New Uniforms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Uniforms?

Does anyone know if the Jacks have new uni's this year or not. I thought there was some talk about something different this year.

Re: New Uniforms?

I believe Stig selected a new design and they will be unveiled sometime this fall.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Can we have multi-colored uniforms,with designs....all blue and mostly yellow is...quit frankly,kind of hideous.IMO
      Which begs the question,are thier NCAA uniform rules?The only one I'm vaguely familiar with is the home team wears the lighter color and the visiting team wears the dark color.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
        Can we have multi-colored uniforms,with designs....all blue and mostly yellow is...quit frankly,kind of hideous.IMO
        Which begs the question,are thier NCAA uniform rules?The only one I'm vaguely familiar with is the home team wears the lighter color and the visiting team wears the dark color.
        I don't want fancy squiggles and lightning bolts and all that crap. The uniforms are sharp the way they are. Far from hideous. Also, the home team wears the dark uniform and the visiting team wears the light in football. Thats why the Jacks wear blue jerseys at home.
        "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
        "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Aaron Rollins mentioned on Twitter that the team went through a process with uniforms this past spring, but that Stig was making the final decision this summer (even the team didn't know what he picked) and that they would possible be unveiled at Media Day in August.

And I think you might have it reversed jackdaniel, for football doesn't the home team wear dark colors and road team wear the white/lighter version? Your way would be correct for basketball...I wonder why it is different?
          "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

By rule visiting teams wears white/light. Exceptions can be made.

Contrasting Colors
            ARTICLE 3. a. Players of opposing teams shall wear jerseys of contrasting
            colors. Players on the same team shall wear jerseys of the same color and
            design.
            1. The visiting team shall wear white jerseys; however, the home team
            may wear white jerseys if the teams have agreed in writing before the
            season.
            2. If the home team wears colored jerseys, the visiting team may also
            wear colored jerseys, if and only if the following conditions have
            been satisfied:
            (a) The home team has agreed in writing prior to the game; and
            FR-32 RULE 1-4 / THE GAME, FIELD, PLAYE RS AND EQUIPMENT
            (b) The conference of the home team certifies that the jersey of the
            visiting team is of a contrasting color.
            3. If on the kickoff at the start of each half the visiting team wears a
            colored jersey in violation of the conditions specified in Rule 1-4-3-
            a-2 (above), it is a foul for unsportsmanlike conduct.
            PENALTY— Administer as a dead-ball foul. 15 yards at the succeeding
            spot after the kickoff. If the kickoff is returned for a
            touchdown, the penalty is assessed either on the try or
            on the succeeding kickoff, at the option of the home team
            [S27].
            b. A white jersey is one with only contrasting playing numbers, player’s
            name, school name, NCAA Football logo, school insignia,
            conference
            insignia, mascot insignia, game insignia, memorial insignia or the
            American flag attached. An insignia must not exceed 16 square inches
            in area (i.e., rectangle, square, parallelogram), including any additional
            material (e.g., patch). Stripes may be placed on the sleeves. A border not
            more than 1 inch wide around the collar and cuffs is permissible, as is a
            maximum 4-inch stripe along the side seam (insert from the underarm to
            pants top).
            c. If a colored jersey contains white, it may appear only as a number,
            border of a number, player’s name, school name, stripes on the sleeves,
            a border not more than 1 inch wide around the collar and cuffs, a
            maximum 4-inch stripe along the side seam (insert from the underarm to
            pants top), or as part of a legal insignia
            (Rule 1-4-3-b).
            d. If worn, gloves or hand pads must be gray in color on the back, including
            the backs of the fingers. It is strongly recommended that the palms also
            be gray; however, black on the palms is acceptable. The recommended
            shades of gray are Pantone Cool Gray 8C, Cool Gray 9C, 423C and
            430C.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
              Blue and Yellow are our school colors.

Comment

Ok if they are getting new uni's, please don't do ANYTHING like the Bison. Those are absolutely hideous, the design is a lot like the Vikings, which also suck. Someone said it earlier, too many lines and squiggles.
                Keep it simple. I personally like it when it is Blue Jersey on Yellow pants, and I also really like the white jersey, blue pant. Blue on Blue is tired and looks silly.
                I think a white pant would look good in some type of combo. I just pray they don't do a yellow jersey, wow would that look bad.

Comment

Didn't I see somewhere (maybe Aaron Rollin's Twitter feed) that they're modeled on Army's uniforms last year? I think they're like the ones on the right in this picture:

I remember watching Army last year or the year before and thinking how cool their uniforms are. Still simple. No pinstripes. Seems like I talked to Stig one time about uniforms. Not something he cares much about, but he did say he likes them simple.
                  Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I was thinking about this just the other day as I'm jonesing for the season to start. Yes, there was a mention after last season that there are going to be new jerseys. And, yes, jerseys similar to Army's were at least hinted at. That would be cool. I think our blue jersey tops are a bit dull, but I'm with everybody else. I don't want anything too busy. I hope the helmet design doesn't change. Can't really imagine it would, but I'd need to buy a bunch of new sweatshirts to reflect the difference.
                    Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

If we got a team on the field who can win, then I will be very happy. What they wear is very secondary. They should be wearing yellow and blue so we can tell them from our opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                        If we got a team on the field who can win, then I will be very happy. What they wear is very secondary. They should be wearing yellow and blue so we can tell them from our opponents.
                        The players always look forward to new equipment and if the uniforms look sharp who knows what kind of extra motivation it might bring game day. I look forward to seeing the new look!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                          You may not like it, but uniforms are a BIG deal. Websites devoted to it, blogs, etc. Do I need to say anything more than Oregon to make this point. If you look good, you feel good. You feel good, you play good. I heard it in the locker room a million times.

Comment

Sept. 3rd cannot come quick enough!!!

Comment

I hate the blue on blue at home. That's about my only complaint. Make the gold pants permanent.
                              Originally posted by JackFan96
                              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Working...
                              X