This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USD assistant to the University of Mary

I am curious if anyone knows why an assistant coach for USD football would take another assistant position at the University of Mary? It seems like a step down to me.

Re: USD assistant to the University of Mary

Originally posted by YanktonRabbit View Post
    I am curious if anyone knows why an assistant coach for USD football would take another assistant position at the University of Mary? It seems like a step down to me.
    I can think of a few reasons. It could be as simple as location, family, other personal reasons or it could be one of those I won't elaborate on.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonRabbit View Post
      If you read the USD board, they had a thread on this topic and some of the speculation got out of hand and the coach came and posted his full explanation. Most assistants do not plan on being an assistant until they reach SS age and move on.

All I can say is that thank goodness Coyote#1 is not the moderator of this board. He had picked up second hand info indicating that this coach had been let go, and that information was totally false but he sucked a bunch of people into believing this, myself included. Rumor controll, he could learn a lesson or two from the moderators of this board. The coach set people straight with one large post which he stated his reasons for leaving USD. Go read for your self.

http://usdcoyotesports.proboards.com...lay&thread=335

My only regret is that I bought into Coyote#1 's rumor.
      Last edited by Nidaros; 07-08-2011, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Don't trust anything that CF#1 says about anything. He cares more about a coaches personal life than he does what they actually do as far as on the job performance. He claims to be a sports journalist but has the grammer and communication skills of an 8th grader. Anyway I completely don't blame Spencer for leaving along with the glut of previous assistant who have left the program. The USD football program is a bigger mess than most realise and I would guess that also includes the USD AD. Just look at who USD has as assistants which is a joke for a D1 FSC level 4th year transition school. USD had a chance to get a legit D-Coordinator and passed by the option because they were too cheap to pay a comperable salary. Now they have a two headed monster at DC with neither being prepared for the job. Coaches are leaving left and right but very few understand that the real problem lies with the head man himself. If I were a SDSU fan I would hope that the current coach stays in place as long as possible because USD is no real threat in the MVFC until they cut their losses. USD could be a major threat if they would just take a rational and objection look at the program but Ed probably has most everyone sold as to why he should stay put. The Minnesota win was the exception and not the rule but so many donors and fans are blind to the rest of the season. The Minnesota win bought Ed at least 1 more year that he didn't deserve. The adjustment to the MVFC might just give him a couple more after that.
        How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
          Don't trust anything that CF#1 says about anything. He cares more about a coaches personal life than he does what they actually do as far as on the job performance. He claims to be a sports journalist but has the grammer and communication skills of an 8th grader. Anyway I completely don't blame Spencer for leaving along with the glut of previous assistant who have left the program. The USD football program is a bigger mess than most realise and I would guess that also includes the USD AD. Just look at who USD has as assistants which is a joke for a D1 FSC level 4th year transition school. USD had a chance to get a legit D-Coordinator and passed by the option because they were too cheap to pay a comperable salary. Now they have a two headed monster at DC with neither being prepared for the job. Coaches are leaving left and right but very few understand that the real problem lies with the head man himself. If I were a SDSU fan I would hope that the current coach stays in place as long as possible because USD is no real threat in the MVFC until they cut their losses. USD could be a major threat if they would just take a rational and objection look at the program but Ed probably has most everyone sold as to why he should stay put. The Minnesota win was the exception and not the rule but so many donors and fans are blind to the rest of the season. The Minnesota win bought Ed at least 1 more year that he didn't deserve. The adjustment to the MVFC might just give him a couple more after that.
          :'( :'(
          Originally posted by JackFan96
          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Yawn. zzzzzzzzzzz. Who cares.

Comment

So, in summary, he left to go fill in a necessary space on his resumé to eventually become a head coach.

This seems to me to be a rational reason to move to a new position.

People should (but of course won't) learn from this: human beings love to gossip and rumor-monger, and the actual truth of the subject of the gossip and rumor always seems to be a secondary consideration. The fiction is so often so much more interesting than the boring truth, you see.
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                So, in summary, he left to go fill in a necessary space on his resumé to eventually become a head coach.

This seems to me to be a rational reason to move to a new position.

People should (but of course won't) learn from this: human beings love to gossip and rumor-monger, and the actual truth of the subject of the gossip and rumor always seems to be a secondary consideration. The fiction is so often so much more interesting than the boring truth, you see.
                Point well taken Filbert. I am friends with Tony and he was told by Ed that he probably would never be a coordinator at USD. Given the fact Tony would someday like to be a head coach, and given the fact that position is hard to get without being a coordinator of some sort, Tony felt it was in his best interest to take the position. He was a very good offensive line coach and will be a loss for the Coyotes. I am guessing it is highly unlikely that we will get that position filled with someone of Tony's quality and charecter.

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
                  Coyote_Fan, someday maybe you'll learn that Jacks fans could care less about your opinion (or mine for that matter) about USD football. This is their board, and I have been through my fair share of arguments with these fans, but they are right, it isn't a COYOTE BOARD and they don't care. Plus, my bet is they don't want you as a fan either, as you are a sellout. Jacks fans could care less about Ed and really care less about your opinion. This is one thing I share in common with them for sure.

Comment

Yote on yote fighting. come and get your popcorn.....in that annoying kate Gosslin voice.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                      Yote on yote fighting. come and get your popcorn.....in that annoying kate Gosslin voice.
                      Oh yes Kate and her eight little gosslings or baby geese. What is she up to lately? I have not seen her for a while. I did see her camping with Sarah Palin. Good old Sarah was speechless when Kate told her she was going home. She saw no need to pretend that you are homeless. That was Kate at her best.

I throw this in to take the heat off of Coach Tony Spencer.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                        LOL............that was funny. How about Yote on 1/2 a$$ Yote and soon to be Jack fan. Let me introduce your newest fan. Coyote_Fan

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                          LOL............that was funny. How about Yote on 1/2 a$$ Yote and soon to be Jack fan. Let me introduce your newest fan. Coyote_Fan
                          We're going to need your #1 pick next year and a poster to be named later to close that deal . . .
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

You are correct about that yoteforever here is the proof, an excerpt from Coyote Fan's personal message board.

"Reality is that I am becoming more and more in the minority and have been further pushed out of Coyote Nation because of having that opinion. I have being forced to becoming a Jacks fan because Yote fans don't want their fans to expect too much."

http://southdakotacoyotes.proboards....play&thread=21

I believe a moniker change is in order for CF.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                              We're going to need your #1 pick next year and a poster to be named later to close that deal . . .
                              Filbert, one of those two picks, and I am not saying which, will be LAKESBISON. Best wishes

Comment

Working...
                              X