Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mizzou

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...ws|text|Sports
    One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Re: Mizzou

Nice

Comment

Very exciting! Was hoping for an Iowa or even Colorado, but this will be great! Great atmosphere good program!
      With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

I hate Methzou.
        "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
        "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
          I hate Methzou.
          I'm with you... how smart do you have to be to Misspell the name of your own state... it sounds retarded!

Comment

Exp. story, nice payday.

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...|text|Sports|p

Comment

Now we just need to get that 2013 FBS game scheduled. I like the even years against the Big 12 teams and the odd years versus Big 10 teams. I don't know if that was by design or not, but I like it. If that were to hold true, lets go to Madison, WI and take on the Badgers in 2013.

Comment

Missou is a great choice for a game, it will be a great payday, and is an area we are recruiting very heavy. As for 2013 I think the wishlist is very short: Iowa and Wisconsin. Beyond that Arizona, ASU (based on our Arizona recruiting), Colorado, Nebraska, is a Texas team team too crazy to go after?

Comment

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post
                  Missou is a great choice for a game, it will be a great payday, and is an area we are recruiting very heavy. As for 2013 I think the wishlist is very short: Iowa and Wisconsin. Beyond that Arizona, ASU (based on our Arizona recruiting), Colorado, Nebraska, is a Texas team team too crazy to go after?
                  I think you nailed it for the 2013 wishlist: Wisconsin, Iowa, repeat trip to Nebraska.

I like the Arizona options, but the AD seems to want to schedule in the midwest so our fans/team can travel easy and relate to the opponent better.
                  "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Iowa's at the top of my list. They paid Maine a huge guarantee a few years ago. Iowa City = fun town to visit.
                    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                      I'm with you... how smart do you have to be to Misspell the name of your own state... it sounds retarded!
                      Whats that joke? If your visiting its, Missouri, if you’re a local, its Mizzura, if you’re a fan of the football team its Misery.

Something like that.

Anyway I could think of worse places or teams for us to play. I would have perfered an Iowa or Iowa state again.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

These games are about two things, and two things only:
                        1) Money
                        2) Recruiting

Missouri fits the bill for both. They have a rabid fan base, and will pay a lot to fill that stadium. I started looking at the roster and this years recruiting class. I was actually surprised how many players we have from MO and the Kansas City Area. I do love the Midwest game to ensure we get as many fans as possible there. Many have stated before that Iowa pays well, I know that Wisconsin pays well, and we have lots of players from both. Does anyone know what the Yotes are getting paid by the Badgers to play them this year?

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                          Whats that joke? If your visiting its, Missouri, if you’re a local, its Mizzura, if you’re a fan of the football team its Misery.

Something like that.

Anyway I could think of worse places or teams for us to play. I would have perfered an Iowa or Iowa state again.
                          actually, from what I've been told by the natives (and also what experience I've had here), the "Miz-ooo-rah" is mostly rural, eastern, and southern. "Miz-oo-ree" is probably more urban, western, and northern. Locals in Kansas City know they're listening to a "foreigner" when somebody comes in and tries to sound like a local by saying "Miz-ooo-rah."

Missouri has a bit of a "West-River/East River" thing going, but it's Kansas City and the north/west vs. St. Louis and the south/east. That pretty much makes Kansas City the Rapid City of Missouri, and St. Louis the Sioux Falls of the state. It's not quite as drastic as the fundamental SD division, but it's definitely a dynamic going on in the state.
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                            actually, from what I've been told by the natives (and also what experience I've had here), the "Miz-ooo-rah" is mostly rural, eastern, and southern. "Miz-oo-ree" is probably more urban, western, and northern. Locals in Kansas City know they're listening to a "foreigner" when somebody comes in and tries to sound like a local by saying "Miz-ooo-rah."

Missouri has a bit of a "West-River/East River" thing going, but it's Kansas City and the north/west vs. St. Louis and the south/east. That pretty much makes Kansas City the Rapid City of Missouri, and St. Louis the Sioux Falls of the state. It's not quite as drastic as the fundamental SD division, but it's definitely a dynamic going on in the state.
                            A co-worker of mine who grew up just across the state line in Illinois pronounced it differently than any of these. She claimed to have spent a lot of time in the State of Misery.
                            Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
                              A co-worker of mine who grew up just across the state line in Illinois pronounced it differently than any of these. She claimed to have spent a lot of time in the State of Misery.
                              Oddly enough, that's what most Illinois residents call their own state nowadays.

*rim shot*

/border state humor
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                              X