The Donovan McNabb expirement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Donovan McNabb expirement

As a lifelong Vikings fan, I fear that we could continue being the running joke of the NFL, as the place where QB's go to die. It started with Warren Moon and continues today. Once in a while, we throw in a year like 98' where the stars were all but lined up for us to win that coveted Super Bowl Title - only to be denied by those Dirty Birds from Atlanta.

We all know Brett Favre was one bad decision away from his dreams coming true and the Packers fans nightmares coming true in the very same moment. But it wasn't to be. Karma? Perhaps. (I'd like to know what I did to deserve a life sentence of being a Vikings fan)

But then I come across this - Jerry Burns. Who can forget the Burgess Meredith "look a like" steering the Viking ship. I apologize in advance if this video is offensive to some. (I wonder what thi$ would co$t him in today'$ PC NFL?!)

Anyway - sit back and enjoy Jerry at his best. (I'm sorry if this video appears elsewhere on the site - but I thought it would be an appropriate start to a thread for the 2011 Vikings Season)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNcBF...eature=related

Re: The Donovan McNabb expirement

Still my favorite Vikings coach in my lifetime. I was in at that end of the Bud Grant era but was too young to care about football then.

Comment

Did you mean experiment or has McNabb ended his career at Minnesota already?

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
        Given the age of recent Vikings' quarterbacks he may have meant expirement.

Comment

Freudian slip? Let's leave it expirement and see what happens. Hoping for experiment, but likely expirement.

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post

Comment

Originally posted by MaddogJack View Post
            But then I come across this - Jerry Burns. Who can forget the Burgess Meredith "look a like" steering the Viking ship. I apologize in advance if this video is offensive to some. (I wonder what thi$ would co$t him in today'$ PC NFL?!)

Anyway - sit back and enjoy Jerry at his best. (I'm sorry if this video appears elsewhere on the site - but I thought it would be an appropriate start to a thread for the 2011 Vikings Season)
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNcBF...eature=related
            Loved Jerry Burns...here's a coach that told it like it was.....
            With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

McNabb had TWO second-half passing yards yesterday... TWO!

In other words, there are more Kardashian Sisters than Donovan McNabb second-half passing yards.

At least the Kardashians know something about protecting their backfields.
              I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
                McNabb had TWO second-half passing yards yesterday... TWO!

In other words, there are more Kardashian Sisters than Donovan McNabb second-half passing yards.

At least the Kardashians know something about protecting their backfields.
                Ha ha. McNabb obviously is having issues right now. That's pretty funny though.
                Great moments are born from great opportunities.
                ---Herb Brooks

Comment

Perhaps they'll still win this one, down 23-20 with under 2 to go, but the Vikings find a new way to disgust their fans by blowing double digit half time leads in all 3 games so far this year.

It's pretty unbelievable.
                  "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

They just said vikes outscored 67-6 in second half this season. Sounds like a coaching issue to me
                    "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                    -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by EQguy View Post
                      They just said vikes outscored 67-6 in second half this season. Sounds like a coaching issue to me

Well at least we got rid of Childress
                      ---Herb Brooks

Comment

I dont think Mc Dabb is an experiment anymore. Sounds like failure to me. He does well with Chunky soup though.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                          I dont think Mc Dabb is an experiment anymore. Sounds like failure to me. He does well with Chunky soup though.
                          I agree...no more experiment
                          ---Herb Brooks

Comment

Saw a stat stating that the Vikes have a lead for the most minutes of any team in the league this year. Something like 173 out of 180 minutes. Still 0-3.

Anyone know where I can get a Billy Sims throw back jersey? Oh and while were on the topic of failing Minnesota teams, I'm interested in a Robin Yount jersey as well. Plenty of good Vikings and Twins gear for sale.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

McNabb has three problems: 1) Weak receiving corps outside of Harvin. 2) He doesn't care. 3) He can't hit the broad side of a barn. Season is toast. Let's see what Ponder can do.
                              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Working...
                              X