• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southern Utah - Gameday Thread

Woo, game day is finally here!

Go Jacks!

Re: Southern Utah - Gameday Thread

A group of us are on our way to tailgate right now! Quick question: I haven't been back to SDSU for a football game with the new tailgating areas. Where is the best place to set up shop?
    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

This game is one dumb pass interference penalty away from being a shutout. 9-7 jacks at half. Like the defense so far. Yardage difference is significant difference, score is not. Let's get this W.

Comment

Weird game so far. Jacks moving the ball, seem to be in control, have forced a progression of three and outs, but are only up two.

Comment

Jackrabbits need to learn to put opponents away.

Comment

29-28. Started following via Collegian at the top of the fourth quarter and almost threw my netbook against the wall. Ever since the Montana game I seem to be putting on the curse when I start following later in the game.

Comment

Lesson learned,no lead is completely safe and every single point counts( missed PAT and going for two instead of taking the one)

Comment

Game seemed like a good venue for an underwear stand. Was the crowd consistently in it?

Comment

One thing I think TOB should come away with is trying too hard to make something out of a busted play(the high snap he had to garner ,which gave the defender the extra time to creep closer to the intended receiver for the pick 6).It's better in the long run to not force anything that starts out wrong to begin with,make them go through a long field thru a tough defense for a TD,it eats up the clock and doesn't give them as much momentum as getting a much needed quick score.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                    One thing I think TOB should come away with is trying too hard to make something out of a busted play(the high snap he had to garner ,which gave the defender the extra time to creep closer to the intended receiver for the pick 6).It's better in the long run to not force anything that starts out wrong to begin with,make them go through a long field thru a tough defense for a TD,it eats up the clock and doesn't give them as much momentum as getting a much needed quick score.
                    I think that is one of those calls where after the play you say he shouldn't have thrown it. And yeah he probably shouldn't have, but I question the play call in the first place. You are in control of the game, you are running all over them and you run one of those plays that is high risk, little reward. If you are going to pass, why not go deep?

Comment

Well that was my near coronary for the month.

All in all, glad to come away with the W.

Kool can move, Zenner can move. I think we'll be alright at RB.

TOB had 2 picks but only the one was bad, IMO.

Hubert is the man. Stig said in post game press Daughters injury look serious and may miss rest of season.

I can't seem to find TV's live chat replay...anyone help?
                      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Also, did anyone get an attendance number? We must have gotten over 10k but maybe just short of the 11 to 12k they were expecting?
                        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

it was a little over 10K.....

Daughters injury will hurt as they aren't very deep at TE and he is pretty good

Comment

After every incompletion there was a group of students that would chant "We want Sumner! We want Sumner!" so after every nice play TOB would make (there was a lot) I would start chanting "We want Sumner! We want Sumner!" and I almost got into a fight because of it. good times.
                            Originally posted by JackFan96
                            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                              Stig noted that on post game. Said 2 bad things make a really bad thing, sometimes you just have to take the bad thing. TOB was looked ok when he wasn't trying to force something.
                              You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Working...
                              X