Football Gameplan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Football Gameplan

I watched the guy breakdown the Missouri Valley Conference and there were a few things that I found interesting.
    1) SDSU plays the top 4 teams at home this year. He has UNI winning the conference with NDSU 2nd, Indiana State 3rd and Southern Illinois 4th.
    2) He has SDSU picked to finish 8th. His main worries were about the offense. He questioned if SDSU has a QB that can get the ball to the receivers and he didn't know how the running game will be since they lost both of their RB's.
    I know that this guy just looks at some stats and maybe a little film so it's hard to judge but wow.

Re: Football Gameplan

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
    I watched the guy breakdown the Missouri Valley Conference and there were a few things that I found interesting.
    1) SDSU plays the top 4 teams at home this year. He has UNI winning the conference with NDSU 2nd, Indiana State 3rd and Southern Illinois 4th.
    2) He has SDSU picked to finish 8th. His main worries were about the offense. He questioned if SDSU has a QB that can get the ball to the receivers and he didn't know how the running game will be since they lost both of their RB's.
    I know that this guy just looks at some stats and maybe a little film so it's hard to judge but wow.
    Discussed the same issues earlier in a different thread. I think anyone objective and not very familiar would have the same concerns, perhaps justifiable. What he isn't appreciating is the pride and the fact that we will defend CAS. However, given the parity amongst teams that finished in the middle of the pack last year we could finish in the bottom half of the conference.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
      He has to say something....but he's essentially a one man show trying to make a buck....He probably actually reads some boards and gleans what knowledge he can from those as well. Goes off of returners, all americans, etc. and how we performed last year, now you take out the 2nd all time back out of that equation and you would probably pick against us as well. But come Saturday: WE WILL DEFEND THIS HOUSE!
      With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
        He has to say something....but he's essentially a one man show trying to make a buck....He probably actually reads some boards and gleans what knowledge he can from those as well. Goes off of returners, all americans, etc. and how we performed last year, now you take out the 2nd all time back out of that equation and you would probably pick against us as well. But come Saturday: WE WILL DEFEND THIS HOUSE!
        In listening, he knew the strengths of the T-Birds, but not of the Jacks. The only factoid he had positive on the Jacks, was our 31-10 record at CAS, so clearly a home field advantage. Jacks appear solid, and with the kind of blue-collar, not a superstar, TEAM that will come together and perform. We'll find out 9/3 evening if appearances are deceiving. IMHO, Jacks will keep their home stand with another SDSU Win.

Comment

Working...
        X