X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV's week 1 Valley Teleconference

http://terryvandrovec.tumblr.com/pos...onference-8-31

Re: TV's week 1 Valley Teleconference

I don't like going into the season with to hight expectations, but the constant no stars comment sounds a little deflating. nothing like working your butt off to get to play and the coach says none of you are stars. I would say we are where we came into the league. A bit of an unknown. I think that as long as the team plays as a team and TOB aviods the tournovers, This team will surprise people.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
      I don't like going into the season with to hight expectations, but the constant no stars comment sounds a little deflating. nothing like working your butt off to get to play and the coach says none of you are stars. I would say we are where we came into the league. A bit of an unknown. I think that as long as the team plays as a team and TOB aviods the tournovers, This team will surprise people.
      I'm guessing what Stig was going for was more of no one is more important than anyone else, or the team, not that everyone sucks.
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
        I'm guessing what Stig was going for was more of no one is more important than anyone else, or the team, not that everyone sucks.
        Spot on RO, this is why he keeps speaking of a blue collar team which to me means the team is similar to a steel mill, everyone works their tail off and no one shines, but at the end of the day the work quota has been met. We won the game. BTW we have been a blue collar team since day 1 of the transition.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
          I can totally understand that, but at the same time, it still sounds like he is selling the team short. Its like a rope a dope technique, just a little different. Protect your self where you are not going to get hurt and then at the right time turn and wail on the tired opponent.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

If anyone wants, you can subscribe to the MVC teleconference via this link

http://www.valley-football.org/news/...74/free-audio/

If you click on the "Add to iTunes" link it will make the teleconference a weekly podcast that downloads to iTunes.
            Not a bad listen, gives you a good idea on the MVC's coaches personalities. Trent Miles of Indiana St seems a like a great guy, Farley from UNI... Not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
              If anyone wants, you can subscribe to the MVC teleconference via this link

http://www.valley-football.org/news/...74/free-audio/

If you click on the "Add to iTunes" link it will make the teleconference a weekly podcast that downloads to iTunes.
              Not a bad listen, gives you a good idea on the MVC's coaches personalities. Trent Miles of Indiana St seems a like a great guy, Farley from UNI... Not so much.
              Pretty sure Farley and nice guy have never been used in the same sentence except if it went something like this; "Coach Farley is not a very nice guy."
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
              X