Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MVFC Preseason predictions....book 'em here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MVFC Preseason predictions....book 'em here!

Alright time to put our imaginary money where our fingers type.....pick the league top to bottom(if you want to guess records go for it)

1. SDSU(because I said so)*
    2. UNI*
    3. NDSU(face it youth turns to experience this year, yet they can't beat UNI or State.)*
    4. ISU-R(I pick the Red because they have some serious talent, could go higher......)*
    5. WIU(how the hell did they make the playoffs last year?)
    6. MSU(will play spoiler....a lot. But will lose when they should win...go figure)
    7. ISU-Blue(I could interchange the ISU's)
    8. SIU(you heard it here first, SIU spirals)
    9. YSU-It actually is pretty tough for me to put the Guins here, but I just think everybody else is better.

Yes I realize I put "hear" instead of "here" if someone could edit it, I would appreciate....damn scotch.....

Done - Rabid

* Playoff teams....yes I pick four for the playoffs! MVFC trounces everyone outside of their conference this year.
    Last edited by rabidrabbit; 07-27-2011, 08:08 AM.
    With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Re: MVFC Preseason predictions....book 'em here!

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
    Alright time to put our imaginary money where our fingers type.....pick the league top to bottom(if you want to guess records go for it)

1. SDSU(because I said so)*
    2. UNI*
    3. NDSU(face it youth turns to experience this year, yet they can't beat UNI or State.)*
    4. ISU-R(I pick the Red because they have some serious talent, could go higher......)*
    5. WIU(how the hell did they make the playoffs last year?)
    6. MSU(will play spoiler....a lot. But will lose when they should win...go figure)
    7. ISU-Blue(I could interchange the ISU's)
    8. SIU(you heard it here first, SIU spirals)
    9. YSU-It actually is pretty tough for me to put the Guins here, but I just think everybody else is better.

Yes I realize I put "hear" instead of "here" if someone could edit it, I would appreciate....damn scotch.....

Done - Rabid

* Playoff teams....yes I pick four for the playoffs! MVFC trounces everyone outside of their conference this year.
    1. UNI too much speed
    2. SDSU
    3. NDSU
    4. SIU
    5. Ill.St.
    6. Ind.St.
    7. YSU
    8. WIU
    9. MSU
    Missouri Valley is tough. Really hard to predict with so many teams so close last year. I hope we can be in the top 3!

Comment

I'll be shocked if we are in the top 4. I don't know much about the other teams but I'll take UNI and NDSU at top.
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
        I'll be shocked if we are in the top 4. I don't know much about the other teams but I'll take UNI and NDSU at top.
        I hope you're wrong. Lets remember how terrible our QB played last yr up in Fargo and the game was pretty darn close. Get em in the grass at Coughlin and I like our chances to get the Bison!

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
          As will I, but I am putting us higher than my head tells me. If I weren't acting like a homer and used my head I'd pick us fifth. Here is my guess:

1. UNI
          2. NDSU
          3. SDSU
          4. ISU-B
          5. SIU
          6. YSU
          7. ISU-R
          8. WIU
          9. MSU
          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

where's the fun if you can't be a homer? I think realistically we hit somewhere in the top 4. But I'm still picking my team to win it all because that is what you are supposed to do as a fan! Just win dammit!
            With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

where's the fun if you can't be a homer? I think realistically we hit somewhere in the top 4. But I'm still picking my team to win it all because that is what you are supposed to do as a fan! Just win dammit!
              Totally understand. I do agree we beat NDSU though. Tommy Callahan could have graduated twice almost since the last time the Bison won in Brookings.
              "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
              "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

We get UNI, NDSU, and Southern Illinois at home. We should take two out of three. We can win in Youngstown and Missiouri State. Should beat Western and Indiana State. We'll probably screw up one more, so I'm saying we lose 3 and finish third. All contingent upon TOB's play. Lets hope he shocks the world and takes control this year. Time to dream I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                  Totally understand. I do agree we beat NDSU though. Tommy Callahan could have graduated twice almost since the last time the Bison won in Brookings.
                  Tommy Callahan.......Oh, the memories. He and I were Freshmen together at Marquette for 4 years. (Not really, I was a freshman at State for 3 though, although I swear, I saw him one year at Spring Fling on the green.)

Comment

Nothing wrong with being a homer, plus optumism does not cost anything. I hope you are right in your predictions.

Comment

I do not have enough knowledge of the other schools, to make an accurate prediction.

However, I do tend to agree that NDSU and UNI are probably the top 2 schools.

And ISU Blue, I'm not so sure if they're a flash in the pan... they could actually be good. They seem to be building something there.

Comment

1. UNI - shampoo team (head & shoulders...above the rest)2. So Illinois - KDB has another year/offseason under his belt3. cows - a lot of returning talent. Dang.* * * WIDE OPEN AFTER THE TOP THREE, imo. * * *4. WIU - best of the rest? Maybe? 5. Redbirds - still have a decent amount of talent. 3rd-9th is possible.6. SDSU - this might be too high. Question marks at every position.7. Ind St - Back to Reality Tour 2012 8. YSU - won't be down forever, but still have a lot of improving to do9. Terry "Boogerpicker' Allens Mizz State

Comment

Someone has to go full homer on this thread.

1. SDSU
                          2. Everyone else
                          You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

1. UNI -- until someone wins the conference
                            2. NDSU -- ton of talent returning
                            3. SIU -- good defense returning
                            4. SDSU -- Minnett is a huge loss but Jacks always play good D
                            5. Ill State -- young team
                            6. In State -- could surprise or not
                            7. YSU -- 50 new players.....no way they play consistent
                            8. WIU -- who knows
                            9. MSU -- 8 or 9 pick it

Comment

1) NDSU
                              2) UNI
                              3) YSU
                              4) ISUb
                              5) ISUr
                              6) SDSU
                              7) SIU
                              8) MSU
                              9) WIU

I would say every team in the conference has a decent shot to make the playoffs. There will be a few big upsets this year.

Comment

Working...
                              X