POll: Helmet logo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POll: Helmet logo?

I know of no change being planned for the helmets but for a little fun (and based on comments in the "New Uniforms" thread), I thought I'd poll the board's members on what they think should be on the helmets. The poll will be up for four days (thread started Saturday afternoon -- 7/23/11).

I'm going with the current stretch SD.
    Leave 'as is'! The stretch SD.
    72.55%
    Old-school, intertwined S and D ala' San Diego Padres.
    3.92%
    "Jacks" with the rabbit ears incorporated in the J - one of the current logos.
    3.92%
    The serious rabbit looking over shoulder current logo.
    7.84%
    The running rabbit current logo.
    9.80%
    None of the above.
    1.96%

The poll is expired.

Re: POll: Helmet logo?

I prefer the stretch SD. Looks good, why fix what isn't broken? That and mascots on helmets often do not work well because of the size and complexity of the logo relative to the veiwing distance. See for example the logo NDSU uses. From a distance it looks like a bad squiggle
    You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

I'd love to see the Jacks emphasized. We're one of several SD's. SDSU is the ONLY Rabbit. Let's emphasize. Went with the the rabbit head. Though would be just as happy with the Jacks word.

I'd REALLY would like to see the Jacks word on the basketball uniform. STATE doesn't work in DI.

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
        I prefer the stretch SD. Looks good, why fix what isn't broken? That and mascots on helmets often do not work well because of the size and complexity of the logo relative to the veiwing distance. See for example the logo NDSU uses. From a distance it looks like a bad squiggle
        Agreed. When you get too busy with a logo on the helmet it looks stupid. The SD looks sharp. Its simple and large so it looks good from a distance.

Our SD is our best logo, IMO. I only buy stuff with that logo or the old school SD logo. I don't care for the rabbit logo at all.
        "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
        "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Well, I think if the helmets stay blue... you gotta stick with the Stretch SD.

But, I actually like the idea of a white helmet with the yellow runnin rabbit on there.

I did this in NCAA football 11, and they look pretty cool.

But I realize I'm in the minority.

Comment

I confess. I am the one who voted none of the above. The helment appearence does not mean much to me, its the guys wearing them that count. You hope and pray they get through the games without head injuries and you hope they win. Beyond that everything is secondary.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
              I confess. I am the one who voted none of the above. The helment appearence does not mean much to me, its the guys wearing them that count. You hope and pray they get through the games without head injuries and you hope they win. Beyond that everything is secondary.
              Of course the uniform is secondary. I think this was supposed to be a fun poll and get everyone's opinion on what they like and don't like in a uniform. Try and have a little fun this year Nidaros.

Comment

Just saw this picture of the new helmets on Matt Einspahr's Facebook page (I don't think Matt will mind if I post it here). Look closely and you can see that there is a new SD on the helmet. I put last year's in the lower right. They have significantly simplified and clarified the SD, removing the white outline and making (or leaving) more space between the lines of the letters. It looks a whole lot more clear to me. I like the SD and the only problem I had with it was that it sometimes appeared to be just a yellow blob on the helmet. This will make it more legible. Looks good, I think.

Holy nutmeg!

Comment

that logo would look great with the blue and yellow unis from last year with the yellow pants.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I just want to see the new Uni's and new logo hats on players, on the field, while playing against an opponent!
                    You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

As long as you keep the blue helmet with the yellow face mask I am on board. The stretch SD in any form is my preference.

Either color pants. I like them both!

SUPERBUNNY
                      MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

New helmet logo looks goods...as JimmyJack noted, I think it'll be more clear at a distance compared to the usual stretch SD (which I really like).

Comment

Working...
                        X