Usd 605

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Usd 605

VERMILLION, S.D. – The University of South Dakota Athletic Department announced a new “605” merchandise campaign featuring its new SD Paw logo inside a red and white image of the numbers. The numbers represent the phone area code of the state which the Coyotes initially are claiming with their color combination.

What the heck does this mean. They are claiming the area code for themselves and bypassing the legislature and making the state colors red and white instead of the blue and yellow it is already? Does SDSU now have to apply and get a new area code? Does the phone company know about this? Holy Hijack.

Re: Usd 605

Laugh. Out. Loud.
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

I'm guessing that is the goal of people to "get interested" in Coyote athletics. (too snarky?!)

Comment

I believe this is to remind people that Vermillion and USD are still in South Dakota....or at least that's what they claim...I still say they are part of Nebraska.....
        With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
          I believe this is to remind people that Vermillion and USD are still in South Dakota....or at least that's what they claim...I still say they are part of Nebraska.....
          This latest campaign will be another failed attempt to find a niche. USD's latest attempt "USD, we want to be like SDSU just not as good" isn't working well. This is largely because the previous motto "USD we want to be the best DII school in the midwest" or the "Harvard/Princeton of the DII Prairie" campaign was undermined by the hypocrisy of the "South Dakota's Team" pitch. Take a look at their rosters, they ain't South Dakota's team. Personally, I look forward to seeing this dumpster fire get even more out-of-hand.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
            This latest campaign will be another failed attempt to find a niche. USD's latest attempt "USD, we want to be like SDSU just not as good" isn't working well. This is largely because the previous motto "USD we want to be the best DII school in the midwest" or the "Harvard/Princeton of the DII Prairie" campaign was undermined by the hypocrisy of the "South Dakota's Team" pitch. Take a look at their rosters, they ain't South Dakota's team. Personally, I look forward to seeing this dumpster fire get even more out-of-hand.
            In all honesty, I think they should have stuck with the South Dakotas team campaign. All the other ones were just lame IMO. If SDSU made a marketing campiagn like that, I would be embaressed.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I thought "605" represented the number of actual fans (you know...butts in seats, not their announced attendance) at their first home football game - now I'm confused?
              "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                I thought "605" represented the number of actual fans (you know...butts in seats, not their announced attendance) at their first home football game - now I'm confused?
                That was actually funny.
                Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

What? USD already gave up on this new beauty?

USD.jpg
                  You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

605 goes on their shirts for the same reason L and R go on their shoes.
                    @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                    --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Really? That doesn't seem at all backwards or hickish. "South Dakota's only got one area code, and it belongs to USD. The Harvard of the Hicks"

BTW: the 605 area code was kind of a testimony to the irrelevance of South Dakota. In the rotary dial days, more important zip codes got very short dial sequences (2-1-2 = 5 clicks on a rotary phone, 3-1-2 = 6, etc.)

South Dakota's 605 had a whopping 21 clicks in its sequence which was tied with North Carolina, South Carolina and the Maritimes for the most clicks in the sequence.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                        Really? That doesn't seem at all backwards or hickish. "South Dakota's only got one area code, and it belongs to USD. The Harvard of the Hicks"

BTW: the 605 area code was kind of a testimony to the irrelevance of South Dakota. In the rotary dial days, more important zip codes got very short dial sequences (2-1-2 = 5 clicks on a rotary phone, 3-1-2 = 6, etc.)

South Dakota's 605 had a whopping 21 clicks in its sequence which was tied with North Carolina, South Carolina and the Maritimes for the most clicks in the sequence.

That was some of the most useless knowledge ever, yet kind of interesting. Thanks!
                        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

I bet they plan on invading Pierre, laying claim to the capital. Then they can change the colors on the state flag from blue and gold to red and white. They immediately kick the Brookings area from the state and give it to Minnesota. They ban the use of SDSU in the state of South Dakota, even if using in the context of San Diego State. USD also then bans the use of any blue and yellow color combinations in any sports teams, forcing all schools that use them to now use red and white. They take over Dakota State University in Madison so there is no confusion with USD, since they use the same letters. They rename them Southeastern University of Central Dakota, change their mascot to a fluffy bunny, and schedule them twice a year in football just to pound the heck out of them.

Comment

Hey, at least it's not 666.

Comment

So this is the campaign logo then...

Comment

Working...
                              X