do they think they regret it.

My only question for EQ guy is if 'principle' is money related or if he's asking if they should still do it based on their 'principles' as a group even with the concession 'situation'.

That was confusing, but the best I could do.
                    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                      There was a comment deleted. Someone on here wrote something that the SDSU meat folks don't have their concessions available in the south endzone anymore due to them not making the same amount of money as they used to because of a concession 'situation'. I won't say anymore because I think I know why it was deleted. EQ guy was asking if it was still worth it that they stopped selling. The SDSU meat group probably has less income because they don't have these profits. So, the question asked, was it worth it that they stopped selling or do they think they regret it. My only question for EQ guy is if 'principle' is money related or if he's asking if they should still do it based on their 'principles' as a group even with the concession 'situation'. That was confusing, but the best I could do.
                      Yes there was a comment that the meats dept pulled out because of a perceived jerking around by aramark.The commented said a lot of money was lost and my question was regarding he value in losing a major funding source due to a disagreement. I have been on both sides of the coin (stood up on principle and continued on through dissatisfaction) and wondered how the group felt about it today.
                      -Leo Rosten

Comment

Here's one guy who would have walked across the field to get a brat because the concessions under the grandstands were ridiculously long. They NEED to get more windows open somewhere for the next home game. It was crazy with 10.5K, I can't imagine what 14K would look like against NDSU with the same setup.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                          Here's one guy who would have walked across the field to get a brat because the concessions under the grandstands were ridiculously long. They NEED to get more windows open somewhere for the next home game. It was crazy with 10.5K, I can't imagine what 14K would look like against NDSU with the same setup.
                          Concessions are a joke- my philosophy-LOAD UP AT THE TAILGATE

Comment

I vote for the SDSU Meat Science Club.

Looks like a "605" situation to me!

Comment

Concessions was definitely a 605. Where were the guys walking up and down just selling sodas?
                              With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Working...
                              X